Where do you like to safety vacation in Mexico?

I think my mom did 7 cruises to Mexico and never stepped foot on Mexican soil. I went once, on a school Spanish Club trip in 1975. Did a road trip in April and had to go through an Immigration Checkpoint in Arizona. That's as close to Mexico as I have been in decades.

A lot of officers and detectives I work with vacation in Mexico and say they feel fine going there as long as you arrange transportation right from the airport to your resort and stay at the resort, not sure specific places they go to, but I don't know. I just hear so many stories that I don't think I would be able to have a relaxing vacation because I would have my guard up the whole time.

Other than day visits on a cruise our only land based time has been in Puerto Vallarta and even that was cruise related(due to illness we got off the boat on day 3 or was it 4 of a 7 day cruise?)

We ended up at an all inclusive resort that Disney picked for us.

https://hotelcrownparadiseclubpuertovallarta.com/

I never felt unsafe, we did take a taxi to Walmart one day. I think that might have been the only time we left the resort though except to head to the airport. We didn't feel unsafe at Walmart or taking a taxi.

On cruise ship ports of call we also never felt unsafe.

In Cozumel we have taken cruise ship tours and also just got off and done our own thing. A couple times we got off and grabbed a taxi and asked them which day beach club was best and let the driver take us there.

I have no interest going to Mexico. You hear way too many bad stories. Even in the popular tourist locations. I’ll pass.
I agree. We'd gone to Mexico a few times pre-covid, and we don't plan to go in the near future. Jamaica is amazing though if you're looking for other options.

That being said if you do go, never stay in an AirBnB or drink alcohol in Mexico and always drink from sealed water bottles with no ice.

If the hotel doesn't offer the waiver they require you to sign in English sign it with: "Vi coactus" or "V.C." which is 'under duress'.

I agree. We'd gone to Mexico a few times pre-covid, and we don't plan to go in the near future. Jamaica is amazing though if you're looking for other options.

That being said if you do go, never stay in an AirBnB or drink alcohol in Mexico and always drink from sealed water bottles with no ice.

If the hotel doesn't offer the waiver they require you to sign in English sign it with: "Vi coactus" or "V.C." which is 'under duress'.
I was thinking about Jamaica as well. Any resort or specific spot you would recommend to explore?

Where do you like to safety vacation in Mexico?
To visit feels like it would be horribly exploitative, I would not go and would vehemently discourage anyone I love from going. I have no idea what is going on but feel very bad for the people living there and am shocked the US has not attempted to assist the people trying to raise families under those circumstances.

Not in Mexico is the safe way to visit Mexico. That place has now reached a concern level of mythical proportions, might as well start calling it Mordor.

We’ve been to the Cancun area (Riviera Maya) in June 2022 and April 2023. I am cautious by nature and would absolutely never take my DD to a place that I didn’t think was safe. I have zero concerns about how we choose to travel in Mexico.

We arrive at the airport and take a private car (arranged through our resort) to the resort. We choose not to leave the property for the duration of our stay and enjoy all of the on-site amenities. We use the trip to relax and unplug, so we are more than fine spending our days on a beach lounger with a book while someone brings us tropical drinks.

BUT every single person that we have encountered during our stay who works there is the kindest and warmest and most hard working person you could ever hope to meet. They are such wonderful wonderful people. I cannot say enough nice things about them. Hokey as it may sound, I consider myself lucky to have met them.

Now, I’m sure there are bad people and bad areas. We have the same thing in my local metro area. But I wouldn’t tell you not to come to my city because of it.

The only resort I would go to in Mexico would be xcaret. But, I am not sure I would even go there with all the cartel killings.

We sailed to Cozumel on the fantasy in February and didn’t leave the ship.

The media loves to pick on Mexico. There is violence in all countries. Mexico had 66 million international visitors last year. That is a lot of safe people. We go to the Mexican Riviera every couple of years, along with millions of others people - families, young people, wedding parties. Like anywhere, if you go out at night be careful. I only know that area and I just love it. We specifically go to the Iberostar but there are multitudes of places to chose from.

We go to Mexico every year, usually puerto Vallarta for a week to 10 days. And we sometimes switch up to Cabo. I’m sorry so many are afraid to go. We have walked the streets at night, taken public busses (where unlike most public transportation in America) young men jump out of their seats for us (we are in our 70s with an adult daughter with Down syndrome) and if we decline they refuse to take no for an answer). Wonderful people (who are friendly, smile back and are exceedingly kind), food, entertainment. Last November we were in PV for the day of the dead parade. It was a great time with thousands on the streets, many offering their seats to us and not a bit of violence. i hope some can get past their fear, rational or not, to enjoy this beautiful country and it’s people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter