• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to go for birthday dinner

NorthernON_MOM

DIS Lover
Our oldest ds turns 8 while we are there and he wants to spend the day @ MK. We are wondering where to go for his birthday dinner (he is not interested in character meals). Any suggestions? Thanks

I'm thinking that other than counter service, the other MK eateries are character meals. I guess Tony's isn't. A fun place to go is Ohana at the Poly. It is accesible to MK via monorail.:earsboy:

I have to agree with Micca with the suggestion of Ohana at the Polynesian Resort. The restaurant has fantastic food for dinner and has a fun atmosphere that my 4 year old daughter really enjoyed, so your 8 year old will have a blast.

When it comes to the inside of the Magic Kingdom for dinner where there are no characters I really can't think of anything great. We went to the Lady and the Tramp restaurant (can't think of real name) and it was just okay - we have no reason to return anytime soon. I have only eaten in the Castle for breakfast but not for lunch or dinner, but I have heard that it is nice.

Remember, if you have any questions about any restaurants, you can call the priority seating number and the cast members are very nice and will even read to you part or all of the menu of the restaurant you are asking about. I have done this many times because I don't want to go somewhere and have my daughter not like anything that is there.

I hope your son has a fantastic birthday:D :p ;) :cool: :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :wave:

I'm taking my DS for his 9th b-day to O'Hanas...can't wait! It sounds like lots of fun for kids and the food is supposedly great!

Although only a kid at heart, we took my dh to Ohana for his 40th birthday and we all (including our kids ages 12, 9, and 6) LOVED it! Very relaxed, fun atmosphere and good food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter