Where Should We Eat?? (or, It's Almost Time to Make my PS's!)

Julia M

DIS Veteran<br><font color =red>not clever, not wi
We're be in Orlando in August, and I can make my PS's next month. I need some help! We will be in Orlando two weeks, but due to family committments, are not spending all that time at Disney

What I am thinking is.......

Friday: HDDR with my family (my kids can't wait, we were here in '01 and they loved it). This is definitely planned.

Sunday: check into Vistana, go to Animal Kingdom Lodge, walk around and eat at Boma. We could do something else, but I've never seen AK.

Monday: MGM Studios. Thinking of Sci Fi Diner (kids are 12, 9 and 7). Grabbing something to take and eat in and wait for Fantasmic

Tuesday: EPCOT. Counter service for lunch and maybe Le Cellier for dinner, although it's expensive.

Wednesday: pool day at Vistana. Dinner off site, any suggestions? Thinking about trying for an Illuminations Cruise (if we don't do it earlier with my extended family)

Thursday: AK. Planning to buy lunch vouchers. Then a PS for Ohana, to see MK fireworks.

Friday: MK. No idea where to eat here. DD and I will maybe try to get breakfast with the Princesses. We're not interested in Tony's. Any suggestions?

Saturday: We leave Orlando at 3:55, so have the morning to get in one last swim, while mom packs (that's me) Other option is to try and be packed and ready to go, and head out to Fort Wilderness and do a few things there and eat at Trails End Buffet. Or, go to DD, and wander around and eat there.

Our last trip we at at LTT, Cindy's, HDDR, A Fantasmic dinner package at Mama Melroses, RFC, Crystal Palace. My parents (and us) want to do HDDr again, so we are. We have RFC in SF and DL, so don't want to do it at WDW. We don't want to repeat the others (not that they weren't good, but we aren't WDW "regulars", so want to try new things) Characters are not a big deal to us.

Originally posted by Julia M

Friday: MK. No idea where to eat here. DD and I will maybe try to get breakfast with the Princesses. We're not interested in Tony's. Any suggestions?

Remember that when your at MK, its just a hop ,skip and a (monorail or boat ride) over to the MK resorts.

With your kids ages I would suggest a nice boat ride or monorail over to:
1)'Ohanas @ The Polynesian Resort (our personal fav!!)
2)Whispering Canyon @Wilderness Lodge(boat only)
OR
3)Monorail over the the Contemporary for Chef Mickey's.

If your planning on staying all day at MK, sometimes a early supper break is perfect.That way you can still get back to the park to see Spectromagic or the fireworks.

Hope that helps you!
~Chris

Whispering Canyon......there's an idea! I hadn't thought of that!

Maybe Ohana's the night we're at MK, and Whispering Canyon after Animal Kingdom??

Julia

I think that's an excellent plan - Add Whispering Canyon on Thursday after AK, moving 'Ohana to your Friday MK day! ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter