where to get "classic" cocktails on the Magic & also your non fruity favorites

(Forum only lets us post one pic per post hence multiple posts.)
Classic Irish coffee; coffee, Irish whiskey, sugar and whipped cream. Can be overwhelmingly sweet and rich so the bartender/barista may ask if you want to leave out the sugar:

IMG_2447.jpeg

Last edited:
View attachment 857783
Irish coffee with a walk around the ship in the AM worth the cost of the cruise.
heaven on earth. One morning at my living-in-sinlaws house I was joking we should Irish up our coffee. Partner said that his parents think I am already enough of a lush as it is (because they require an extra level of buzz to cope with and because I get buzzed basically on one drink they think I have a "drinking problem" regardless of how many times I explain that if I had a "drinking problem" I'd be able to put away a lot more with no one noticing! Non holiday times about once a month I will have 1-2 cocktails on a Friday night so I really do not drink a lot!

Anyway the whole point of that is without being around judgy people maybe I will irish up my coffee!!

Looking forward to the Haunted Mansion Bar on the Treasure:
T1030DCLHAUNTEDMANSION_C_HR.jpg

On the Wonder last summer we were able to walk into Palo and sit at the bar. The bartender there was great. My wife and I love boozy drinks without much sugar and he was on point.
What did you say out front? That you just wanted to go sit at the bar?

I did it once, but I was already there for something else, so I feel awkward just going back up there...

We were booked on one DCL cruise that was only 40% capacity booked.
We're a retired Disney Studio Family so we get cruise specials and this was one of them.

A couple weeks before the cruise an Email arrived and if we could get 4 adults in a cabin we could have it for a severe further discount. Ample discount.

No problem, daughter showed up with 3 sorority sisters. These girls all over Disney, never get enough.
We put the broke college students on our ships tab and the $5 drinks kept the bar bill from exceeding the cost of the cruise.

Guys were sending them drinks anyway and that helped out the wallet too. The Robin Hoods sending the drinks to the Maid Marians can work in your favor.

Exciting that you were able to get 3 tastings! Which ones will you be doing? I'm going on the Fantasy in April 2025 as part of an extended family trip. My husband and I both really enjoy whiskey and bourbon drinks. I'm only a silver CC status so not getting my hopes up for drinking tasting availability but would definitely sign up for one if the opportunity arises.

I'm silver and was able to book Rum at the first try (which I ended up dropping) but I ended up snagging Bourbon and champagne somewhere between when the activities window opened and about a week or two before my sold out Wish cruise.

So if there's nothing available when you first look, just check in every so often.

We were booked on one DCL cruise that was only 40% capacity booked.
We're a retired Disney Studio Family so we get cruise specials and this was one of them.

A couple weeks before the cruise an Email arrived and if we could get 4 adults in a cabin we could have it for a severe further discount. Ample discount.

No problem, daughter showed up with 3 sorority sisters. These girls all over Disney, never get enough.
We put the broke college students on our ships tab and the $5 drinks kept the bar bill from exceeding the cost of the cruise.

Guys were sending them drinks anyway and that helped out the wallet too. The Robin Hoods sending the drinks to the Maid Marians can work in your favor.
I'm turning 50 on my cruise, ain't no Robin Hoods beating down my door to buy me drinks! Luckily I can pay for my own.

Definitely perks to working for the mouse!

I'm silver and was able to book Rum at the first try (which I ended up dropping) but I ended up snagging Bourbon and champagne somewhere between when the activities window opened and about a week or two before my sold out Wish cruise.

So if there's nothing available when you first look, just check in every so often.
My cruise is not super sold out but more than half the tastings are still bookable on mine 31 days out. I would not assume you can't book except for maybe the most popular ones (chocolate and liquor always seems to sell out quickly because it's sooooooo good.)

I kind of wanted to book the wine but I kind of don't want to be doing that at 11am! oh well.

My cruise is not super sold out but more than half the tastings are still bookable on mine 31 days out. I would not assume you can't book except for maybe the most popular ones (chocolate and liquor always seems to sell out quickly because it's sooooooo good.)

I kind of wanted to book the wine but I kind of don't want to be doing that at 11am! oh well.

We lucked into chocolate and liquor on our first cruise. Like they had 2 slots available and was about to start in 5 minutes, guest services booked it and we practically ran to Pink 😂

We lucked into chocolate and liquor on our first cruise. Like they had 2 slots available and was about to start in 5 minutes, guest services booked it and we practically ran to Pink 😂
I did it solo traveling with my kiddo and spent the whole time thinking about how much my partner would LOVE this. Luckily I am CC gold (7th cruise in 25 years lol, I think their new rules are going to kill that status) so I had no trouble booking it when my window opened up. It's my two favorite things and the parmesan pairing was out of this world. made me want to get a bottle of port and a chunk of cheese and sit on my balcony alone with my shame!

Mine is only a 5 night cruise so some I would expect to see are notably missing, like martinis. Doesn't everyone love martinis? They are just not doing it. The margarita and tequila tastings sold out too but wine, mixology and at least one time slot of the whiskey and cognac are still available. It's really just margarita/tequila and chocolate and liquor that are booked fully. I did not book the margarita/tequila because of the times but also I am not a huge fan of sipping on straight tequila and also I have become a huge snob about margaritas now that I figured out how I like it. Some kind of good reposado, cointreau, fresh squeezed lime and a little simple syrup. Rocks. I think whiskey and cognac are much better for drinking straight than tequila. I may be boring.

Last edited:
Whistle Pig in Quechee - I had to look up that mouthful for today’s alcohol and geography lesson.
Whistle pig is local to new England.

Simon Pearce is a glass blower also in Vermont.

They collaborated to make a glass perfect for sipping whiskey and they also have a slightly larger double old fashioned size which I drink many things out of.

Side by side negronis (classic and white) in my favorite glass.

I love whistle Pig and am tickled they have it on the Magic.

Attachments

• 20240503_192218.jpg
    20240503_192218.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 2
What did you say out front? That you just wanted to go sit at the bar?

I did it once, but I was already there for something else, so I feel awkward just going back up there...
We just explained we didn’t have a reservation and asked if we could sit at the bar and order drinks. We were dressed up already (business casual). They were ok with it. They have a nice bar there with several stools and no one is ever sitting there. What prompted it was, we were there for dinner a couple nights earlier and I ordered a black Manhattan, which they nailed. I wanted the same bartender so we went back for drinks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter