Where to get a DAS pass?

DMLAINI

DIS Veteran
I see there's a guest services location at the International Gateway at EPCOT. Can you get your DAS pass there without going into the park? I was going to go there on check in day to get it to avoid waiting in line on a park day. Thank you

You can enquire about DAS at any Guest Relations at a theme park; my understanding is it's only Guest Relations at Disney Springs which cannot handle DAS requests. We have gone to MK (outside of the gate), Animal Kingdom (outside of the gate), and Epcot Intl Gateway (outside the gate; they one you're asking about), and all on non-ticket days. :)

I see there's a guest services location at the International Gateway at EPCOT. Can you get your DAS pass there without going into the park? I was going to go there on check in day to get it to avoid waiting in line on a park day. Thank you

Yes! We did the exact same thing in March and were in and out of that location with our DAS in 10 minutes.

DAS is only available at Guest Relations at one of the 4 Theme Parks.
The outside of the park Guest Relations sites occasionally are not able to issue DAS. It’s usually either because they are too busy with guests with ticket issues that need to be resolved before they can enter the park or because they don’t have the iPad that is needed to issue DAS. Both of those are more likely early in the morning.

Another thing to be aware of - you can see into the park entrances from all of the outside of park Guest Relations. That’s not an issue for some people, but a big concern for others.

DAS is only available at Guest Relations at one of the 4 Theme Parks.
The outside of the park Guest Relations sites occasionally are not able to issue DAS. It’s usually either because they are too busy with guests with ticket issues that need to be resolved before they can enter the park or because they don’t have the iPad that is needed to issue DAS. Both of those are more likely early in the morning.

Another thing to be aware of - you can see into the park entrances from all of the outside of park Guest Relations. That’s not an issue for some people, but a big concern for others.
very true if child involved as they can see park and if DAS is for child that child will have to be there with you

My mother got her DAS in January of 2020 at the IG guest relations at Epcot. We went in the middle of the afternoon.

What are the hours of Guest Relations? Park open - close? Do they open early so you can get DAS situated before rope drop?

Guest Relations inside the parks are open whenever guests are in that park.
Guest Relations outside the park are open before that park opens - they have to be open so people with ticket issues or need to activate tickets can do it before entering the park. Some of those things take longer to resolve, so it may be quicker inside the park If you are going at park opening.

So you go to the guest relations at each park who load it onto the magic bands and then it’s done at each attraction you want to use it on?

for some reason I though part of it was done at resort check in

So you go to the guest relations at each park who load it onto the magic bands and then it’s done at each attraction you want to use it on?

for some reason I though part of it was done at resort check in
Not quite
You go to Guest Relations at ONE of the Theme Parks and be ready to discuss briefly what issues prevent you from waiting in the regular lines. NOT the disability, but what issues you expect to cause problems.
Nothing is loaded onto the Magicband; it is just a link to your pass and other information. When DAS is issued, the CM will also link the Magicbands or park passes of other members of your group to the DAS holder.
You only need to request DAS once during your trip. Once it’s issued, it is valid at all 4 Theme Parks.
The accommodation provided by DAS is ability to wait outside of lines. Anyone linked to the DAS can request a Return Time at the individual attraction (possibly also at blue Guest Experience umbrellas or from Guest Experience CMs walking around in the park).
The Return Time is approximately 10 minutes less than the current posted wait time for that attraction. After waiting, you return to the attraction and will be directed where to enter.
This thread has more information about DAS - only the first post is pertinent. The rest was written right before and after DAS began.
The main difference is that because of social distancing, they are limiting the number of guests in Guest Relations, so it may be just the person requesting DAS plus one other.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...15-digital-das-on-tickets-magicbands.3178976/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter