Where to get a makeup kit/collection?

lovetoscrap

Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there.
You know the kind you can find at Christmas time? A case of some sort with a large variety of different makeup options: eyeshadow, lipstick/gloss/blush, brushes, etc... for a pretty low price. They are abundant at Christmas time but not so much this time of year. DD's friend really wants one and her birthday is Saturday. I want to pay between $20-$40. I don't really need a high quality, it will mostly be used by teens to experiment with-- they want quantity over quality!

We have an Ulta but when I was in there a month or so ago they didn't have anything like this. Where else could I maybe find something like this? I prefer not to order on line because of the time crunch but if there is something wonderful I would consider giving the present late. I have the major department stores in my area. This girl is like my 3rd daughter so I will drive an hour or so to the outlets if I can get what I want but prefer not to go that far if I won't find what I want. I have a Cosmetics Company Store at the outlet mall I and a Sephora that isn't close but I would drive there if they had what I need.

I am not really into makeup so I am not really sure where to buy it.

i vote for e.l.f. too. you can buy their sets at target and big lots and they have sets with plenty of colors. plus, they're super cheap and good quality! I would also look into the sephora palettes (sephora brand) but they are more expensive than elf. E.l.f also has nail polish, lipgloss, etc... giftsets and each are about 5 dollars so you could get a couple.

I'd skip the CCO (comsetics outlet) because you're not going to find a lot of sets there (even thought I love the CCO for dscounted MAC goodies!) I'd go CCO if you want higher quality stuff but less of it.

I third elf! I've seen elf makeup kits at Target - but even if they don't specifically have the kits, the individual pieces are so inexpensive you could easily make your own kit with a lot of makeup for $20. And IMO, the makeup is pretty decent quality considering the price. (I love using their tinted moisturizer. And at only $3 per bottle, it's a steal!)

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! You all have given me a bunch of great suggestions that I had no idea about. I am off to go shopping and am feeling better about being able to find what DD wants for her.

You can also try elf:
https://www.eyeslipsface.com/
They carry sets online, or you can go to Target and buy individual pieces and make your own set. I only suggest them because most of their stuff (including brushes) is $1 each!

i vote for e.l.f. too. you can buy their sets at target and big lots and they have sets with plenty of colors. plus, they're super cheap and good quality! I would also look into the sephora palettes (sephora brand) but they are more expensive than elf. E.l.f also has nail polish, lipgloss, etc... giftsets and each are about 5 dollars so you could get a couple.

I'd skip the CCO (comsetics outlet) because you're not going to find a lot of sets there (even thought I love the CCO for dscounted MAC goodies!) I'd go CCO if you want higher quality stuff but less of it.

MAC???? Discounted?????:eek: Now I HAVE to stop there! MAC is the only makeup that I wear and I just buy what Mr. Stephen there tells me too!

I third elf! I've seen elf makeup kits at Target - but even if they don't specifically have the kits, the individual pieces are so inexpensive you could easily make your own kit with a lot of makeup for $20. And IMO, the makeup is pretty decent quality considering the price. (I love using their tinted moisturizer. And at only $3 per bottle, it's a steal!)
Thanks so much for all the suggestions of ELF-- I've never heard of it. Target online is showing a great kit so I will see if they have it in the store.

They're showing a pretty big one online for $16.
Well, darn. That is also a great option because of the French theme. She and DD met in French class and both love everything related to France. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

My DD also likes ELF, and we got her an eyes set and a lips set at Target. They are pretty inexpensive, so you could give some good quality makeup brushes to go with it if you wanted to spend a bit more.

Well I drove 45 mins away and went to several places including Target, Sephora, and Kohls. The only one up there that I don't have near me was the Sephora but the others were in the same shopping center so I hit them all at the same time. I had a wonderful lunch with a friend that lives up that way that I rarely see so it was not a complete waste, but in the end it took a trip to my local mall to Claire's to find something acceptable.

Target didn't have any big sets, just the smaller ones. Kohls had a nice little set that was the front runner but DD fell in love with the French one from Claires and it was the best one we found, along with another nice set they have. I did get some of the ELF eyeshadow for myself though!

Thanks so much for all the help. I am going to try the ELF for myself and DD and maybe I can cut my MAC budget. And I had no idea that Claires even sold makeup so never would have looked there.

Should have a happy birthday girl!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter