• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where in SSR?

tracyl921

Mouseketeer
Ok, like the rest of us, we want it all! So my question is, if given a choice, where in SSR would you stay (feel free to name specifc room numbers). We will be in a studio and would like to be close to the main house, but also would like a view of DTD so we can see the fireworks. Is that possible? Also, I am a bit concerned about wha I am reading on the boards about SSR's size. I'm not fond of OKW because the resort is so spread out you can't walk anywhere - is SSR the same way? The maps don't make it seem that way. Also, how far of a walk to DTD is it? Thanks for all your help!:hippie:

Here's the distance map. (Measurements in miles.) .25 miles takes about 3-5 minutes to walk.

SSRmap_enhanced.jpg

The closest building to AP with a view of DTD is 25xx-28xx. It overlooks West Side and Pleasure Island. From there it is about a 10 minute walk.

I've yet to stay at Congress Park, but I think I favor Springs, Grandstand and Paddocks area views. The DTD lake gets a bit busy during the day and Pleasure Island doesn't look too spectacular to look at during the day. (West Side and Marketplace are nice though.) The interior of the resort just has views more to my liking: lakes, golf courses and lots of trees.

I am bummed. Ok then, I guess either the springs or grandstand is where we want to stay. Definately want a quiet room with a nice view. We'll take the boat/bus to DTD then. Can anyone recommend a building/view to request?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter