Where In The World 21. We are now completely legal!!!

Well, after researching it this is not a specific painter with a name. "Further signs of the Renaissance are seen as our journey progresses. First we see an artist’s assistant mixing paint while he works on his latest masterpiece. And just beyond a sculptor chisels a statue from marble." And then you see Michelangelo painting the ceiling.

So I don't need a name. And, you know it's a painter so just guess where this painting is. It's not on a wall.

This is not Michelangelo. Sorry about that. I get him mixed up with this other guy, who is also on Epcot's Spaceship Earth.

Is it a painting on a easel? (To be honest, I don't even remember the scene and it hasn't been a week since we've seen it. :crazy: ) I do remember something on a easel though....:tink:

110? :faint: We got some much needed rain last night :yay: and my high today was 74. Beautiful day. But I'm afraid it's going to be a hot, dry summer. I hate the summer/fire season.....:sad2:

That was my guess at the heat index; David said it was actual temperature of 101 when he left work this afternoon. We're already expecting a general rain this weekend from a tropical disturbance in the southern Gulf of Mexico. It has an 80% chance of becoming at least a tropical storm. Originally, it was predicted to make landfall in Louisiana but the "cone" has now been moved into Texas area....anywhere from Corpus Christi to Beaumont/Orange area. It was hot, sticky and muggy late afternoon; went out to water my potted plants and had to come in twice to cool off. 🥴 I KNEW something was "brewing"; about 9 this evening I heard LOTS of thunder and had a nice rain around 9:30; lots of lightening and lights kept flickering finally going out for about 30 seconds then power slowly came back on. NOT good for appliances! :headache: Then....a little after midnight (with beautiful clear sky and a temperature of 73) we lost power again! 😲 This time it was out about an hour. It was a "comedy of errors" for me since ALL my "power is out" supplies (flashlights, candles, kerosene lantern) are packed away and it was PITCH DARK in the house. We have fans everywhere (still trying to totally dry the paint :faint:), ALL furniture "out of place" and tables set up in strange places holding our "daily needs". :rotfl2: As I was stumbling around, feeling my way against a wall, I FINALLY remembered the lights to my car come on when I touch the door knob so I felt my way to the garage and did that so I could find the flashlight that stays in the garage. Found enough stuff to light the kitchen area so I could at least finish cleaning the vegetables David picked from the garden today. Meanwhile...David AND Boo were sound asleep! :tink:

We lost one of our BEST citizens this week when the owner of the former Lange's Quick Stop passed away. Mr. Bobby had 2 stores in town and EVERY kid in Bellville would flock inside (while their parents got gas or after sporting events) to get an ICEE. I think he had the first ICEE machine in Bellville! He was loved by all; always greeted you with a smile and instructed his staff to give you a FREE ICEE on your birthday! I love this arrangement the local flower shop made for his service today! :lovestruc

582441:tink:

Is it a painting on a easel? (To be honest, I don't even remember the scene and it hasn't been a week since we've seen it. :crazy: ) I do remember something on a easel though....:tink:

Yes, :dogdance: on an easel. That's what I was looking for!

I always thought this was Leonardo D'Vinci!

That was my guess at the heat index; David said it was actual temperature of 101 when he left work this afternoon. We're already expecting a general rain this weekend from a tropical disturbance in the southern Gulf of Mexico. It has an 80% chance of becoming at least a tropical storm. Originally, it was predicted to make landfall in Louisiana but the "cone" has now been moved into Texas area....anywhere from Corpus Christi to Beaumont/Orange area. It was hot, sticky and muggy late afternoon; went out to water my potted plants and had to come in twice to cool off. 🥴 I KNEW something was "brewing"; about 9 this evening I heard LOTS of thunder and had a nice rain around 9:30; lots of lightening and lights kept flickering finally going out for about 30 seconds then power slowly came back on. NOT good for appliances! :headache: Then....a little after midnight (with beautiful clear sky and a temperature of 73) we lost power again! 😲 This time it was out about an hour. It was a "comedy of errors" for me since ALL my "power is out" supplies (flashlights, candles, kerosene lantern) are packed away and it was PITCH DARK in the house. We have fans everywhere (still trying to totally dry the paint :faint:), ALL furniture "out of place" and tables set up in strange places holding our "daily needs". :rotfl2: As I was stumbling around, feeling my way against a wall, I FINALLY remembered the lights to my car come on when I touch the door knob so I felt my way to the garage and did that so I could find the flashlight that stays in the garage. Found enough stuff to light the kitchen area so I could at least finish cleaning the vegetables David picked from the garden today. Meanwhile...David AND Boo were sound asleep! :tink:

I was going to say, you did all that after midnight? So you could clean vegetables?

Glad your power came back on. I've ordered a generator for my house because the power goes out so often. Hoping it arrives today....

i-QD2JL3x-S.jpg

This is from a resort. :tink:

Deluxe? Swan and Dolphin?

I was going to say, you did all that after midnight? So you could clean vegetables?

Glad your power came back on. I've ordered a generator for my house because the power goes out so often. Hoping it arrives today....

Midnight is "early" for me; I'm a night owl and get SO much more accomplished in the evening hours than during the day! And yes...once the vegetables are picked they need to be cleaned and stored to maintain freshness. The excessive heat has practically killed the garden combined with the almost 10 inches of rain here while we were gone. Most of the harvest yesterday was cream peas...family favorites and Allie's request for her birthday dinner in July. They had to be shelled, rinsed, blanched (which I couldn't do until electricity came back on and then in the microwave since my kitchen stove is still in the garage!), cooled down and frozen for her birthday dinner. David said he doubts we'll get many more from this years garden. At least the cone on the tropical depression has moved back over towards Louisiana so maybe we won't get much rain this weekend after all which might help.

Did you order a whole house generator? That's what we've been looking at but I think we're good with the smaller ones David has. He has 2 he can hook up if we have a prolonged power outage to run our freezers and kitchen appliances. It would be so much easier to have a whole house one installed but that's SO expensive! :tink:

We lost one of our BEST citizens this week when the owner of the former Lange's Quick Stop passed away. Mr. Bobby had 2 stores in town and EVERY kid in Bellville would flock inside (while their parents got gas or after sporting events) to get an ICEE. I think he had the first ICEE machine in Bellville! He was loved by all; always greeted you with a smile and instructed his staff to give you a FREE ICEE on your birthday! I love this arrangement the local flower shop made for his service today! :lovestruc

View attachment 582441:tink:

sorry to hear but that is a nice tribute to him then

View attachment 582441:tink:

Nice floral arrangement.

lobby area?
Is on the side of the building? Pool area?

101 :crazy2: gross. It's a cool 72 today. Sorry you lost power especially with all your flashlights in boxes.

Not quite as hot today :dogdance:...only in the mid-90's; 72 sounds Heavenly! :cloud9: At least I had candles on the bar area and found the lighter before I remembered the flashlight in the garage. Totally unexpected, especially with the clear sky and stars shining brightly! I'm thinking a delayed "tree limb fall" that maybe got cracked in the storm earlier and finally fell on a line somewhere. :confused3 At least it was only an hour not DAYS! 😳

i-QD2JL3x-S.jpg

This is not from the lobby and not the pool area; the "waves" are painted on a building among other things. :tink:

Not quite as hot today :dogdance:...only in the mid-90's; 72 sounds Heavenly! :cloud9: At least I had candles on the bar area and found the lighter before I remembered the flashlight in the garage. Totally unexpected, especially with the clear sky and stars shining brightly! I'm thinking a delayed "tree limb fall" that maybe got cracked in the storm earlier and finally fell on a line somewhere. :confused3 At least it was only an hour not DAYS! 😳

i-QD2JL3x-S.jpg

This is not from the lobby and not the pool area; the "waves" are painted on a building among other things. :tink:

So are these waves outside? are we supposed to name the building? or are they on something?

This is the generator I ordered: https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts...F4EFWp-z4kL6gbAW62-z6bPMxy97t0r3S0QBSou96VOaE

It's not enough for the whole house. I'm hoping it can be hooked up to run my pump so I can have water when the power is out. But it's not going to be here for a while..... they called me today and said it had to be delivered in an 18 wheeler semi tractor trailer. I said I don't think you can get a full sized truck like that up here. He said well maybe I needed to get a tractor and meet him on the highway sometime next Thursday. :eek: I called Camping World where I bought it and the lady is trying to find a solution.

Last edited:
This is the generator I ordered: https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts...F4EFWp-z4kL6gbAW62-z6bPMxy97t0r3S0QBSou96VOaE

It's not enough for the whole house. I'm hoping it can be hooked up to run my pump so I can have water when the power is out. But it's not going to be here for a while..... they called me today and said it had to be delivered in an 18 wheeler semi tractor trailer. I said I don't think you can get a full sized truck like that up here. He said well maybe I needed to get a tractor and meet him on the highway sometime next Thursday. :eek: I called Camping World where I bought it and the lady is trying to find a solution.

:confused3 It doesn't give dimensions but I can't see a delivery person needing an 18 WHEELER SEMI TRACTOR TRAILER to deliver that generator! :crazy: It's looks like it's the same size as one of David's and he brought it home on the back of his pickup truck! :crazy: He paid around $1,000 about 5 years ago so it can't be much bigger. :confused3 Maybe it's bigger than it looks in the picture. There's a shortage of generators here in Texas; had a story on the local news earlier this week when they started talking about hurricane season. I've also noticed the companies selling whole home generators haven't been advertising lately either. Manufactures shut down last year and they're still trying to catch up. You were lucky to find one; now I hope you can get it delivered! o_O:tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter