Where to put my bag on rides

I suspect that the waterproof cover was not fully waterproof, so to remove liability due to a false sense of 'water proofness" Disney removed the bins entirely and made the nearby lockers free.

I think not only were they not entirely waterproof but they removed them because they were a huge slow-down to the ride loading / unloading.

We sometimes use the free lockers even while we're doing something else besides Kali so we don't have to carry junk around. Usually my DH will run back over to them & just move our stuff to another locker before the 2 hours are up (provided we can stay reasonably close to them).

Just chiming in to say that a small crossbody is great because you can leave it on and it sits just under the restraint on most rides. I took a backpack once and did the foot-through-strap thing, and still fixated upon losing it on every ride (even though I knew rationally that was unlikely). Having a crossbody instead definitely helps my peace of mind on attractions.

The fact that we can keep bags with us is one of my favorite things about Disney vs regular amusement parks.

I plan to bring my camera backpack and am wondering if there are any rides where I will not be allowed to keep it with me? My youngest still is not tall enough for RnR so that one is not a concern (we plan to use rider swap) but I’m curious if there are any others (ToT, FoP, EE)? Thank you!

and the lockers that AFwifelife mentioned are really close to the entrance of Kali, we used them last time we were there. Best place for your camera backpack.

I think you got the answer you're looking for already which is "yes". That said, a specific example I can give is Space Mountain; I just put the bag between my legs.

The mesh pouch on 7D is so small and you need to board quick, I found it easiest to just keep my tote between my feet on the floor. Had no probelm.

However, the mesh pouch under the seats on Soarin and Star Tours is ridiculously small and narrow. I always have a problem getting my bag in and out. I recently noticed on Soarin there is a space outlined by yellow tape on the center aisle for scooter parking, several people placed their large backpacks in this area. I will definitely do that next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter