Where To Eat On Christmas

jba2

Mouseketeer
We're planning to stay at the Dolphin on Christmas Eve and on Christmas Day. Everything on Christmas is booked. Can anyone please suggest restaurants outside of Disney where we can go for dinner? Thanks.

Hmmm, I'd try a resort restaurant and keep trying. People cancel all the time. I know from experience outside Disney, nothing much is open. Maybe also try a restaurant in Disney Springs. We will be in Epcot for Christmas Day.

I would definitely keep checking as people do tend to change plans. Most any restaurant IN a hotel will be open. Check the Four Seasons, Hilton Bonnet Creek, the Ritz/JW Grande Lakes have some great places -- all of those are nearby.

Have you checked Opentable? It is showing lots of available restaurants on Christmas Day, including places in Disney Springs.

I echo those saying to keep checking - esp the night before. The night before Thanksgiving, nearly all the hard to get spots were suddenly open as people changed their plans and didn't want to lose their deposit.

You might want to snag something on Opentable just in case - you can always cancel that if you snag something through Disney's system. You should be able to find several spots through Opentable that aren't far from Disney campus.

We're planning to stay at the Dolphin on Christmas Eve and on Christmas Day. Everything on Christmas is booked. Can anyone please suggest restaurants outside of Disney where we can go for dinner? Thanks.
If you are staying at Swan & Dolphin, contact the Concierge, that's why they're there.

I agree, there will be cancellations for sure leading up to the day. If you are open to where you eat, you'll find something. We always eat at the Grand Floridian Cafe on Christmas eve, and Narcoosee's on Christmas Day. There are many wonderfully decorated resorts in Disney, so I'd recommend staying on property to eat and enjoy the festive atmosphere in the bubble.

Miller's Alehouse on West 192 has served a Christmas meal starting at noon for several years. We go there on Thanksgiving since it's just two of us, it is excellent and was $12.99 a person.

Thanks for all your responses. You've given me hope and great suggestions.

Yes, keep checking, especially at the Epcot resorts because it'll be so easy for you to walk over. Pick a couple in particular that you'd especially like and set up a free Touring Plans reservation finder.

I agree with the others who suggest looking on opentable (for DS and Swan/Dolphin restaurants) and contacting the Swan/Dolphin directly.

Keep up the hope about 2 weeks out is when people start canceling reservations.....good luck

Keep checking. I have a Liberty Tree Tavern Res for Christmas that I’m possibly going to cancel, and I’m sure I’m not the only one who has something like this that’s hanging up in the air until closer to the date. It’s annoying not having a plan, but something may open up for you!

I would not expect much of anything to be open offsite. I read here last year about a family that tried to eat offsite last year and they couldn’t find anything open.

I would not expect much of anything to be open offsite. I read here last year about a family that tried to eat offsite last year and they couldn’t find anything open.
A quick search on Opentable for a party of 4 for Christmas day shows availability for nearly 100 restaurants, including these WDW places: Morimoto, STK, Boathouse, Raglan Road, Frontera Cocina, Planet Hollywood, AND bluezoo and Garden Grove which are at the OP's hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter