Where do I activate my annual passes?

TheDisneyNurse

DIS Veteran
(I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong forum)

My family and I just purchased Annual passes, which we will need to activate when we go to WDW this June. Here's the thing. We are staying off property, and would like to go and activate them the day before we actually go to the parks. We usually do this at downtown disney. I've heard that parking is an absolute nightmare, however. Is there any other place we can go to activate these passes? We know we can do it at the window of whatever park we go to first, but we'd rather not. If not, then we'll have to bear downtown disney!

Any Park (including water parks) ticket or Guest Relations window. Just go to any window at the first park you are going to. And since you are staying off-property you really cannot get to the International Gateway since you would have to go through a hotel.

It's kind of complicated. Okay, so some of the people in my party are going to the MK that Friday night we arrive. Some are going to a Rolling Stones concert instead. We could activate at MK, but that would mean the whole party has to go and activate, even the ones going to the concert. The reason being, because everyone except me bought their AP's with my parent's accounts. They need to be present at the time of activation. Boy, I sure made this complicated. Roughing it and going to DD would be the easiest, right? Cause from there half of the party is taking a bus to MK, and half is going to a concert.

Just go to Downtown Disney. If you can go on a weekday earlier in the day, you'll be fine. The traffic really only gets backed up around prime hours. So afternoon 5 o'clock traffic, weekends, and sometimes around noon. Most of the time we go to DTD and have no issues. It's really nice having the parking garage open and makes parking easy.

It's not downtown Disney itself or parking that's bad. It's the road that wraps around it that gets backed up from people not knowing what their doing, guests parking across the street for whatever reason, and whatnot. If you don't see lines of cars backed up as you approach, you'll be fine.

Any Park (including water parks) ticket or Guest Relations window. Just go to any window at the first park you are going to. And since you are staying off-property you really cannot get to the International Gateway since you would have to go through a hotel.

That's not true. Anyone can park at the Boardwalk hotel (to go to dinner, or just stroll around). There's a very clear walking path to International Gateway (or you can even enjoy a boat ride). Then the window is right there and you just turn around and walk back. We've done that a few times (before we were DVC and after).

It's really easy, plus a really nice time!

ENJOY!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter