• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to buy myself a new watch at WDW??

DrRae2B

Mouseketeer
Well.... the watch I've had for 5+ years finally bit the dust last week :sad2:. We're going for our first trip to WDW in 12 days and I'm using this as my excuse to buy myself a really great souvenir (lol).

So where in the World would I find a *nice* new Disney-theme watch (bracelet/ dress style, no leather band)??

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

I bought one with bracelet style silver band and a blue face with a small Mickey at the bottom two years ago at the jewelry store on Main St at MK. The jewelry part of the World of Disney at DTD also had nice watches. Happy shopping.

I bought a really nice on in Mouse gear at EPCOT. It is a bracelet type with gold and silver tones--I love it:)

I have been hunting for a Disney watch for a couple of years. There is a watch shop on Main Street, they also sell watches at DHS, and at DTD. Also, some of the nicer resorts have some watches. Almost every store I have been to had at least one different watch from the other stores. Alas, I must have a watch with a second hand, and they don't have many like that (without the leather band). Good luck in your search!

Also some shops here and there randomly have little displays of watches...I think the emporium does as you go from the kids section into the adult one.

I bought mine at the World of Disney Store at DTD. It is gold with Mickey heads as the band. They adjusted the band for me there. I paid for it with the Chase Disney Visa and received 10% off. They had a good selection of dress and casual watches.

Mouse Gear in Epcot had a decent selection. I was disappointed my last trip at the watch selection, they just didn't seem to have as many. Not just one store but at all the stores.

I agree, I have been disappointed by the watch selection as well. I keep looking though! The nice subtle ones that I can wear professionally are becoming few and far between. :(

I bought a really nice on in Mouse gear at EPCOT. It is a bracelet type with gold and silver tones--I love it:)

you read my mind. mouse gear has a great selection and is one of the best gift shops in all of WDW imho:thumbsup2

You may be able to find the same watch at Mouse Gear, DHS, or WoD, but in my opinion THE place to buy a watch is Uptown Jewelers on Main Street.

Thanks, guys! I'm making a note of these in my iPod so I won't forget....

BTW-- I am soooo excited, I honestly have no clue how I will survive the next 2 weeks.... the suspense might just do me in. :thumbsup2

I don't know if this is still happening, but when we were there in March, some of our dining receipts had a 20% coupon for Mouse Gear...as long as we shopped between 9:00 am and 1:00 pm. Not a problem if I can save 20%! :cool1:

I found a great watch there - and saved 20%!

My mom got her and I matching ones at the POFQ gift shop when we did a mother-daughter trip in April 2007, and I saw them lots of other places too...they are all over and tons of designs to pick from. The hardest part is DECIDING which one! :)

I think the biggest selection is at the jeweler on Main Street, and in the Art of Disney store next door they also do the personalized-artwork ones. I was determined to buy myself a watch on the last trip.

In the end, there were 2 I loved and couldn't decide between, so I ended up waiting until I got home and buying a discontinued model online.

Mouse Gear in Epcot had a decent selection. I was disappointed my last trip at the watch selection, they just didn't seem to have as many. Not just one store but at all the stores.

I agree! I have purchased several watches at WDW over the last 14 years but have noticed that the selection has decreased the past two years. Other jewelry selections, for instance, on Main Street is less than before also. Maybe, guests are not buying as much as before due to the economy? :confused3

I bought my most recent Mickey bracelet watch from Avon. The bracelet part is Mickey heads which you wouldn't recognize unless you really looked and Mickey is also on the face of the watch. I have also bought watches from Mouse Gear in Epcot.

I was disappointed my last trip at the watch selection, they just didn't seem to have as many. Not just one store but at all the stores.

Agreed. March of last year I saw a watch I should have bought on Main Street (and 25% off to boot), but it wasn't there this past March....and there wasn't anything close to it. Plus the service sucked. I waited 15+ minutes for assistance before I left w/o buying anything. :(

-Kevin

I bought a nice mickey one at the World of Disney Store at DTD, it's my everyday watch. The next one was a Tinkerbell watch I got at the jewlery store on Main Street (MK). You can also sometimes get a watch as a purchase with purchase- The rest of my Disney watches I have bought on ebay!

Bev

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter