Where in the world did this ticker come from? UPDATE NEW TRIP REPORT STARTED!!!!!

andrews1ma

Mouseketeer

Aha I got your attention didn't I? Imagine if there was a ticker fairy running around the disboards planting real tickers for real Disney vacations in random siggies! Wouldnt that be just magical & dreamy.

Truth is I do know where it came from- my wonderful ( for the moment) DH, my very own Ticker Fairy- hee hee – he does play hockey on an adult league, kinda like another male fairy currently out there!

Welcome to my very first official ( I say official because I once did a very quick PTR the night before our last vacation) Trip Report. I promise to try my best to keep you entertained- there is a lot of tough competition out there!

Intro's and details I guess are in order.

First up:

Me-Donna....a disney dork! 36 and currently a SAHM to a wonderful 10 year lil guy. I am in between jobs due to this currently lousy economy.blah blah blah.

DH- so not a Disney dork- will never be one- more of a Disney grump! although he does own one Mickey T-shirt that he wears quite often cause he says “it’s comfy”

Here we are at Disney last year at the Beach Club resort-ahhh heaven on earth!
IMG_4821.jpg

Last and certainly not least my one and only main man, my DS, Andrew. Yeah he’s too cool to be a Disney dork.
IMG_4324.jpg

and an honorable mention to our littlest and furriest family member...who will not be joining our trip. He will be actually staying at Grandma's Lodge and will be on the Deluxe Dining Plan. Meet Oliver, our 3 year old King Charles Spaniel...
IMG_3826.jpg

Sorry for the ginormous pics...I am trying to figure out how to re-size.

A little background as to how this all came about. See this will be our third annual trip together. We went the past 2 years in April/May and I am sure a lot of you can relate to these words that were uttered on the drive home last year “ We are definitely skipping Disney next year”, to which I sadly replied “uh-huh”. He had said that before after our first trip but I knew he wasn’t serious then. Well last year he sounded serious and I believed him. I came home and forgot about Disney for about 4 months or so. We even planned a tentative trip to Colonial Williamsburg and Busch Gardens for this spring, and while that sounds like it would be a fun trip, it’s No Disney!

I started to feel those little twinges, pangs of Disney emptiness, so I thought I would just take a little peek on the Dis to check in and see how everyone was doing. Well everyone was great and having a grand ole time without me! I decided that I would join in the fun, if only on the Dis. I could live vicariously through everyone else's Trip Reports, right? I tried to convince myself. It was fun, lots of fun, for a while. Then I started to have ticker envy, the kind that makes you go green! See, I am truly happy for everyone who gets to go to Disney, but now I wanted to go too!( insert my varuca salt foot stompin impression here) DH noticed that I was back on the Dis ( it’s like a drug, a very happy, addictive, but safe drug) and started to make little comments here and there. Pokin and proddin, ribbing and joking. I then brought out the ammo- my Disney books, and conveniently left them on the nightstand. The Unofficial Guide, the Walt Disney World Trivia Book, The Complete Walt Disney World book and a few others. Every night I would crawl in bed with one of them and escape to my favorite place! On the weekends I would “window vacation shop” on the Walt Disney World vacation site just to see what was going on.

Then last week, out of nowhere DH calls me downstairs in that authoritative kind of voice, the one I use when DS is in trouble. My first thought was ignore because I seriously thought I did something wrong, then I grew up! I made my way downstairs and DH was in the office on the computer. He started saying something about some extra money and said something about going to Disney and something about prices. My mind went disney, I mean dizzy, swirling with all of the ideas and plans I had been plotting in my head for the past few months. HAHA He had no idea what he was in for! I had that resort ressie on hold in 5.2 seconds flat! Not only did I do that- but within 5 minutes of making the resort ressie, I was on the dining website and had all of our ADR’s booked..done! I knew exactly where I wanted us to eat! So that brings us to today, today was pay the deposit day….which to me equals create a Ticker day! WOOHOO!

I will be back tomorrow to share some more details of trips past, and the planning and details for the one to come- in the meantime take a peek below at the gawgeous ticker of mine!

I had no idea you were plotting a trip and a PTR!!! Woo hoo for another Disney trip and an AKL one at that! You will love, love, love it there!!! :banana:

Can't wait for more, sounds like it will be a fun trip:goodvibes

Your dog is soo cute:cutie: A friend of mine just got a King charles puppy last year and she is just the sweetest, cutest, and craziest thing ever!! You can't help but love her:lovestruc

Hi! I am joining in too!! What are your exact dates? We're going in April. I just started my first PTR too last week-so far it's pretty fun!

If you ever do decide to go to Busch Gardens you should let me know. We have seasons passes:goodvibes

Hey Donna!!!

I am excited about your trip!!! I am here for this ride!!:goodvibes

I had no idea you were plotting a trip and a PTR!!! Woo hoo for another Disney trip and an AKL one at that! You will love, love, love it there!!! :banana:

I was dying to say something but didn't want to jinx it until I made the deposit! I am so excited to be staying at AKL-especially after following along on your last family TR. Thank you for joining in...I hope to keep you as entertained as you have kept me!

Can't wait for more, sounds like it will be a fun trip:goodvibes

Your dog is soo cute:cutie: A friend of mine just got a King charles puppy last year and she is just the sweetest, cutest, and craziest thing ever!! You can't help but love her:lovestruc

We are so psyched..this is a new resort for us!
I am super impartial to my dog so don't mind my gushing over him. He is truly the most amazing family pet. He is all that you described about your friends Spaniel- sweet, cute and crazy! Welcome to my report- I hope you enjoy!

Hi! I am joining in too!! What are your exact dates? We're going in April. I just started my first PTR too last week-so far it's pretty fun!

If you ever do decide to go to Busch Gardens you should let me know. We have seasons passes:goodvibes

Update is coming right up with all the exciting and yummo details!
I will definitely let you know if we end up over at BG one day. I had even subbed to a BG thread here on the dis as I seriously did not think we were going to Disney! Thank you for joining the ride.

Hey...you are my tough competition over on Dawn's trivia thread! Maybe I will just have to keep you so intrigued over here that you forget to check hers! :laughing: Glad you joined in!

Hey Donna!!!

I am excited about your trip!!! I am here for this ride!!:goodvibes

hey heather! Welcome- I am glad you found me. I tried not to go pimpin on too many other threads to rally support over here! I was thinking of you the other day when my MIL called to tell me that her 80 yr old..yes 80 yr old turtle died. My first thought was "Did you poke it to death!" :rotfl: but on a serious note my DH was seriously sad about the turtle- her name was Bertha and they had her for 30 yrs! :scared1: they had found her somewhere and kept her as a pet and later found out that she was ancient! nuts!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah for readers!!!! You guys are the best!:woohoo: Update is coming up shortly!

HELLOOOOOO HUMANS!!! ( from my favorite attraction!)

Even as I type this I am still in shock that we are going.

Ok details are certainly in order.

Resort Choice:

This year was Grumpy’s ( which is what I will call DH moving forward in this PTR) choice.

Last year was my choice and I picked The Beach Club- I would stay there every time if I had the option, and the money too!

Andrew picked our resort in 08 – he chose All Star Sports- he is a sports nut and that choice was fine with us. Grumpy had not been to Disney in a while so we spent every day doing a park. I will share more on that as well as our past Disney trips later on.

Ok this year we are staying at The Animal Kingdom Lodge. I did say this year was Grumpy’s choice, but just so happened that Andrew has been dying to stay here too- ever since we ate at Boma’s last year and toured the resort. He just loved the idea of having the animals out there at his disposal. It is nice when my boys are in agreement because they seriously fight like siblings sometimes!

Grumpy gave me a budget…and I tried as hard as I could to stay within that budget…and just came out a teensy weensy bit over.

We are going from April 23rd – May 2nd = 9 nights! Woohoo

I booked the standard room using the current 40% offer open to the public and will cross fingers, toes, etc… in hopes of an upgrade. Booking a standard room did save a nice chunk of change though. We will be doing the basic dining plan and I hope to convince Grumpy to let me add on the Park hoppers, WP & More option to our Park tickets.

You will see that this is necessary based on the following tentative schedule I have planned for us:

Friday 4/23: Drive- leave NC at 6:00am and hopefully arrive by 3:00pm
Check in and head to DTD
Dinner: Raglan Road
6:00 pm
Disney Quest – closes at 11:00pm

Saturday 4/23:
Epcot 9:00 am- 9:00pm
Back to Hotel for Afternoon Swim
Dinner: Tutto Italia’s Epcot
6:25pm

Sunday 4/25:
Magic Kingdom 9:00am- 2:00am EMH
Lunch: Columbia Harbor House MK
Hotel Swim
Dinner: Ohana’s
7:15 pm
Wishes- 10:00pm

Monday 4/26:
Hollywood Studios 9:00-10:00pm EMH
Breakfast/Lunch: Starring Rolls
Dinner: Brown Derby 2 Credits DHS
5:15 pm

Tuesday 4/27:
Typhoon Lagoon 10:00am- 5:00pm
Lunch: Leaning Palms TL- Grilled Cheese Pretzel
Snack- Donuts
Dinner: Counter Service at Hotel or Disney Quest
Disney Quest if Andrew wants to: Closes at 10:00pm

Wednesday 4/28:
Animal Kingdom: 9:00-8:00pm
Dinner: Bomas AKL
7:30pm

Thursday 4/29:
Hotel Pool
Afternoon: Magic Kingdom 9:00-11:00
Dinner: California Grill CR
9:05 pm -2 TS Credits
Watch Wishes at at 10:00pm from restaurant

Friday 4/30:
Typhoon Lagoon or Hotel Pool
Dinner: Shulas –The Dolphin Hotel
7:45 pm OOP
Epcot- EMH Closes at Midnight

Sat: Animal Kingdom
Dinner: ? Still undecided- any suggestions? The boys are not character friendly
Spend the evening by the pool soaking up the resort for our last night :sad1:
I hate the last night- I wish there a way to bypass and just skip the last night.

Let me know any suggestions, thoughts? These are still subject to change...I haven't even shown Grumpy the plans yet.
There are a few firsts on that list- I was thinking I will make a “ First time” list as I have some others that I hope to get done on this trip as well including a very popular attraction- which completely blows my mind! Anyone care to take a guess?

hey heather! Welcome- I am glad you found me. I tried not to go pimpin on too many other threads to rally support over here! I was thinking of you the other day when my MIL called to tell me that her 80 yr old..yes 80 yr old turtle died. My first thought was "Did you poke it to death!" :rotfl: but on a serious note my DH was seriously sad about the turtle- her name was Bertha and they had her for 30 yrs! :scared1: they had found her somewhere and kept her as a pet and later found out that she was ancient! nuts!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah for readers!!!! You guys are the best!:woohoo: Update is coming up shortly!

Oh please..pimp away lady!!!!! :goodvibes

LOL!!! Oh my gosh, 80 years old?!?!?! Thats crazy!! Aww, I am sorry your hubby was sad about it. Speaking of turtles...my DH tells me that I look like the turtle on the Neverending Story...Morla the ancient one! can you believe that!!!! :lmao:

My wonderful MIL was tagging herself and her friends on my facebook today on pictures of Chad and Hollie, oh and she was in them too. But, I was like why tag your friends on them.....so I untagged them!!! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I'm in!! Your plans sounda FAB! And you have a beautiful family. Df and I are staying at AKL again this next trip and we are very excited!! Can't wait to read more!

I started to feel those little twinges, pangs of Disney emptiness, so I thought I would just take a little peek on the Dis to check in and see how everyone was doing. Well everyone was great and having a grand ole time without me! I decided that I would join in the fun, if only on the Dis. I could live vicariously through everyone else's Trip Reports, right?

These pains I do know.
I'm going to be a mess come March.
Tissue please.
:sad1:

HELLOOOOOO HUMANS!!! ( from my favorite attraction!)

Even as I type this I am still in shock that we are going.

Ok this year we are staying at The Animal Kingdom Lodge.

We are going from April 23rd – May 2nd = 9 nights! Woohoo

There are a few firsts on that list- I was thinking I will make a “ First time” list as I have some others that I hope to get done on this trip as well including a very popular attraction- which completely blows my mind! Anyone care to take a guess?

It is so cool that you are staying at AKL. I love that place!

I hope it is not my beloved Soarin' that you have never experienced!

You are so much fun over on my PTR that I am sure your PTR will be just as entertaining! :goodvibes

You will love AKL! Love, love, love it! Make sure you check the activities sheet when you check in, and try to make time for the night vision viewing and the stories by the firepit (maybe on the night you are eating at Boma?).

Hmm, no clue what attraction you have not been on -- what park is it in?

Oh please..pimp away lady!!!!! :goodvibes

LOL!!! Oh my gosh, 80 years old?!?!?! Thats crazy!! Aww, I am sorry your hubby was sad about it. Speaking of turtles...my DH tells me that I look like the turtle on the Neverending Story...Morla the ancient one! can you believe that!!!! :lmao:

My wonderful MIL was tagging herself and her friends on my facebook today on pictures of Chad and Hollie, oh and she was in them too. But, I was like why tag your friends on them.....so I untagged them!!! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

If I posted on the dis some of the characters my husband has compared me to...I would have an angry mob with pitch forks outside our door! I can roll with the punches though..and give em right back! All I have to say to him is " ooooh was that a little reflection I just got off the top of your head" he will be in the bathroom for hours studying his hairline!!! I loved Neverending story- and my darling you look nothin like Morla!

I loved that you Un-Tagged them! :lmao:that had me rolling! She is obviously lacking Facebook Etiquette...amongst other things too!

I'm in!! Your plans sounda FAB! And you have a beautiful family. Df and I are staying at AKL again this next trip and we are very excited!! Can't wait to read more!

Thank you thank you for the kind words on my family..they are a keeper! I have yet to share the dining plans yet with the gang....hopefully they will approve- I think they look pretty darn good if I say so myself... considering I put them together in under 5 minutes! I have all intentions of writing a TR as soon as we return so we can swap AKL stories!

Meanwhile I just subbed to your PTR but haven't had a chance to read through the whole thing yet. But ohhhhh a Disney Wedding...ahhhhh :lovestruc:cloud9: ...how dreamy!!!

These pains I do know.
I'm going to be a mess come March.
Tissue please.
:sad1:

It is so cool that you are staying at AKL. I love that place!

I hope it is not my beloved Soarin' that you have never experienced!

I understand that pain...I once had to cancel an entire Disney trip on the day the payment was due...that was the worst..I literally did start tearing up on the phone and hoped that the CM didn't notice. I will share that story later on.

I cannot wait to step foot into AKL and know that we will be calling it "home" for 9 nights! I get chills just thinking about it!

The ride we have not ridden yet is most definitely not Soarin...I feel sad for anyone that has not ridden that ride yet as it is just magical! It did take Andrew a few years before he would try it out. I was one of those moms that made it all the way to the boarding area with him and then sadly had to exit back down the long ramp out...but I knew he would come around when he was ready. I didn't want to be one of those moms that forces their child on rides like Goofy's Barnstormer- and takes a pic of my child freaking out on the ride ..and then posts it on the Dis boards for all to see :scared1:.....:lmao: I am so kidding...I did the same thing with Andrew when he was little on that same ride..only I didnt post pics on the Dis! And you know what..it was his absolute favorite ride from there on out!

I will give you a clue about the ride that we have been on yet.....the ride is in a Park that we completely skipped last year. Yes 10 days at disney with Park Hoppers mind you..and we skipped an entire park! So far you know that we did Epcot as we were there every night...and we did MK. I will get my lists of firsts together when I have a chance and share with you the ride that I cannot wait to do!

You are so much fun over on my PTR that I am sure your PTR will be just as entertaining! :goodvibes

You will love AKL! Love, love, love it! Make sure you check the activities sheet when you check in, and try to make time for the night vision viewing and the stories by the firepit (maybe on the night you are eating at Boma?).

Hmm, no clue what attraction you have not been on -- what park is it in?

I sure will! I am such a cheeseball when it comes to the activities- Andrew not so much! He pretends to be too cool and then makes me do them! The Beach Club had fabulous activities as well which made us not want to leave the resort! We won great prizes at Bingo- I am a BINGO addict! We also stayed for the movies and s'mores on the beach- that was fun!

Do we need to reserve the night vision goggles? How does that work? That is on Andrew's must see/do list.

I posted above that the one ride that is a must do this year is at a park that we completely skipped last year :scared1:. I will share more later on.

I sure will! I am such a cheeseball when it comes to the activities- Andrew not so much! He pretends to be too cool and then makes me do them! The Beach Club had fabulous activities as well which made us not want to leave the resort! We won great prizes at Bingo- I am a BINGO addict! We also stayed for the movies and s'mores on the beach- that was fun!

Oh, I would totally love to play Bingo at Disney!

Do we need to reserve the night vision goggles? How does that work? That is on Andrew's must see/do list.

Nope, just head down to the animal viewing area behind the pool when it gets dark. There is a CM there with the goggles. Oh, but put on bug spray beforehand -- the mosquitos were fierce right there!

I posted above that the one ride that is a must do this year is at a park that we completely skipped last year :scared1:. I will share more later on.

Hmmm, well, based on what you said before, I have it narrowed down to either DHS or AK. :rotfl:

Oh, I would totally love to play Bingo at Disney!

Nope, just head down to the animal viewing area behind the pool when it gets dark. There is a CM there with the goggles. Oh, but put on bug spray beforehand -- the mosquitos were fierce right there!

Hmmm, well, based on what you said before, I have it narrowed down to either DHS or AK. :rotfl:

Here is one of Andrew's Bingo scores ( please ignore the mopey look on his face- we nicknamed him Eeyore on that trip) :

Picture856.jpg

and there were many other great choices too!

Haha good process of elimination on the parks! :rotfl: You'll appreciate the ride when I reveal it. I think you have had your share of memorable moments with this one...some good...some not so good. ;)

Thanks for the bug spray tip. The mosquitos could care less about me- but they love my husband and Andrew so I will make sure to bring some with us.

Hey...you are my tough competition over on Dawn's trivia thread! Maybe I will just have to keep you so intrigued over here that you forget to check hers! :laughing: Glad you joined in!

HaHa - I even paid for internet access last weekend while we were at Disney so I wouldn't miss a question :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter