Where, exactly, is the DL Hotel Monorail Station?

Disney Woman

Aching for a Disney Fix!
I called to find out, and the lady told me it's actually at Downtown Disney, they had moved it, and DLH no longer had it's own station. Well, that can't be very convenient for DLH guests!

Has anyone stayed at DLH and seen where the mono station is? That would be one of the only reasons to stay at DLH, and if it's not really convienent, I'd rather save my money.

I was hoping that the DLH was set up like the Grand Floridian, just go to the 2nd floor, out the door, and you're there.

Courtney

(Who, at 24 is having a 2nd childhood...at this rate I'll probably have a 3rd, 4th, and maybe even 5th!)

815.gif

Hello....

Well, the station was moved....about 2 INCHES from where it was before! :) Disney demolished some of the buildings and shops surrounding the old Monorail station to build Downtown Disney. Hence, the station is now "in" Downtown Disney. The walk to the Monorail station is the same walking distance as it has always been, since its construction in 1959.

Its a short walk to the monorail station, but not as "close" as the Disney resorts in Florida.

Adam
Assistant Webmaster
webmasteradam@wdwinfo.com

Courtney,

The monorail station is right next to, about 40 yards, from one of the DLH towers, some towers are farther from the station than others.

It is in essentially the same place it always has been.

If you look at the map at www.disneyland.com the station is next to the Rainforest Cafe.

Some DLH rooms may be closer to the tram, but you do NOT have to walk through DD to get to the station, at least coming to the station from the hotel.

You dont have the GF type monorail access from the DLH, but you are in a premium location IMHO.

The cream of the location crop, will be the GC, it has an exclusive entrance to the CA park and is in the middle of DD and CA.

By the way, the GC does not have its own monorail station.

You may be able to request a tower close to the station.

I would pay the premium to stay onsite if I could afford it.

anidragon01.gif

Feel free to send me an email :)

If you need help with your Disney problem click here:Calbay's 12 Steps of Disneyholics Anonymouse

My recent trip to the Disneyland Resort
Calbay's Holiday 2000 Disneyland Trip Report

Where's the map? I looked on disneyland.com, but I don't see any map of the DL Hotel. Thanks!

Courtney

(Who, at 24 is having a 2nd childhood...at this rate I'll probably have a 3rd, 4th, and maybe even 5th!)

815.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter