Where should I start? One month rental.

This topic intrigues me:) I know the price range must be vast, but what would a general price range be for a 3 or 4 bedroom place for a month?

Overall, I agree with @Woodview. I have seen 3 bedroom villas for as low as ~$100/night off peak. Quite a bargain for the space compared to hotels.

Prior to my retirement we were renting our villa for ~$130/ night off peak for a 4/3 with two masters, right in the range @Woodview mentions.

Beyond the sites already mentioned, are there any other websites people would recommend for rentals of around 1 to 2 months?

Another vote for Windsor Hills. We love it there. More reasonably priced than Reunion, plus one of the closest to Disney.

A big draw for us is the pool homes, and a REALLY great community water park / pool area. Walmart Superstore and Publix right around the corner.

The question on tickets: If you're planning more days at Disney, it's likely cheapest for you all to get annual passes. I believe you get free parking with your annual pass, plus save on dining and merch. Price it out and see.

This topic intrigues me:) I know the price range must be vast, but what would a general price range be for a 3 or 4 bedroom place for a month?
My parents are snowbirds and rent 2 bed/2 bath condos every winter through VRBO. They spend a month on the east in Melbourne and a month on the west in Brandon, near Tampa. Generally speaking, they pay about $2500 per month which includes the VRBO fees. I'm sure there's cheaper options out there, but they are very particular about the areas they rent in and always want things in walking or very close driving distance.

OP, DH and I look at buying a vacation condo in Orlando periodically. I frequently see investment properties available in Davenport, Champion's Gate, and Kissimmee. I don't know much about the areas other than that they are close to WDW, but I imagine there's lots of options here since they seemed to be zoned for short term rentals. The Dis Unplugged podcast does a "Moving to Orlando" series where they discuss different Orlando neighborhoods. Its more for moving/buying real estate, but the episodes may give you some insight into where you'd like to be for the month.

Last edited:
Beyond the sites already mentioned, are there any other websites people would recommend for rentals of around 1 to 2 months?

Are you going to be able to find one for that long? I would think that anything longer than 30 days would create some type of tenancy, which one would expect those renting out would want to avoid?

Are you going to be able to find one for that long? I would think that anything longer than 30 days would create some type of tenancy, which one would expect those renting out would want to avoid?
Not an issue. Already rented a place on vrbo for two months, but trying to find something for a future stay, and looking for more options.

Going through a web site like VRBO or AirBnB avoids this. Areas are zoned for short term rentals where this would be permitted, and the conditions accepted by both parties through the web site are contractual in lieu of a formal lease agreement. My parents have been snowbird renters through VRBO for years and as long as they abide by the conditions in the rental agreement that the owner sets forth, its no different.

We rent from a Wyndham owner and stay at bonnet creek. Since they are vip’s we rent a 1 bedroom and usually get upgraded to 2 bedroom. It’s nice, not having to worry about paper products, cleaning, etc. we found it to be comparable, actually less than renting a 2 bedroom condo. And we go for the month of February

Also, for all those who stay at Windsor Hills (especially in a house) -- what websites do you use to get the best price there?

I would also recommend Oakwater Resort - found through VRBO (home away) and Airbnb. Just put Oakwater Kissimmee in your search for location. It is a little closer to WDW than Windsor Hills - and has a Walmart next door - walking distance. Nice community pool, hot tub, exercise room, game room, tennis/pickleball court. Only 2 and 3BR units. I own a unit there and have heard that many of the Canadians that usually come down are not making plans for this year (yet)) Feel free to contact owners and ask about their monthly rates. Also, I have found that because there are many more 3BR units the area than 2BR units, sometimes the 3BR units are less expensive.
Good luck!

OT .. we are considering a long stay in Florida most likely 60 days... when maintaining your real home are you changing plans with the utilities and such? I was thinking about stopping trash service and going off average electric billing to save some money

OT .. we are considering a long stay in Florida most likely 60 days... when maintaining your real home are you changing plans with the utilities and such? I was thinking about stopping trash service and going off average electric billing to save some money
Great question. Last time we did 30 days we just didn’t run the AC and had lights turned off. Had someone check on our house from time to time. Held the mail. Other than that didn’t even think about garbage service. Kept cable/WiFi Bc we wanted to keep our security cameras running. Something to think about, thanks!

That sounds like a great idea to turn the current situation into a positive. Have you looked into the homes that John Magi and Kevin Klose rent out?

We are looking to possibly rent in Orlando for one month between Thanksgiving and Xmas. Def a work from home/remote school situation with the bonus of warm weather and new activities/food to explore on weekends and evening during that month. WDW and Universal would be part of the plan as well. Want to be immersed in the area as it’s a possible retirement destination for us.

Where should I start for research? Would want a family friendly neighborhood that has a nice proximity to the highlights of the action in the orlando tourism area.
Thanks!
For fun, you can do a google search on "Luxury Vacation Rentals near Disney World". There are some pretty tricked-out places out there!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter