Where Should We Eat?

ct7878

Mouseketeer
I know this is talked about a lot on this board, but looking for dining recommendations. We be visit for 4 days and it will myself, DH, DS17 and a DS15 months. We enjoy sit down restaurants because it gives us a break with the baby, but also feel like we have a number of QSR meals just due to cost. I find our day goes much better if I have a plan, so just trying to put some tentative plans in place. Also, Goofy’s Kitchen- is it a worth it? Would you recommend breakfast or lunch?

Plaza Inn has a beautiful indoor dining area, and lots of shady places outside, too. They have a good menu. Carnation cafe would be good for breakfast or lunch. Hungry Bear is great because you can find some nice quiet tables on the upper deck-That's also where we have seen cats a few times:)

Goofy's was really fun when we went. We had dinner, but I assume it's similar to lunch. The food was great, so many choices. I'd say it was worth it for us. It depends on how much you like characters, and I've heard they aren't as interactive now as they were before.

Two places we always go are Plaza Inn (fried chicken) and Blue Bayou. Also, I always have to get a chimichanga from one of the stands.

Where do you get the chimichangas? Those sound yummy.

I always get them from a cart on a street corner. I seem to recall it being in DCA. From a quick Google search, it appears that there are carts in both parks that sell them, and they are also sold at Edelweiss Snacks. They are really good, filling, and cheap!

Carnation cafe is one we usually go to, we went for breakfast one day and lunch another this last November. It's pretty basic food, which I like. We also went to Goofy's Kitchen for a late breakfast, it was the first time we ever did a character breakfast and it was fun and the food was good depending on what you get. The pot roast was delish, but the bacon was chewy and undercooked. We liked Pacific Wharf for soup in bread bowl in DCA. We had the cookie num num over by incredicoaster, very good! Also had the dole whip a couple times at Tropical Hideaway in DL- delish!

Our #1 go to is Black Tap in DTD. We ate there twice on our last 4 day trip! Their chicken strips and chicken wings are so good. Also their fried pickles are yum! And the shakes are amazing, but you have to share! lol

Plaza Inn and Smoke Jumpers are two favs for us for casual. We love Cafe Orleans. Blue Bayou is also nice for the ambiance, but the food quality has gone way down hill.

My fave counter service are boardwalk pizza & pasta
The chili cone at the coZy cone
French Market

and I usually go to jolly holiday

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter