• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to buy wine

foolish-mortal

Your ghost host
We're leaving on the Wish next week. We're staying at the Hyatt MCO and I'm going to spend a day resort hopping at WDW but not going into any parks. Is there someplace either at the airport or in any of the WDW resorts where I can buy full bottles of wine to take on the ship? Hoping for screw top so I don't have to mess with needing an opener. Not looking for high end wine. I like riesling and pinot grigio the best. Thanks for any recommendations!

The deluxe resort gift shops, especially the DVC resorts, usually have wine. Sorry I can’t say whether screw top or all corked!

Are you driving? There is a 7/11 right at 535/536 right before you get on 417 when you leave WDW that has wine. Your cabin host can get you a cork screw.

How are you getting from the Hyatt to the port? We’ve always hired a private car service (spaceport transport but i don’t think theyre in business anymore) and theyll make a stop at Publix on the way - we’ve always done that and picked up wine and whatever else.

We went on the Wish (amazing ship btw) and my dad wanted to bring some also but they have restrictions. We ended up buying on board, they had a nice deal with a nice cooler bag and it wasn’t outrageous.

From the website:

Disney Cruise Line Guests 21 years and older may bring a maximum of 2 bottles of unopened wine or champagne (no larger than 750 ml) or 6 beers (no larger than 12 ounces) on board at the beginning of the voyage and at each port of call. These beverages must be packed in carry-on (not checked) bags or luggage.

Please note:
  • Alcohol packed in checked luggage will be removed and no compensation will be offered. Please be aware, Guests who have beverage containers in checked luggage have experienced damage to their belongings.
  • All alcohol brought on board must be in an original unopened container. Partially used bottles and those in which the seal is broken are prohibited.
  • Any wine or champagne in excess of 2 bottles or beer in excess of 6 beers is prohibited and must be discarded prior to entry and no compensation offered.
  • Liquors or spirits or excess wine and beer purchased in ports of call will be stored until the end of the cruise.

I buy the Jet Bags and check the wine in my luggage on my way to Orlando. I don't want to spend money on an Uber or Instacart. It saves me money as I have a bottle for the hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter