Where to eat in Santa Monica area?

Cinderella Fan

Disney Bride!! December 2006
I'm looking for a place to eat dinner/late lunch in the Santa Monica area. I was thinking Gladstones, but I don't want such a HUGE meal. The kids are going to be snacking around everywhere and don't want anything heavy.

Any tips?

I'm looking for a place to eat dinner/late lunch in the Santa Monica area. I was thinking Gladstones, but I don't want such a HUGE meal. The kids are going to be snacking around everywhere and don't want anything heavy.

Any tips?

Depends on what your likes/dislikes. Do you want a franchise (such as Gladstones), or want to have a local favorite? Are you willing to drive? If so, there are great restaurants at the Grove which is about a 20 minute drive from Santa Monica.

Thanks for the replies.

I am looking for a local favorite, something we can't get back at home. We don't mind driving a little, but I'd like to keep it close to Santa Monica since we will be driving around quite a bit that day.

Thanks for the replies.

I am looking for a local favorite, something we can't get back at home. We don't mind driving a little, but I'd like to keep it close to Santa Monica since we will be driving around quite a bit that day.

I am going to give you a couple of suggestions, but they are both outside of Santa Monica but well worth the 20 to 30 minute drive.

The first one is the Apple Pan. Best hamburgers in Los Angeles, hands down (of course, you have to try an In 'n Out burger, but that is a west coast franchise and I wanted to suggest something unique but GOOD and BETTER!). It is located at 10801 West Pico Boulevard, right across the street from the Westside Pavillion (a really nice mall).

The other suggestion is in Hollywood. It is a restaurant called Pig N' Whistle. Its address is 6714 Hollywood Boulevard, across the street from the Hollywood and Highland shopping complex (which includes the Kodak Theatre (the Oscars)) and just down the block from the El Capitan and the Disney Soda Fountain (so you can get your Disney fix on this excursion).

They are both easily reachable by just driving the streets and avoiding the freeways (remember this is a comment by a Los Angeleno who knows how to navigate the streets and make it from one place to another). There are certain places, such as Hollywood, which is actually easier to take streets as opposed to the freeway, if you are coming from the Westside.

if you like shrimp go to bubba gumps by the pier, awesome food at decent prices! try their brownie sundae for dessert, it's to die for!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter