Where to eat for boys first visit?

mom7011

Earning My Ears
We will be arriving WDW 5/2 for our sons' first visit and are very excited!

I made PS reservations for Crystal Palace and for Whispering Canyon for dinner. We have two other nights - where would you suggest? My DS4 is peanut-allergic so I have to plan ahead - I've heard Disney is great managing allergic issues. Doesn't have to be sit down restaurants - any good suggestions?

Thanks!

:Pinkbounc :bounce:

My 5 year old nephew had a blast at the Biergarten in Germany at the World Showcase, with the Oompa Band and the dancing and goofing around...........the kids can actually get up and dance around with other kids...............plus the buffet style food is exactly what the dr. ordered for the young 'uns...........

................my two cents..................

Have fun.............I can't wait til my little guy is that age in WDW.........

I would suggest Trails End. The atmosphere is not as hectic as some of the others and it is more casual than most. It is a buffet, but the kids love it and adults too. There is so much to see at FW, if you have never been. Peacocks, white and colored. Horses, goats, ducks. Who knows you may be run over by a rabbit or two. Depending on what time you have dinner, After dinner you could walk out to the dock or beach and watch the fireworks or the parade of lights on the water, before catching a boat back to WL, . the light pageant is at 9:45 and ofcourse the fireworks is Wishes from MK.
Whatever you do, enjoy.

We always eat at Chef Mickey's our first night. My three sons are getting older and still request this stop! We like both dinner and breakfast so depends on what your kids eat better.

They also really like Rainforest Cafe, Sci-Fi Dine In, and Beaches and Cream.

We typically don't go to the parks on our first day arrival, and our sons' favorite restaurants are Whispering Canyon at the WL and O'Hanas at Poly. Both of these have kid activities. OHanas has a view of the castle/fireworks; Whispering Canyon does many silly things. My oldest son still thinks I should serve biscuits by throwing them!

They, too, enjoy Biergarten with its dancing around and general opportunity to wiggle and be silly without getting into trouble!

You can't go wrong with any of the character meals as well.

We have planned on Bomas our first night in June since we figure after a long flight that we can fill up after not eating for most of the day :laughing:

Another vote for Chef Mickeys! We went on trip #2 and took the monorail there -- it was still talked about on trip #3. We had dinner and the boys (11 and 7 at the time) loved the atmosphere and the food.

In contrast we went to BOMA this time and we wasted the money as far as they were concerned -- they only ate chicken strips, fries and chocolate chip cookies.

We always try to do O'Hana on our first night - the view of the castle and lagoon can't be beat and really gets you in the Disney spirit. If you time it right, you might be able to see the fireworks at MK while you are eating. Even if you're not going to the parks, you can hop on the monorail and take a whirl around - it really gets the kids excited (and big kids, too!). DS5 (who's been going since he was 3) LOVES the activities at Ohana - the hula hoop contest and some kind of game with brooms and coconuts. It's a family fav and we do it every trip. Also, many times when we have come to the Poly early before dinner, there is a greeter in the lobby who does songs, dancing, and games with the kids. DS also loves this (he's a bit of a ham and I think enjoys performing for everyone coming in! :teeth: )... in fact, we have a hard time prying him away. So all-in-all this is a great first night activity because, at least for us, we get that 'pinch-me' we're-back-in-WDW feeling without going to the parks.

Good luck - planning is so much fun! princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter