Where is everyones favorite place to eat before MNSSHP?

jacksmom

DIS Veteran
I know this is early! But, I would love to know which restaurant is the best place to eat before MNSSHP? We ate at LTT last year and enjoyed it, but would like to try something new this year! Any suggestions????:bounce: pirate: :bounce:

I like The Captains Galley on 150.

We usually stay in FW and eat at Trails End Buffet around 4pm So we get to the park by 5:30 or 6pm. Last year they lets us in Early and headed us towards Tommarrow land while the CM's decorated the MK

Jeff

We've eaten at both LLT and Crystal Palace. I LOVE the CP buffet.

dgaston, thanks for your reply! Were the characters at CP dressed up for the HP? Was the restaurant decorated at all??:bounce:

We are going to MNSSHP for the first time and I wanted to do LLT. What time does the party actually start? If you are in the park that day they don't make you leave do they? What time is good to make the LTT PS?? That's my biggest question. Our family is me, DH, DS10, DS8, DD5 and DS2 so we don't get around too quick. But we go to WDW twice a year so we are familiar with a lot. Just want to do some things we have never done before.

debm, I had a PS for LTT last year before MNSSHP at 5:30. That worked out real well! They were just finishing up getting the park ready when we finished.

We had a FABULOUS time at CP before MNSSHP...The characters were NOT wearing their costumes yet (of course, they wear costumes later for the parade). The characters were all playing with my kids' costumes. I have great photos of Tigger and Piglet "stealing" DS's Captain Hook hat and hook, DD's Belle crown. The food was decent (hey, it's a buffet...and I'm a food snob), but the character interaction was GREAT! I highly recommend it.

We had the earliest possible PS (I think it was 5PM). We figured the food and characters would be fresh and we'd get an early start on the party.

Thanks for the replies. So what time does the party start? Does the park close at a certain time and this is when you are eating? I imagine that is how it works. How cool! When is too early to be done with dinner?

Although we have never been to MNSSHP, my DFO6 went to WDW in June2K. We flew in to MCO from MEM. We stayed at OKW and rode the B to the TTC, switched to the M, and went to MK! At MK, we ate at the TLS, the ERC, and saw the SFT, but we couldn't get a PS from a CM for the CP. So we had D at the P, they have great ICS! After that my DW finally got to ride SM, BTM, SM, and GBS, but then she got MS and unfortunately our trip was abbreviated!:p

We hoping to do MNSSHP on our Oct trip, but won't know definately until mid August who is going. I'm sure by then all the PSs for decent times at LTT will be taken. Any other suggestions for eating either in the park, or somewhere between TL and MK. We're hoping to do TL before MNSSHP.

We will have a car, so we can eat off-site!

We enjoy eating at either LTT or CP before the party. I've also eaten at Chef Mickey's before it too but prefer actually being in the park...although Chef Mickey's comes a close second!

We usually make our PS for 5:30ish...to be done right before the party starts.

The party is from 7p to Midnight. They have been letting people in the park with just their party ticket after 4:00p.

They will give you a wristband when you give them your party ticket so they will NOT make you leave the park at closing time of 6:00p. You can continue eating your dinner OR if you are not eating in a restaurant, they'll herd all party goers to either Fantsyland or Tomorrowland to wait for the official start of the party.

The Castle and Tony's also were taking PS up till closing time of 6:00p.

We ate at LTT the past two years for MNSSHP and we loved it there. Its one of our favorites anyway so we may as well do it for MNSSHP. We will be doing it this year again on Halloween Day! Just wanted to re-iterate what was said before...they have been letting people in with MNSSHP tickets as early as 4 p.m. which is great if you want to do rides for a while before your dinner reservations. We purchased regular park hopper passes last year and were hoping not to have to use them to get into MK early and it worked out great. We hung by the pool that day, then dressed for MNSSHP and went over to MK at 4pm. We rode the rides for a while, had dinner, and finisehd dinner in plenty of time to get the most our of MNSSHP. Can't wait until this October!! Have fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter