where is the best place you have ever been to that wasn't a vacation?

London while working with several Formula 1 teams.
I'm so jealous! My company sponsors a Formula One car. I don't work in an area that would ever be chosen to assist with that. The closest I ever got was having the chance to win a hat autographed by our lead driver. Unfortunately, I didn't win.

I'm so jealous! My company sponsors a Formula One car. I don't work in an area that would ever be chosen to assist with that. The closest I ever got was having the chance to win a hat autographed by our lead driver. Unfortunately, I didn't win.
I worked with Mercedes AMG Petronas and Williams F1 with our batteries. The facilities are incredible as well as the team budgets. It was an experience I will never forget.

Israel working on an archaeological excavation. Dig season was summer… it was brutal.
My daughter worked on an excavation in Rising Star a few summers ago--summer in North America, anyway. The tents did not have heat, and it gets pretty chilly in that part of South Africa that time of year. She even appeared as an extra in the Netflix documentary on the trip, but her interview got cut.

https://www.netflix.com/title/81473682

working with several Formula 1 teams
That must have been great. I was part of the group that worked with Axalta when they ran a U-M paint scheme at MIS a few years ago. We got a lot of behind-the-scenes access, including watching part of the race from the pit box. That was a LOT of fun.

https://michigantoday.umich.edu/galleries/race-to-the-finish/

My company sponsors the Astin Martin car. I have a shirt that the company offered a while ago. I get comments on it all the time from folks who follow Formula 1. There are many more than I ever thought.

The documentary on Netflix is also very good.

EACarlson, how interesting to have been a CM for a week. I am sorry you never got inside the parks though. I would enjoy being able to do something like that for a few days. To be able to experience and God willing help spread most of all extra Disney joy and fun would mean a lot. I hope you enjoyed your week::MickeyMo

Time spent at a local beach in a small town always brought me extra peace and growth in my faith too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter