Where have all the perks gone ?

tink15823

DIS Veteran
When I first started taking family trips to Disney I had a list of perks that you could not find eleswhere and that was how I could justify paying almost double what I would off site . As the years have gone by and a new team of advisers and managment has taken over things have slowly disapeared or became a non Disney resort guest only perk . From free parking at the resort to the change in only Disney resort guest getting EMH and early FP booking . Can someone tell me with the exception of Magic Exspress what will hold gust at a Disney resort ? Saddened and dismayed I feel that Disney just doesnt care if you stay at the resort or not. The feeling you were special to Disney is gone . Just show them the money .

We love Disney resorts.

I’ve stayed at Disney resorts my entire life, long before pre-booking Fastpasses, EMH, Magical Express, etc. existed. As an adult, I bought DVC because I love the resorts. We love the accommodations. We love the attention to detail. We love the pools. We love the activities and recreation. We love the cast members. Disney resorts are as much a part of our trip as going to the parks.

We continue to encounter cast members who go above and beyond. When something has gone wrong, they’ve always made it right.

We love the feeling of being at a Disney resort - that’s why we also love Aulani, Vero Beach and stop by the HHI resort when we are there staying with family.

I’ve stayed at a lot of very nice hotels in various cities, and if you gave me the choice, I’d pick a Disney hotel every time.

When I look back at what WDW was in 1972 and compare it to today I too see a lot of yesterdays magic gone. BUT, I see some new magic being created all the time. Nothing ever stays the same and WDW is no different. Subpar? I don't think so, just more expensive,... but then again, so are grocery prices. when I saw that Disney was going to take off, I bought shares. Maybe that is why I have a glass half full.

I will be honest, the experience we had less than a decade ago to now is actually quite different and the prices have simply sky rocketed. Our most recent trip we thought we would give Pop a second try and I will say the accomodations were fine, great refurb on the room. It was the sevice that was in all honesty less than sub-par. The previous trip we stayed at AKL and have stayed at all levels so I know there is a difference but quite frankly it was simply unacceptable,

Even extra magic hours aren't even magical anymore, I rember the characters were all out with short line and we really had the most amazing time. Danced with Chip and Dale, Goofy chased me down to give me a flower, Pluto dragged my son on It's a Small World. It really has changed.

I agree, the perks have definitely gone downhill.......but, will we keep going? YES. So I guess, Disney is getting the last laugh. My DS10 and DD1 now ensure our continued loyalty until DD grows out of it. We normally go a few times a year, have AP's, and only stay at deluxe( we always get a discount.) With the AP increase I don't know that I will renew....I can get non PH tickets for 2 separate 7 night stays for cheaper than an AP. Then there is the huge hike in resort prices.....so decreasing to twice a year is sounding better to me now.....and we will save a little money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter