• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to food shop for villa?

stormer

DIS Veteran
Where does everyone like to go food shopping for your villa? We prefer to go to the store ourselves, instead of using a delivery service. We like to pick up food for breakfast and snacks in the room and get a few cases of water. We used to always stop at the Walmart on Turkey Lake Road on our way in, but the past few trips it hasn't been so great. Last tine we stayed at AKL we went to a big Target that had a really nice food section, but this trip we will be at Boardwalk so I think that would be out of the way. Does anyone have a favorite place to get their groceries?

Last edited:
There's a large new-ish Target near the Vineland factory outlet shopping center, which is on the way from the airport. That's where we stop for our Owners Locker replenishing supplies, when we need stuff. There's a good selection of groceries too, like any big Target.

We always stop at Publix near the Vineland Outlets, but I think there's an even closer newer one now that we'll go to next trip.

The Target near the Vineland Outlets is a solid choice especially if you want to get those souvenirs knocked off that list early. There is also a Cheesecake Factory on the way to the Target: 11619 Daryl Carter Pkwy, Orlando, FL 32821

We've found the Publix at 7880 Winter Garden Vineland Rd in Windermere to be pretty convenient when staying at Copper Creek. It would work pretty well for Boardwalk as well.

Edited - changed street number as I believe I had a typo in my notes at home (probably why our GPS always tells us to turn before we get there :goodvibes) . This one is what is listed on Publix's website.

Last edited:
We pretty much always stop at the Wal-Mart supercenter on Vineland Road as a last stop to get grocery items before we hit our resort. We also did a mid-trip grocery run to Winn Dixie on South Apopka Vineland for the first time this last trip. 15 minutes to the Wal-Mart, 12 minutes to the Winn-Dixie from our Treehouse.

We usually stop at Publix near the Vineland Outlets. We usually do some shopping at the Character Warehouse with picking up essentials afterwards.

We go to Aldis grocery store at 11601 Regency Village Drive Orlando, Florida 32821. Fairly new store and good prices for stocking up the villa.

We too are Publix fans. We usually go to the one at
14928 E Orange Lake Blvd, Kissimmee FL 34747-8210 but have been to others depending on where we’re staying. I especially like the app, because I can create a list there, and it will automatically arrange items in order by aisle, even telling us whether certain items are on the right, middle or left of the back wall.

PS Publix deli makes good sandwiches, if you roll into town hungry.

If I am east of World Drive, I tend to go to the Winn Dixie on Apopka Vineland. If I am on the west side, I tend to go to the Orange Lake Publix. I don't usually stop on the way from the airport, and instead make a run after we have the room.

We usually steer clear of the Vineland area because it was always so super congested. Are the Target and Publix stores out the way easy to get in-and-out? Do they tend to be well-stocked? Thx.

There is a Target and Publix in Kissimmee maybe 10 minutes outside of AKL. Both of which are ok as they are on the smaller side for both but you can fill in what you can't get at one at the other. There is a Walmart supercenter that is closer. Not a lot of traffic in that area as well the entrance is unmarked and would only be close to AK by turning around. The Target - Publix you could avoid most of the main road. Seems Walmart as well.

We usually stop at the Publix at 9930 Universal Blvd. It's right off of 528, makes it an easy stop on and off.

What the best option if staying at BRV? (We may or may not have a car but if we do...we'd want to get groceries on our own.)

What the best option if staying at BRV? (We may or may not have a car but if we do...we'd want to get groceries on our own.)
We prefer Publix, of which there are many, and I usually map the resort we’re booked for and then search for the Publix near it, because we prefer to get our room first, shop later. However, there are Publix off of 528 (one route from MCO to WDW, popular with car services too if you go that route) as @Uh_Oa says above, as well as off 417 (the southern route, which we prefer when driving ourselves), if you want to stop on the way from the airport. Either way, you can place a pickup order via their app, to minimize the time you’re at the store.

I just mapped it, and the Publix at 7880 Winter Garden Vineland Rd, Windermere, FL 34786 looks like the closest to BRV, per Google maps. Winn-Dixie might be a little closer, but you’d have to deal with more congestion getting there. Sometimes we choose our Publix based on ease of getting there rather than distance or travel time!

I make two stops. I do most of my shopping at the Publix Super Market at Orange Lake Town Center off Hwy 192 near Hwy 429. I then go on the other side of Hwy 192 and hit the Target. It's about a 20-25 minute drive from Boardwalk. I go there so I can hit both places at once. I don't shop Wal*Mart.

There is another pairing of Publix/Target near the Vineland Outlets as mentioned by others. That might be a good choice if you're stopping on the way from the airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter