• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where is the best place to watch Wishes outside the Magic Kingdom?

Belles

Earning My Ears
Can anyone tell me where you can watch MK fireworks outside the MK? We will be leaving Osbourne lights but will never have enough time to get into the MK

Can anyone tell me where you can watch MK fireworks outside the MK? We will be leaving Osbourne lights but will never have enough time to get into the MK

The Beach at the Polynesian Resort offers a great view
of Wishes and other MK Fireworks shows.
They do "pipe in" the audio of the shows.
There are several ground-level speakers along the
sidewalk.

They also pipe the audio to the speakers at the Poly
pool.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT on July 2, 2014:

Right NOW, the Poly Beach is less-than-ideal.
(3rd & 4th of July, it may be the place NOT to be.)
This is because about half of the area is blocked due to construction of the Polynesian DVC units.

I'd head over to the TTC for MK fireworks viewing until the DVC construction is finished.

You can see the fireworks well from TTC (they pipe-in the audio from
the show) but you are not allowed to stand in the
Ferry loading area.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Poly-TTC-Basic_101209.jpg

Here's a photo I took from the Poly Beach-
MK Fireworks (MVMCP Christmas Finale)

Poly-Beach-Firewx-Cln.jpg

-----------------------------

More Viewing Spots-

You can see them from TTC (they pipe-in the audio from
Ferry loading area.

You can see them from the boat-dock and an outside
observation deck near Narcoossee's restaurant at the
Grand Floridian. Also from the Patio overlooking the Marina.

GF-FW-Narcoo-BE_072708.jpg

At the Contemporary, there is viewing on an outdoor
observation area on the 4th floor.
The California Grill observation areas are reserved for patrons that day of the Grill or Bar.

MK-CR-BE-Deck-S_090308.gif

MK-CR-Sat-Fwx-Deck-N_090308.gif

(Fireworks shown above are simulated.)

At Wilderness Lodge, the "secret place" to watch the MK fireworks is from the northern area of the Cast Member (CM) Parking Lot.

WL-N_CM-Lot_091809.gif

At Fort Wilderness Campgrounds, much of the view is (especially of the "Fantasyland" pyro) is blocked by the now unused Discovery Island in Bay Lake and by the high-rise buildings of the Contemporary Resort.

Here are the angles of the views in the Bay Lake area.

MK-Bay-Fwx_Views_093009.jpg

Here are the angles of the views in the Seven Seas Lagoon area.

MK-7Seas_Resorts_Fwx.jpg

----------------------------------

As for viewing from INSIDE the dining area of restaurants
(you usually need ADRs for most, and they are usually busy during the shows)...
you can see (and hear) them at California Grill at Contemporary,
'Ohana at Poly,
and Narcoossee's at the Grand Floridian.
----------------------------------

We saw them from the Poly beach last month and the view was awesome! We were near some speakers and had no problems hearing anything.

Do not go to the Poly Beach to watch the fireworks! It's a horrible spot!
(No, I'm totally kidding. Just wanted to keep it from getting crowded when I'm there! It's seriously more fun for us to watch the fireworks from the beach than to watch from inside the park!)

If you want to see the castle close - Cali Grill's balcony or balconies at CR. Otherwise the view from GF is nice too.

(No, I'm totally kidding. Just wanted to keep it from getting crowded when I'm there! It's seriously more fun for us to watch the fireworks from the beach than to watch from inside the park!)

:rotfl2::lmao: Love it! That's how I feel! When we were there in June there was only like 5 families out and we had the best time. My girls shared their glow bracelets we brought from home and it was just such a great memory. Poly Beach all the way!!! :thumbsup2

Really great info and photos. Is the Poly Beach accessible for guests at other resorts?

All of the outdoor sites that I mentioned (except for the top level of the Contemporary-which is only available to actual bar and restaurant customers that day) are open to any visitor who wants to stop by.

Have watched from Poly Beach, inside the MK, and from Narcoossee's at the GF. By far our favorite spot is Narcoossee's. You are closer than the Poly Beach, the music is much louder (you can't hear anything at the Poly), and you don't have to deal with the crowds leaving the MK. Our usual plan is to watch Spectro or MSEP from Main St. near the exit and then leave as soon as the parade ends. Since the parade starts there, you get out of the park very quickly. We hop on the monorail or water taxi to the GF and walk over to the boat dock for the fireworks. There's never a very big crowd.

That being said, don't go to the GF to watch Wishes. Especially from March 2-6 or August 5-21. I hear those times of year it's terrible. Unless you bring hot chocolate to share (in March) or some kind of frozen drink (in August). Then it's OK.

Really best thing is the Pirates & Pals Voyage. This starts with desserts in the Contemporary with Capt Hook and Mr Smee. You go onto a boat and see the Electic Water Pagent real upclose and personal near Wilderness Lodge. Then you go over the bridge to the Seven Seas Lagoon and anchor on the extended centerline of Main Street, and the music is piped on board the boat. After the fireworks you go back to the Contemporary Dock where you are met by Peter Pan. And there is a Pirate on the Boat to lead in songs and games.

Really best thing is the Pirates & Pals Voyage. This starts with desserts in the Contemporary with Capt Hook and Mr Smee. You go onto a boat and see the Electic Water Pagent real upclose and personal near Wilderness Lodge. Then you go over the bridge to the Seven Seas Lagoon and anchor on the extended centerline of Main Street, and the music is piped on board the boat. After the fireworks you go back to the Contemporary Dock where you are met by Peter Pan. And there is a Pirate on the Boat to lead in songs and games.

We have reservations for this in March for the pirate fan in our group -- the little guy has both a Peter Pan and a Captain Hook costume. He is going to love it and I know we will all enjoy it as well.

Liz

Just bumping to see if anyone has new places......;)

So far from what I can find, Poly Beach & Narcoossee seems the place to be.

Anyone know if you can rent a boat for 7 Seas Lagoon for Wishes Firework viewing?

Anyone know if you can rent a boat for 7 Seas Lagoon for Wishes Firework viewing?

Guests are not allowed to rent boats after dusk.

But, boats piloted by Disney CM skippers are available for scheduled fireworks cruises.

Check HERE.

Just bumping to see if anyone has new places......;)

So far from what I can find, Poly Beach & Narcoossee seems the place to be.

Right NOW, the Poly Beach is less-than-ideal.
(3rd & 4th of July, it may be the place NOT to be.)
This is because about half of the area is blocked due to construction of the Polynesian DVC units.

I'd head over to the TTC for MK fireworks viewing until the DVC construction is finished.

You can see the fireworks well from TTC (they pipe-in the audio from
Ferry loading area.

TTC-Fwx_022013_zpsf1a4f7f1.jpg

Are there buses at the TTC to take you back to resorts, or do you have to go to MK? Sure don't want to face that traffic!

There aren't normally buses at the TTC except for offsite hotels. I don't know if it would be different for the fourth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter