Where to get fruit in the parks for breakfast?

FSU Girl

DIS Veteran
Where in the parks can you get fruit? Do all quick service sell it? My baby likes to have fruit for breakfast and I’m trying to figure out where to go to buy her some. Do they sell fruit at any of the hotels outside of a restaurant?

Liberty Square Market MK
Prince Eric's Village Market (grapes) MK
Anaheim Produce DHS
Sunshine Seasons (fruit cups) Epcot
Harambe Fruit Market AK

The general stores/QS/bakeries at the hotels usually have fruit. A lot of the Joffrey's have bananas, maybe apples.

Liberty Square Market MK
Anaheim Produce DHS
Harambe Fruit Market AK

The general stores/QS/bakeries at the hotels usually have fruit. A lot of the Joffrey's have bananas, maybe apples.
Perfect thank you!!

This would be fruit+, but my go to is at Sleepy Hollow in Liberty Square:

Fresh Fruit Waffle Sandwich
Served with Stawberries, Bananas, Blueberries, Chocolate-Hazelnut Spread

This would be fruit+, but my go to is at Sleepy Hollow in Liberty Square:

Fresh Fruit Waffle Sandwich
Served with Stawberries, Bananas, Blueberries, Chocolate-Hazelnut Spread
I’d like the waffle hazelnut part lol. Do they make it in front of you so you can ask for the fruit on the side?

I’d like the waffle hazelnut part lol. Do they make it in front of you so you can ask for the fruit on the side?
Yup. Made to order. Mom can enjoy the waffle w spread and baby can nosh on the fruit! It’s a win-win. ✔️

Liberty Square Market MK
Anaheim Produce DHS
Harambe Fruit Market AK

I live in the Northeast, we grow apples here.

Always amazes me how difficult it is to locate an orange at Disney.

I think they push the Cuties instead. They are easier to peel and eat and produce less mess. I wish they sold whole avocados, but I'm a weirdo and eat them like a regular piece of fruit.

I’m not one to usually balk at Disney price gouging, but we noticed on Friday that the Boardwalk Bakery had individual apples, oranges and bananas for sale. The price? A whopping $2.29 each!! That’s 10x more than the price at Trader Joe’s for one banana!

I’m not one to usually balk at Disney price gouging, but we noticed on Friday that the Boardwalk Bakery had individual apples, oranges and bananas for sale. The price? A whopping $2.29 each!! That’s 10x more than the price at Trader Joe’s for one banana!
This! I found the cost of single fruit items to be a little crazy. Last time we were there we did a Prime grocery order (if you have Amazon… I know there are other grocery delivery companies, but prime was easy and had a fairly low minimum- maybe $35?) and we got a lot of fruit that way. We took little containers and ziploc bags and even cut up some fruit to take to the parks with us. We plan to do this again when we go in a couple weeks. It was nice to just have fruit in the room.

This! I found the cost of single fruit items to be a little crazy. Last time we were there we did a Prime grocery order (if you have Amazon… I know there are other grocery delivery companies, but prime was easy and had a fairly low minimum- maybe $35?) and we got a lot of fruit that way. We took little containers and ziploc bags and even cut up some fruit to take to the parks with us. We plan to do this again when we go in a couple weeks. It was nice to just have fruit in the room.
Would the fruit stay ok in the parks not being refrigerated? Most of the fruit my baby likes is usually in a fridge makes it a little more complicated. Like grapes, strawberries etc

Would the fruit stay ok in the parks not being refrigerated? Most of the fruit my baby likes is usually in a fridge makes it a little more complicated. Like grapes, strawberries etc
Great question. I honestly don’t remember them getting gross or anything and we definitely had grapes and strawberries. You could use a ziploc bag to grab some ice at the ice machine and put in a small lunchbox or your bag, though (as long as it doesn’t leak). Or - take a plastic knife from the food court or a qs place, take the fruit whole and cut it while you’re there perhaps!

Great question. I honestly don’t remember them getting gross or anything and we definitely had grapes and strawberries. You could use a ziploc bag to grab some ice at the ice machine and put in a small lunchbox or your bag, though (as long as it doesn’t leak). Or - take a plastic knife from the food court or a qs place, take the fruit whole and cut it while you’re there perhaps!
Side note, I do seem to remember using some sort of container. If you have a small plastic container with a lid you’re willing to bring it would keep the fruit from getting smashed in your bag.

One way to accomplish this is to order the Nutella spread on the side. This can even be done on mobile order. Then you can give baby the strawberries, bananas and blueberries, and then enjoy the waffle and Nutella yourself.

The thing about Florida oranges is that most are grown for orange juice while California grows while California grows most of the ready to eat oranges.

In regards to "cuties" they are a trademarked name for mandarin oranges. The original orange groves in the state of Florida were in NE Florida specifically what is now called Mandarin (now part of Jacksonville). Thus the generic name of mandarin oranges vs cuties.

The thing about Florida oranges is that most are grown for orange juice while California grows while California grows most of the ready to eat oranges.

In regards to "cuties" they are a trademarked name for mandarin oranges. The original orange groves in the state of Florida were in NE Florida specifically what is now called Mandarin (now part of Jacksonville). Thus the generic name of mandarin oranges vs cuties.
I appreciate the edification, but still.

By your own outline, Manadarins, an eating orange, are grown in FL.

I get mail-order of both grapefruits & oranges from FL every year.

Also, an orange has a longer shelf-life than a banana, and yet, bananas are more ubiquitous throughout Disney World.

Also, oranges are 'better' for replenishing electrolytes in the heat of FL than apples.

Also, the ability to share a section of an orange with friends & family seems better than, "Take a bite of my (poison) apple....."

Also, an orange & banana has a natural wrapper that requires no washing, not so for an apple.

If Disney can serve apples (grown outside of FL), then serving an orange from either FL or another state (like CA, home of Disney corporate) should not be difficult to accomplish.

I love apples, but finding these in a sunny FL theme park versus infrequently seeing oranges just seems silly to me.

I used to live in apples growing country, so I find it silly that I'm promoting eating FL oranges in FL......where too few oranges are sold for eating.

Last edited:

You could just pack some in a small insulated bag, or I also recently read a good tip that said get one of those water bottles with the frozen core and put berries or grapes in them instead of water.

I appreciate the edification, but still.

By your own outline, Manadarins, an eating orange, are grown in FL.

I get mail-order of both grapefruit & oranges from FL every year.

Also, an orange has a longer shelf-life than a banana, and yet, bananas are more ubiquitous throughout Disney World.

Also, the ability to share a section of an orange with friends & family seems better than, "Take a bite of my (poison) apple....."

If Disney can serve apples (grow outside of FL), then serving an orange from either FL or another state (like CA, home of Disney corporate) should not be difficult to accomplish.

I love apples, but finding these in a sunny FL theme park versus infrequently seeing oranges just seems silly to me.
Oranges would be great for my baby. She doesn’t have apples often I’m scared she’ll choke on them

You could just pack some in a small insulated bag, or I also recently read a good tip that said get one of those water bottles with the frozen core and put berries or grapes in them instead of water.
That’s a good idea thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter