Where is Robo?

Robo has not been on DISboards for almost 2 years — since mid-Jan.2022. I don’t believe that poster has any actual knowledge of his whereabouts, but she stated she fears he passed away. A logical assumption, though I truly hope he just found another pastime and simply hasn’t been back to DISboards.

Surely someone on here must know his real name so we can see if there's an obituary.
How terribly sad to lose two really engaged DISers over the past year.

Surely someone on here must know his real name so we can see if there's an obituary.
How terribly sad to lose two really engaged DISers over the past year.
Really engaged and really knowledgeable.

I had asked about Robo in the thread where I found out he was no longer posting. CarolynFH, a long-time poster, shared that he passed away sometime last year. I'm so sad to hear this. He was the best at sharing his knowledge. Wanted to let people on this thread know what I found out.
Sad, but good to know. May he RIP. He will certainly be remembered here on the Dis. 😔

We lost Robo and CheshireFigment (a few years ago now, for Robo, it seems, and quite a few for CF), both invaluable sources of Disney info here on the DIS, as well as PopDaddy/low-key in Jan of 2022. Lots of other less-familiar names, but still members of our community. I'll always wonder about KingSchultz/Willy J, too.

We lost Robo and CheshireFigment (a few years ago now, for Robo, it seems, and quite a few for CF), both invaluable sources of Disney info here on the DIS, as well as PopDaddy/low-key in Jan of 2022. Lots of other less-familiar names, but still members of our community. I'll always wonder about KingSchultz/Willy J, too.
I’ve wondered about Ray Sharpton. He had had that accident crossing the street and was hit. Heard from him a bit and then nothing.

Robo has not been on DISboards for almost 2 years — since mid-Jan.2022. I don’t believe that poster has any actual knowledge of his whereabouts, but she stated she fears he passed away. A logical assumption, though I truly hope he just found another pastime and simply hasn’t been back to DISboards.
There was also a gentleman I think his name was Ray Sharpton who used to post really helpful info for ECV users and I haven’t seen any posts from him for a long time.

Hi Dan-
I didn't think Jason had been gone that long so I clicked on the link on your signature area to confirm! Go have that second cup of coffee!!

I am leaving AllStar Music in about 5 minutes, heading home to Bangor. What a freaking successful trip this was! DD30, Sarah, flew down with me on Saturday. We hit Epcot and the Studios all day on Sunday and then Disney Springs before she had to fly home at 7pm Monday (not enough paid time off to stay longer). Yesterday was a 4-park day for me, started at AK, hit the Studios, AK, and Epcot. My knee held up SO WELL. No scooter, took my cane but didn't really need it. You have no idea of how happy this makes me! Well... maybe you do!

Mesaboy2 and Josh/easyWDW are a couple of other recent losses.

Go have that second cup of coffee!!
No kidding, leebee. :faint:
Yesterday was a 4-park day for me, started at AK, hit the Studios, AK, and Epcot.
:scared1: Holy moly!!! Amazing. :faint:
My knee held up SO WELL. No scooter, took my cane but didn't really need it. You have no idea of how happy this makes me!
That's amazing, leebee! Your new knee must be coming along fabulously.
You have no idea of how happy this makes me! Well... maybe you do!
Ahhh, yes, I do, for sure. Keep up the great work..

I’ve wondered about Ray Sharpton. He had had that accident crossing the street and was hit. Heard from him a bit and then nothing.

There was also a gentleman I think his name was Ray Sharpton who used to post really helpful info for ECV users and I haven’t seen any posts from him for a long time.
I sent Ray a text back in mid 2021 and again just now. Both did not go through.

I’ve wondered about Ray Sharpton.

@RaySharpton has not posted for a few years now, however I do believe he's still reading occasionally. He has not responded to PMs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter