Where to eat at Universal Orlando including menus...UPDATED REGULARLY

I was wondering how hard it is to get into the Leaky Cauldon for a meal? I recall reading earlier that they didn't take reservations, so I was wondering how long a wait one would expect or what would be the best time of day to eat there.

Can anyone tell me if the credits left on a dining card expire?
We have a card with a snack credit and one with a beverage credit leftover from this past weekend. We're going back in early January and I'm wondering if I should bring these with us.

Any suggestions for quick service restaurants in the 2 parks for a family with meat eaters & vegan/vegetarians? It's difficult finding restaurants that suit such diverse food preferences in the same family! I was thinking of Springfield, USA in US since there is some variety. The Leaky Cauldron doesn't seem to have any vegan options. Does Comic Strip Cafe have any vegan options? The search continues. Thanks all!

Any suggestions for quick service restaurants in the 2 parks for a family with meat eaters & vegan/vegetarians? It's difficult finding restaurants that suit such diverse food preferences in the same family! I was thinking of Springfield, USA in US since there is some variety. The Leaky Cauldron doesn't seem to have any vegan options. Does Comic Strip Cafe have any vegan options? The search continues. Thanks all!

Is this for lunch? I really like Boulangerie for fresh sandwiches/soups/desserts. Cafe Moon is similar.

I really enjoyed the Ploughman's lunch at Leaky Cauldron. It does have scotch eggs, but I imagine you can leave them off or just remove the sausage coating.

Louie's has yummy pizzas and pastas that can be vegetarian.

Can anyone tell me if the credits left on a dining card expire?
We have a card with a snack credit and one with a beverage credit leftover from this past weekend. We're going back in early January and I'm wondering if I should bring these with us.

yes, they expire.
it is either 7 or 14 days from the date you first use them that they expire.

they won't be valid when you go back in january.

i bought them twice on my recent trip and redeemed my last snack credit the day i left.

I was wondering how hard it is to get into the Leaky Cauldon for a meal? I recall reading earlier that they didn't take reservations, so I was wondering how long a wait one would expect or what would be the best time of day to eat there.

Leaky Cauldron is huge. We had no issues getting in for lunch.

Is this for lunch? I really like Boulangerie for fresh sandwiches/soups/desserts. Cafe Moon is similar.

I really enjoyed the Ploughman's lunch at Leaky Cauldron. It does have scotch eggs, but I imagine you can leave them off or just remove the sausage coating.

Louie's has yummy pizzas and pastas that can be vegetarian.

Thanks so much! Do you have any recommendations in IOA?

I asked this in another thread but maybe it fits better here.

I went ahead and booked the cinematic experience dining desert package because it wasn't horribly expensive and the weekend I'm there (after thanksgiving) will likely be busy. I bought the tickets online and was prompted to call to book my actual table.

I have 2 concerns.

1. There were ticket shipping options so I just selected kiosk pickup. The guy on the phone said I wouldn't need tickets, but then why was that choice there?

2. He asked what time I wanted to eat. I asked him when the show started and he said immediately at sundown and recommended a 5pm reservation. Does the show really start at sundown? That seems odd, and in late November won't the sun be setting around the time I'm eating?

Now I'm nervous. Do I need a ticket and is my reservation time okay?

I was wondering if Cowfish is open for business yet? If not, is there a firm opening date? Thank you!

Edit: never mind, I just found an answer to my question higher up in the thread... so no firm date as of yet.

I just saw universals website, that you can BOOK RESERVATIONS but ONLY on phone, not via internet ! If i didnt have to go to work... I would be calling right now... SOMEONE CALL, please!! Let us know HOW EARLY they are 'accepting reservations". (early November)...??? :scratchin

I have it on good authority that Leaky Cauldron does breakfast too, but I didn't get there early enough to get info on the menu. Anyone seen it?

Hearing that the Cowfish *should* be open for all Sunday night, and preview-ish things tomorrow and Saturday night (may be media/employee only the next two days)

I'd assume they won't announce anything until 100% sure, but that's what the word is. They may have a grand opening later on.

Hearing that the Cowfish *should* be open for all Sunday night, and preview-ish things tomorrow and Saturday night (may be media/employee only the next two days)

I'd assume they won't announce anything until 100% sure, but that's what the word is. They may have a grand opening later on.

It opened today around 4PM, we went in at 6, the fish wall was having issues, but it seemed pretty cool. I had the Big Squeal burger and it was great, wife had the omh sushi roll and she liked it a lot. A friend of ours with us got the rangoon dip and had a texas longhorn burger and said it was pretty good. A few hiccups in the service, but otherwise it went really well. For those who like sushi but are surrounded by folks who don't, this place will be a hit.

For those who like sushi but are surrounded by folks who don't, this place will be a hit.

I was looking at the menu on Universal's Website https://www.universalorlando.com/Images/pdf_the_cowfish_menu_tcm13-49450.pdf

Another option would be a "safe" option for people who've never tried sushi. I've never had sushi before and I'm think about hitting Cowfish up for one of the Fusion bento boxes combining a burger and sweet potato fries I know I'll eat with a variety of sushi to "sample".

good riddance

worst food ever

Shame you didn't enjoy it there.......we ate there 4 times in September and it was gorgeous every time......all meals were fantastic......really fresh, fab portions and service was excellent.

We'll miss it a lot.......especially Booooooooooogity Shrimp..........:thumbsup2

Looking forward to eating in Cowfish though :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter