Where In The World 21. We are now completely legal!!!

World of Disney? Is it in the check out area?

i-fzHN9dh-Th.jpg

Yes, this is from the World of Disney. It's in the regular shopping area not at the check out. Tell me what/where it is in the World of Disney. :tink:

Is graduation soon? Steph didn’t have a graduation because of Covid 🙁

So sorry Steph missed that amazing experience. Our day started at 5:30 AM :faint:. We left for Brownwood at 6:15 arriving in time to do a little shopping and lunch at 11 at her favorite restaurant, Humphrey Pete's, for one last meal there. She'll get her "big" gift tomorrow night when we celebrate her graduation/Mother's Day at Taste of Texas in Houston. Gave her a "token gift" today...a tee shirt with her favorite, Stitch, celebrating with fireworks. :goodvibes Treavor had finished packing up most of her townhouse when he arrived about an hour before we did and she had to be at a short graduation practice at 1 so we did a little more shopping and made our way to HPU. Got to visit with her best friends parents before we were allowed in for seating. After practice she came and showed us her most prized :goodvibes sash...the Honor's Academy blue & gold sash and the red/white/blue braided rope; only 6 students of the graduating class were honored to receive these sashes.

P2040284-S.jpg
P1100053-S.jpg
Screenshot_20240512-000749_Facebook-S.jpg

She graduated Summa Cum Laude; the yellow sash and braided rope represent her Degree in Mathematics along with the Guy D. Newman Honors Academy sash & rope for her Degree in Civic Leadership and Public Policy (and, for her, receiving the Sumners Scholarship); the medal with the red/white/blue ribbon represents the Honors Academy (the 2 professors on stage pinned it on the Honor Academy grads before they received their diploma) and the one with the red sash is the ASC Student Scholar/Athlete. Dr. Hines gave the diplomas. We had great seats but not much luck with photos. Thank goodness friends were in different parts of the Auditorium with different lighting and Amanda's phone takes awesome pictures so I have plenty photos from screen shots.

Screenshot_20240512-001219_Facebook-S.jpg
P1100075-S.jpg
P1100080-S.jpg
Screenshot_20240511-235502_Facebook-S.jpg

We'd planned on taking graduation pictures afterwards (she wanted the photos to have all her "hardware" in them :rotfl:) but we exited the auditorium and noticed an approaching storm!:eek: Complete with 2" hail and high winds according to the Weather apps the girls were using. So we QUICKLY got a few photos, skipped the reception 😢 and "got out of town" as quickly as we could! None of us wanted to deal with MORE hail damage to our vehicles and since Sara & Allie had loaded the odds & ends boxes in their cars while Treavor was moving furniture we were ready to leave. But DID get some really memorable photos...her best friends, favorite professor, soccer coach and family. This photo of the storm came from the Texas Storm Chasers site on Facebook (it's much better than mine!)

Screenshot_20240511-222621_Facebook-M.jpg

P1100130-M.jpg
P1100140-S.jpg
P1100142-M.jpg
P1100153-S.jpg
P1100162-S.jpg
P1100133-S.jpg

These 2 are some of my favorites..."best friends saying goodbye"...

P1100173-S.jpg
P1100178-S.jpg
:tink:

So sorry Steph missed that amazing experience. Our day started at 5:30 AM :faint:. We left for Brownwood at 6:15 arriving in time to do a little shopping and lunch at 11 at her favorite restaurant, Humphrey Pete's, for one last meal there. She'll get her "big" gift tomorrow night when we celebrate her graduation/Mother's Day at Taste of Texas in Houston. Gave her a "token gift" today...a tee shirt with her favorite, Stitch, celebrating with fireworks. :goodvibes Treavor had finished packing up most of her townhouse when he arrived about an hour before we did and she had to be at a short graduation practice at 1 so we did a little more shopping and made our way to HPU. Got to visit with her best friends parents before we were allowed in for seating. After practice she came and showed us her most prized :goodvibes sash...the Honor's Academy blue & gold sash and the red/white/blue braided rope; only 6 students of the graduating class were honored to receive these sashes.

P2040284-S.jpg
P1100053-S.jpg
Screenshot_20240512-000749_Facebook-S.jpg

She graduated Summa Cum Laude; the yellow sash and braided rope represent her Degree in Mathematics along with the Guy D. Newman Honors Academy sash & rope for her Degree in Civic Leadership and Public Policy (and, for her, receiving the Sumners Scholarship); the medal with the red/white/blue ribbon represents the Honors Academy (the 2 professors on stage pinned it on the Honor Academy grads before they received their diploma) and the one with the red sash is the ASC Student Scholar/Athlete. Dr. Hines gave the diplomas. We had great seats but not much luck with photos. Thank goodness friends were in different parts of the Auditorium with different lighting and Amanda's phone takes awesome pictures so I have plenty photos from screen shots.

Screenshot_20240512-001219_Facebook-S.jpg
P1100075-S.jpg
P1100080-S.jpg
Screenshot_20240511-235502_Facebook-S.jpg

We'd planned on taking graduation pictures afterwards (she wanted the photos to have all her "hardware" in them :rotfl:) but we exited the auditorium and noticed an approaching storm!:eek: Complete with 2" hail and high winds according to the Weather apps the girls were using. So we QUICKLY got a few photos, skipped the reception 😢 and "got out of town" as quickly as we could! None of us wanted to deal with MORE hail damage to our vehicles and since Sara & Allie had loaded the odds & ends boxes in their cars while Treavor was moving furniture we were ready to leave. But DID get some really memorable photos...her best friends, favorite professor, soccer coach and family. This photo of the storm came from the Texas Storm Chasers site on Facebook (it's much better than mine!)

Screenshot_20240511-222621_Facebook-M.jpg

P1100130-M.jpg
P1100140-S.jpg
P1100142-M.jpg
P1100153-S.jpg
P1100162-S.jpg
P1100133-S.jpg

These 2 are some of my favorites..."best friends saying goodbye"...

P1100173-S.jpg
P1100178-S.jpg

I love the pictures. It’s hard to say goodbye to your college friends but I’m sure she will stay in touch with them. Congratulations on all her awards.

I love the pictures. It’s hard to say goodbye to your college friends but I’m sure she will stay in touch with them. Congratulations on all her awards.

She's really bonded with a few of them! The soccer team especially; they go through SO much.... "blood, sweat and tears" for sure! She and Sydney "handed off the garland of leadership" to twin sisters from the soccer team. 💞 Then there's the "academic friend"; just as close with all the research projects and conferences and I absolutely loved her favorite professors. And, of course, her soccer coach! Talk about a "love/hate" relationship! :rotfl: But he's been there for those girls; attended ALL the academic ceremonies over the years. He was remembering yesterday when this class arrived during Covid and how HIS kids have grown the last 4 years. His oldest daughter turns 14 this summer. She'll remember them always!

Screenshot_20240512-000728_Facebook-S.jpg
Screenshot_20240512-000900_Facebook-S.jpg
P1100160-S.jpg

Ending our celebration of Allie with a family dinner at the Taste of Texas tonight! Her graduation gift from us SURE made her smile! :goodvibes Steaks "to die for" (check out Bryan's :eek: ... he DID share it with Mandy :rotfl:) but I enjoyed the desserts most of all! :cloud9: Fun weekend; now we move on to Katie with prayers she doesn't end up in detention :rotfl2: for the next 2 weeks! :faint: Her "Senioritis" is B-A-C-K :crazy:!

P2040307-S.jpg
P2040291-M.jpg
P2040294-S.jpg
P2040299-S.jpg
P2040302-S.jpg
P2040303-S.jpg
P2040306-S.jpg

Ending our celebration of Allie with a family dinner at the Taste of Texas tonight! Her graduation gift from us SURE made her smile! :goodvibes Steaks "to die for" (check out Bryan's :eek: ... he DID share it with Mandy :rotfl:) but I enjoyed the desserts most of all! :cloud9: Fun weekend; now we move on to Katie with prayers she doesn't end up in detention :rotfl2: for the next 2 weeks! :faint: Her "Senioritis" is B-A-C-K :crazy:!

P2040307-S.jpg
P2040291-M.jpg
P2040294-S.jpg
P2040299-S.jpg
P2040302-S.jpg
P2040303-S.jpg
P2040306-S.jpg

Oh those desserts look good. Love the little boot glass. That’s one big steak 😳

Oh those desserts look good. Love the little boot glass. That’s one big steak 😳

The boot glass was a "dessert alcohol milkshake" and it was GOOD. Almost like an Irish coffee but with more cinnamon flavor. Really good! Carrot cake is my favorite; the chocolate cake was good but not as good and moist as the peanut butter one I get at Prime Time. David and Bryan had apple cobbler. Didn't get a picture but it was basically a hot apple pie served with Blue Bell Cinnamon ice cream and it was heavenly. Allie loves her raspberry cheesecake and Katie wasn't adventurous ... Cookies and Cream ice cream for her. :goodvibes And yes...the steak was HUGE! They ate every bite too! :rotfl: :tink:

I’m going to have to think on this one. Is it some kind of machine that you can purchase something?

:rotfl: Think no more; it's a machine that MAKES the luggage tags...like the penny machines! :stitch: (I'll get a new crop up shortly; need to go get Boo now before the downpour of rain starts!)

i-z7XfPSj-XL.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter