• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where is the hottest place you have been?

About 112 in Palm Springs. Loved it - if you want true isolation, go to Palm Springs in the summer. They close most of the downtown. The shops that are open go out of their way to accommodate you. We got a fresh bottle of ice cold water everywhere we went. You spend the whole time inside or poolside anyway.

The most uncomfortable heat I ever been in was Cedar Point in the summer. 98 degrees, 99% humidity. It turned into a game with us as we tried not to be the first one doubled over gasping for air. LOVED Cedar Point though - well worth it. Florida has nothing on the afternoon thunderstorms over Lake Erie. The sky would go from flat grey to towering wall clouds in minutes, then BOOM!

My patio, last summer... 125º. 0% humidity, so it was fine.

Still would take that over 80º+ and disgusting humidity that the rest of the country gets, though.

Well, I live in Vegas so…🤷🏻‍♀️

All these Death Valley in the middle of summer mentions. You people are crazy, lol.
I was on a road trip with my parents and I convinced them that it was the fastest way to get back to the Bay Area from Vegas. I don't think we spent more than 90 minutes in the park (most on the road), and maybe 10 minutes outside of a building or vehicle with A/C.

The hottest dry bulb temperature was the high 120s in Death Valley. However, the hottest wet bulb temperature I've ever faced was mid 80s in Chicago of all places.

Disney September 2018
The hottest summer I ever spent was the October I spent at WDW. HAHA.
Vegas, but the coldest place I ever been was a summer in SF
Mark Twain is that you? Imagine what he'd say if he had to endure a Giants night game at Candlestick. The Dodgers Ken Landreaux said of playing in Candlestick. "I played in Minnesota for 5 seasons (pre metrodome.) I was never that cold." Pitchers were blown into balks there. They used to hand out pins if you stayed all 9 innings of a night game. They didn't sell them.

Last edited:
I don't know. I hate extreme heat and I think my mind creates mental blocks against my memories of being hot or I wouldn't be able to continue to live in Florida year after year.

Disneyland on the hottest day of the year. I think it got up to 113. But being from Florida we were all "but there's no humidity!" Okay, it didn't really help. LOL

Japan. The year I went is was consistently above 100 degrees with high humidity levels for most of the 6 weeks I was there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter