Where do you want to retire? Migrate to?

Neapolitan Ice Cream

DIS Veteran
My dream is to migrate to La Manga in Spain, learn the language and get a simple job :) Property is dirt cheap, the environment is to die for and the amenities plentiful :) I could even stay in the La Manga Club if I don't mind staying in a cheaper apartment and don't mind working a bit harder to earn more!

Nowhere - we’ve never entertained the slightest thought of doing that. Our retirement plans are to stay right here in our community, although the accommodations will change.

I am not sure.

I think I like the idea of Oahu but I am not sure I would ultimately like the isolation plus my savings would not go nearly as far in retirement.

I also think I like the idea of living in the mountains or near a beach. The mountains again run into potential isolation issues I may or may not enjoy. The beach runs into the same stretching my savings issues.

Ultimately our retirement location will be most influenced by where my kids end up living.

My family is all in this general area. I couldn't move far away from them, especially my sister and her kids. I guess if that wasn't an issue, I'd love to live in the UK, in London. I could indulge so many of my interests there.

Short term - we might rent something in SW Florida, where my MIL is a snowbird. My wife wants to be somewhat close to her for now. Long term, I would like to be somewhere in the Carolinas in a golf/lake community, but we'll see.

No desire to move away from lifelong friends and my family.
Will be a snowbird in the winter and enjoy our cottage in the summer probably.

Someplace warm with no snow or ice ever !! I’d like my own private island - tiny just for me with a nice beach !! 🌴 But I would have to win the lottery to get that !!
Plenty of islands for sale for less than what a lot of people say "that's a starter home" about on this forum.

I'd pay $500k for my own island and live in a hut before I'd pay $1.2 million for a 1200 sq ft house on a postage stamp sized lot.

I would love to retire to Maui or Kauai, but DH is adamantly opposed. We may stay where we are, we may by some acreage in Sulphur, OK to be closer to our daughter and to live within the geographic boundaries of the Chickasaw Nation.

My hubby has committed to vacationing in Hawaii for a month every year. I would love to rent a little one bedroom condo on the beach, rent a jeep and soak up as much sun as I can stand!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter