• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where is the best place to watch Wishes outside the Magic Kingdom?

1. Are there buses at the TTC to take you back to resorts, or

2. do you have to go to MK? Sure don't want to face that traffic!

1. Nope.

2. Yes. Or monorail to Epcot and take the resort bus from there.
(Not really an "improvement," just another option.)

Thanks, Robo. It'll be our first night, and after a late dinner at CM, we thought it would be nice to watch Wishes. The TTC looks like a great viewing spot. We watched them from Poly beach last time--and that was truly magical. No way am I going near all that construction. Thanks for the advice.:thumbsup2

Speaking of places to watch Wishes...does anyone know when the construction along Main Street and the hub is expected to be done? Just got back from WDW last night and it seriously limits space for Wishes, etc. especially for getting some great photos. Thanks! DH surprised me with an anniversary trip back the second week in Dec! :yay:

Right NOW, the Poly Beach is less-than-ideal.
(3rd & 4th of July, it may be the place NOT to be.)
This is because about half of the area is blocked due to construction of the Polynesian DVC units.

I'd head over to the TTC for MK fireworks viewing until the DVC construction is finished.

You can see the fireworks well from TTC (they pipe-in the audio from
the show) but you are not allowed to stand in the
Ferry loading area.

TTC-Fwx_022013_zpsf1a4f7f1.jpg

Thanks Robo! Sounds like TTC for me also. I leave in 2 weeks.....so excited! :cheer2:

Thanks for the Boat link also, I will check that out!

Is TTC a good place to view with small children (5, 3 and 10 mos)? I made a ressie at Kona for dinner and was planning on watching Wishes from Poly Beach but with the construction, I'm scrambling to make a new plan.

found out you can even see it from the parking lot at HS

1. Is TTC a good place to view with small children (5, 3 and 10 mos)?

I made a ressie at Kona for dinner and was planning on watching Wishes from Poly Beach but with the construction,

2. I'm scrambling to make a new plan.

1. It's just fine.

2. You can walk the path (#7 on my map below) to "Luau Cove," site of the Aloha Dinner Show, and stand on the beach there. Nice view. Not much audio, however.

Aug. 11, 2016 EDIT:
Since this old thread has been dredged up (with plenty of outdated info)
I thought that I'd at least replace the map with a newer version, now seen below.

Poly%20Beach_121915_zpsqbismlst.jpg

Last edited:
our favorite is making a dinner reservation at Narcoosee's. Great food and everyone goes out on the deck to watch Wishes. They dim the lights in the restaurant too.

The top deck of the ferry is a nice, quiet place to watch them from if you time it right. No crowds, perfect view, and guaranteed to be memorable.

Just bumping to see if anyone has new places......;)

So far from what I can find, Poly Beach & Narcoossee seems the place to be.

Anyone know if you can rent a boat for 7 Seas Lagoon for Wishes Firework viewing?

We just did a Wishes deluxe cruise last week - best money we've ever spent!

How much does the new construction affect views?

They have now put up construction fencing around the pool and it is a very narrow walkway in. There is now much less viewing area on the main beach. The construction really affects the eastern end with the bungalows blocking view on that side. They are still talking about limiting access of non-guests and may make that permanent.

We'll be arriving Monday and going to Epcot during the day. We are planning to go somewhere to watch Wishes outside of the park that night. Just wondering if anything's changed since this thread started? We're staying at ASMu and thinking of taking the bus to MK then hopping on the monorail to the TTC and viewing from there. Is this a good plan? Any better recommendations? TIA!

We're staying at ASMu and thinking of taking the bus to MK then hopping on the monorail to the TTC and viewing from there. Is this a good plan? Any better recommendations? TIA!

Personally I would ride the monorail on around to Poly and watch from the beach there. IMO it's a nicer place to view from.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter