Where to eat at Universal Orlando including menus...UPDATED REGULARLY

Thanks for the sharing tips!
I've got another question for you...for Potter fans....Leakey Cauldron or Three Broomsticks? Just wondering who likes what better.

Another vote for the Leaky Cauldron. I think the menu has better options. The Banger sandwich is my fav.

Can anyone tell me what items are available at Lisa's Tea House of Horror(terror) and if any of these items good? I'm going to try to be sticking to healthy foods and wonder if this is worth going over while I am in the park.

Last edited:
We like both 3 Broomsticks and Leaky Cauldron, but Leaky Cauldron a little bit more.

Here is our review from our February meal there. We will be returning again next week.

Plan B: Leaky Cauldron

In my last installment, we had just been turned away from an empty Lombard’s Landing because we didn’t have a reservation.

Whatever!!!

We were right across the street from Diagon Alley. I wanted to eat at Leaky Cauldron and this was secretly my first choice for a meal on our arrival day. I explained to my family that it was the same set up as The Three Broomsticks. You order at a counter, and after you have your food, a house elf will help you find an open table.

Miraculously, my family agreed with my suggestion!

I love it when a plan comes together!!!

We ordered our meals-

DSCF5259_zpsjchqu2kc.jpg

DSCF6263_zpsvs94wky0.jpg

We were seated near the restaurant’s namesake:

DSCF5263_zpsv3kwgnfg.jpg

DSCF5262_zps4iyy3qgk.jpg

DSCF5261_zpsujtjbpxj.jpg

DSCF5268_zpsk6g2nfj4.jpg

Ben and I shared the Ploughman’s Dinner- English Cheese, Crusty Bread, Field Green Salad, Roasted Tomatoes, Cornichon Pickles, Apple and Beet Salad, Branston Pickle and Scotch Eggs

DSCF5265_zpswqnfnb6o.jpg

Mark got the Bangers and Mash

DSCF5266_zps3no7ibxf.jpg

Nate ordered the Fish and Chips

DSCF5267_zpsguutbaho.jpg

We had 2 Frozen Butterbeers and 1 Hot Butterbeer, and two cups of water.

The total for the meal, after applying a 10% AAA discount, was $60.34. I thought this was totally reasonable for a delicious and filling meal. We shared everything and it was all great. My favorites were the Scotch egg and the bangers and mash. The hot butterbeer was a BIG hit with Nate and me, but Mark and Ben still prefer the frozen.

Continued in Next Post- First Look at “Diagon-al” Alley

Last edited:
Cowfish ("burgushi" for lunch)

We had no reservations about the place we were going for lunch.

In fact, they don't take reservations at this new restaurant at City Walk.

Cowfish is a burger-sushi fusion restaurant. Burgushi. Get it?

http://www.thecowfish.com/

Cowfish1 (2).jpg

This was easily the hippest restaurant we have ever been to. Really crisp, contemporary atmosphere. Clever decorations. Interesting menu.

Cowfish1.jpg

Cowfish2.jpg

Cowfish12.JPG
Waiting area (this DOES get busy at night, with lengthy waits for a table)

Cowfish16.JPG

Cowfish3.jpg

Cowfish8.JPG

Cowfish7.JPG

Even the bathrooms are ultra-cool!

Cowfish13.JPG

Cowfish5.jpg

But how was the food?- Next Up

Cowfish- Food Review

Our waiter recommended the Deconstructed Crab Rangoon for an appetizer- Creamy crab Rangoon with Parmesan panko crust, wonton crisps, sweet chili sauce and chives

Cowfish9.JPG

OMG- he was right! These were divine!

For entrees, we all ordered the Burgushi Bento Boxes, a combination of a burger slider, sushi of our choice, edamame, a Thai cucumber salad and sweet potato fries.

Cowfish10.JPG

Two of us selected the California Roll sushi and two of us got the Firecracker- shrimp tempura, kami inside coated with tempura flakes, topped with yellowtail, salmon, spicy mayo, masago, and scallions.

This was soooooooooooo good!!!!

Cowfish11.JPG

With the appetizer, we were pretty full at the end of meal, but it didn't stop the boys from ordering dessert:

Milk and Cookies for Ben and Cheesecake for Nate

Cowfish14.JPG

Cowfish15.JPG

Wow!!!

Four thumbs up! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Although our lunch check was $96 plus tip (with a $10 AAA discount), we WILL be back in August.

:goodvibes

@natebenma thanks so much for the pics & reviews! we'll be checking out Universal in 5 weeks & have been pondering where to have dinner after a full day in the parks. this thread has been full of great advice! i've been researching Cowfish & along with your review & the DisUnplugged crew a few years ago, I think we'll try this out! YUM!

Margaritaville, February 2015

DSCF5820.JPG
Virgin Miami Vice

DSCF5821.JPG
5 O’Clock Somewhere: Margaritaville Silver Rum, Paradise Passion Fruit Tequila, Bacardi 151 rum, orange and pineapple juices, sweet and sour and a splash of grenadine.

DSCF5831.JPG
Cheeseburger in Paradise

DSCF5833.JPG
Fish Tacos

DSCF5830.JPG
Grilled Grouper entrée.

Total was $70.48 pre-tip, after AAA discount

One good tip is if restaurants are full at the park, find a food cart somewhere in the park, we did that last time

Waiting area (this DOES get busy at night, with lengthy waits for a table)

Reminder if you're staying on-site. I went this past Friday night, right after US closed, so was told there was a 50 minute wait for a table for 3. I asked if I was an on-site guest, would the wait would be shorter. The host made a quick call upstairs, I showed a room key, and I was told the wait was now 20-30 minutes. It turned out to be exactly 24 minutes, half what it was for other people! Also, you get a text that the table is ready so you can wander around a bit, though we were too exhausted to as we had a 6AM flight that morning then spent the day at the parks as soon as we dropped off our bags. Another bonus: I paid with an AmEx and saved 15%. Sweet!

Reminder if you're staying on-site. I went this past Friday night, right after US closed, so was told there was a 50 minute wait for a table for 3. I asked if I was an on-site guest, would the wait would be shorter. The host made a quick call upstairs, I showed a room key, and I was told the wait was now 20-30 minutes. It turned out to be exactly 24 minutes, half what it was for other people! Also, you get a text that the table is ready so you can wander around a bit, though we were too exhausted to as we had a 6AM flight that morning then spent the day at the parks as soon as we dropped off our bags. Another bonus: I paid with an AmEx and saved 15%. Sweet!

Great Advice! Thank you!!

Never mind.... On second look I see that Wasabi is at Citywalk Hollywood! We will stick with the sushi place at RPR as hubby wasn't a big fan of Cowfish---I know, right?! :guilty:

Where is the best place to get crab legs? Especially the all you can eat kind. I realize the answer will probably be somewhere offsite. Thanks

Just got back last week, only at UNI for two days. We have a babysitter for June 2016, so just my wife and I are heading down to RPR for 8 days. We can get a little more adventurous on the food choices, so setting a goal of only eating at "new" places for us. Won't happen, but its a goal. My wife likes known quantities more than new things. I could eat something different everyday of my life and be happy.

So my question - what exactly is a Scotch Egg? I read the description on the Finnegan's menu, but can't get my head around it. Taste, texture, etc. Still basically an egg? or does the covering overpower it and only egg texture? Or does it also change the texture? Oh...so many questions on such a small item....

Just got back last week, only at UNI for two days. We have a babysitter for June 2016, so just my wife and I are heading down to RPR for 8 days. We can get a little more adventurous on the food choices, so setting a goal of only eating at "new" places for us. Won't happen, but its a goal. My wife likes known quantities more than new things. I could eat something different everyday of my life and be happy.

So my question - what exactly is a Scotch Egg? I read the description on the Finnegan's menu, but can't get my head around it. Taste, texture, etc. Still basically an egg? or does the covering overpower it and only egg texture? Or does it also change the texture? Oh...so many questions on such a small item....

It is a hard boiled egg wrapped in sausage meat and that is exactly what it tastes like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter