Where did you put the...... garneska can't find anything for the next 3 months

@hgarnes Based on the NAPA posted specs the switch is built for 3.1-7psi and preset at 4 psi. If this is a low pressure alarm, is being set at 4psi too high for the system? I guess you could always build a small setup using a 4" pipe and some ends to thread this in and put a air inlet on the opposite side, set it to 3psi and adjust the sensor till it closes ground?

@hgarnes Based on the NAPA posted specs the switch is built for 3.1-7psi and preset at 4 psi. If this is a low pressure alarm, is being set at 4psi too high for the system?
If that is just the switch for the alarm, 4psi may be too high. It depends on what the pump is generating.

If that is a regulator, I would think 4psi was fine.

j

On Friday we decided to take the day off. It was a rough week. I wanted to get out. We hiked back at GSMNP again. This time from Fontana Dam. the drive was an hour and 40 minutes there and back. It was not bad. rainy when we started.

7B4F3909-E217-423B-B2C7-65169FB2C0C8.jpeg

the plan was to hike up to the Shuckshack Fire Tower. It was 6.7 miles with 2200 ft of gain. It was an out and back so almost all of that gain was the first 3.35 miles.

F02562C4-66D1-4067-A0D1-B41B526B5F39.jpeg
6E07589B-624B-4E56-A0D6-684793C0F339.jpeg

Here is the tower. It freaked me out so I did not go up to the top like bert. Am sure he will post his pics soon.

2BCC7732-63C4-411B-B9F6-D608F75D26CB.jpeg

after the hike we had lunch at the dam then drove home. got back earlier than expected so dinner was chicken and veggies. Then watched some soccer and olympics.

On Saturday guess what we decided to do…….hike. This was an easier forest hike. It was 5.6 miles with 940 ft of gain. No views. The many trees though helped shield us from the blazing hot sun.

63AF5AED-E65D-4005-888F-35BA68B363C2.jpeg

after the hike it was time for errands. Errands that began with a stop at a local winery. Wine was ok but the views were fantastic.

2FBA3F8D-5FC6-4F2F-A7C9-5C225E7D3DB3.jpeg

A6DA5DE3-11C1-48F7-ACBB-A7C5F8D1BE02.jpeg

the next errand was grocery shopping. This time at Walmart. Ugh I hate the place everything is always out of stock.

plus dinner was steaks on the grill. This also included a baked potato and everyone’s favorite grilled asparagus

Thanks @jbrostek and @Teamubr for the insight on the sensor. Once I get the new one I’ll let you know how it goes. I won’t be able to test it till the end of September though (on the car that is).

As for this weekend, I’ll add a few pics. Kris already posted one of the Shuckstack fire tower. Here is the view of Fontana Lake and Dam from the top steps.

If you zoom in around the center, you’ll see the dam.

I climbed to the top and looked in, but didn’t go in, the floor was too rotted away. From the top step I did try and get a bit artistic:

Back at the dam:

And looking into the abyss of one spillway:

Despite the early rain, it was a good hike.

-Bert

Glad to assist. I am a car guy after all and this kind of engineering lets me flex my brain a bit to find a solution.

Loving the hike pictures, it is supposed to be a pretty nice weekend. I started to look at alltrails to see what is nearby....though our favorite winery with a view is also nearby so that could also be a possiblity.

@tigger92662 we head back to Atlanta in Sep. We are staying at Crossing Creek for the next 2 months while the condo is being done. Won't have to hook the car up to the rig until then.

Saturday we had errands to run in atlanta. It was a BUSY day with lots of driving. We started with a morning walk. I am on call till next Monday so I had to be reachable until Aug 16 at 8 am. This meant no hiking for last weekend or this coming one. After our walk we went to a local restaurant that is supposed to have awesome breakfast. It was packed so we ordered to go. It was average. I will say the biscuit was very good but the rest of it average probably won’t be back. Bert can make breakfast.

next we jumped in the car and drove to the local to the condo Kroger. We had to pick up medicine. The grocery stores up here suck so we also picked up some things here. Then we went to the condo. I was scared going in. We both had an opinion on where they should be on the floors. They had two weeks so we were hoping for destruction, removal of trash, and floors prepped. We were very happy as that is where they were. I am expecting them to start tiling today. Hoping in two weeks to basically have floors.

some general pictures.

living room
2263CDAA-D1D8-4919-B209-C0B82C7D7704.jpeg

master bedroom closet

789776F0-5BFC-4FCF-BE77-D268F9AEE147.jpeg

Master bedroom

0D6466D1-9A0B-4D2A-A55F-B552E5F742ED.jpeg

pantry/old laundry room door

4B03645D-8C35-459A-8D45-BDA469BB2218.jpeg

from study closet. Floor in closet not prepped yet. It will be last because the cabinet stuff needs to be removed. You can see how much the new floor is raised.

025AE5EC-DCE4-4DF8-BC00-264D39D6F24F.jpeg

The kitchen 😲

3917CC34-2B2D-4D69-9B46-30FAA6131316.jpeg

hallway

1FBC0BAD-D84B-4D8A-8D60-662B3E02E7BF.jpeg

good pic with tiles for the floor out.

CD31236A-265C-4FD6-8EAF-E756EB2A0F8C.jpeg

I love the pattern. With the floor out like that we started looking at paint and this is what we have picked at the moment (all subject to change)

CC8C4A39-D432-4469-AC9F-C492769DC6A7.jpeg

so the first white is on the ceiling that is a done deal. The bottom white or pure white will be the trim. The grecian ivory will be the master bedroom and the silverpointe will be ever else. The Aleutian will be the accent wall. There will be one in each room.

after that we stopped at the vet to pick up Mallory’s ashes. Then went to my folks house. Mallory is staying with them until the condo is ready. She will sit next to my brother. had dinner with my family then back to the rv. We left at 11:35 and got back at 8:30. We spent at least 5.5 hours in the car 😫

On Sunday, recovery day, we had a more relaxing fun day. I started with a run and then bert made pancakes and sausage for BF. Not on a blackstone griddle but in the electric skillet. The weather was fabulous so we enjoyed drinking coffee outside. We also picked up the new stand for the TV when we went to the condo. I need to take a pic but got that all setup. We will be good to go for watching football.

After that we headed out for wineries. In North GA the month of august has a GA Wine Highway. It is a tour of wineriers. You buy the passport, $75, and there are 41 participating wineries you can travel to and get a tasting of 4 wines or 1 glass of wine. In general we do the tasting and each get something different so we usually get to taste just about all the wines. We started last weekend (did 4) and yesterday managed 3 more that were closer to the campground. That means we got our money's worth out of the passport. In general the tasting cost $10 to $14 per winery. Now when we go next weekend it is all free, kind of because we tend to buy a bottle of ones we like. We are pleased though the one that is closest to the campground we liked the wines. We plan to do another 3 to 5 next weekend. It depends on if we go one day or two days. In general 3 wineries is a good amount.

Saturday we had errands to run in atlanta. It was a BUSY day with lots of driving. We started with a morning walk. I am on call till next Monday so I had to be reachable until Aug 16 at 8 am. This meant no hiking for last weekend or this coming one. After our walk we went to a local restaurant that is supposed to have awesome breakfast. It was packed so we ordered to go. It was average. I will say the biscuit was very good but the rest of it average probably won’t be back. Bert can make breakfast.

next we jumped in the car and drove to the local to the condo Kroger. We had to pick up medicine. The grocery stores up here suck so we also picked up some things here. Then we went to the condo. I was scared going in. We both had an opinion on where they should be on the floors. They had two weeks so we were hoping for destruction, removal of trash, and floors prepped. We were very happy as that is where they were. I am expecting them to start tiling today. Hoping in two weeks to basically have floors.

some general pictures.

living room
View attachment 595934

master bedroom closet

View attachment 595937

Master bedroom

View attachment 595938

pantry/old laundry room door

View attachment 595935

from study closet. Floor in closet not prepped yet. It will be last because the cabinet stuff needs to be removed. You can see how much the new floor is raised.

View attachment 595942

The kitchen 😲

View attachment 595939

hallway

View attachment 595940

good pic with tiles for the floor out.

View attachment 595936

I love the pattern. With the floor out like that we started looking at paint and this is what we have picked at the moment (all subject to change)

View attachment 595941

so the first white is on the ceiling that is a done deal. The bottom white or pure white will be the trim. The grecian ivory will be the master bedroom and the silverpointe will be ever else. The Aleutian will be the accent wall. There will be one in each room.

after that we stopped at the vet to pick up Mallory’s ashes. Then went to my folks house. Mallory is staying with them until the condo is ready. She will sit next to my brother. had dinner with my family then back to the rv. We left at 11:35 and got back at 8:30. We spent at least 5.5 hours in the car 😫

Looks good. Hope you have good luck with the floor tile. The larger the tiles the more likely they are to crack, if there are any type of void beneath them. Looks like it will be very nice once it is done.

Update on this past weekend. Which was more of the same and the last weekend i was on call. I am not on call again till November. Saturday was recovery day and i did not even bother to get up and walk. I covered a lot of running miles this past week and official training has not started. That meant we started the day with pancakes and bacon.

225078A5-C369-414D-9ACC-9A3E0BE642B1.jpeg

Then it was off to the wineries again. We did 4 that were close to each other. One was a hit, one was a miss, and the other two were ok. The last one that was ok had a great view though.

9C692621-1915-4C3E-89A5-283DF6B179D4.jpeg

Dinner was simple brats on the grill that we ended up not eating as the salad i made to go with brats was big enough for dinner. Saved the brats then for lunch on sunday.

Sunday was a bit of a crazy day. Let's start with a run and then sitting outside drinking coffee. We hear this crash. Bert asks if it was us and I said YEAH. So we checked around nothing outside. I went inside and saw it. The glass cap on one of the puck lights in the ceiling came down and just caught the tile and carpet section. Shattered glass every where. Ugh, but thankfully fixable.

Next on the docket was to work on the Fridge, yes it is on the fritz again but is still cooling. Issue with the drain heating element. Turned off power to the coach but Bert still found something and shocked the **** out of himself. We are leaving it till the mobile guy gets here thrusday. Next was the AC. it works but it is not draining. Went from inside and took it apart put the snake up no blockage. Still wont drain. Have to take the AC off. Not doing that. will wait till thrusday. That was rig fun.

Next my friend from work retired and was having a party. We drove almost to Atlanta and hung out. It was fun but i have not been to a party in a while and wow that was hard.

This week we are off on Friday so hopefully a few more adventures.

Sorry about the problems with your Motor Home. I am waiting for my son to come & do a few things for me on the Cyclone Toy Hauler. They keep their camper @ Rockport, Tx from June 1st thru Labor Day, and are their every week-end or vacation for a week few times during the summer. He works from his home, so no office to go to. He does computer security with a large insurance company. Stay safe!

Got some good news this morning. Floors are in. Still have baseboards to do and closet stuff to put back but floors are in. Bad news is that means no hiking on Friday, it will be painting on Friday. Hoping the baseboards are done so we can paint them but even if not we will do the closets first and if time a bedroom. asked them to wait to put closet stuff back till Monday since it will make painting easier. Here are a few pics the contractor sent.

4E726024-C68D-4A9F-B64C-907950BD2D23.jpeg

3AB0071B-56EC-4D10-A114-DA07E62E5607.jpeg

FF0F9CB3-5CAA-4A30-80E8-C1D37FB409B0.jpeg

Looking at the pics. I definitely have to paint. I don’t like the color of the walls with the new floor.

The floors look great.

Actually paint before the baseboards are in. You don't have to worry about being perfect on the walls. If the baseboards are in the condo, paint them before they get installed. There will be a little touchup at the ends and nail holes/scuff marks, but it is a lot easier than painting them installed. I lay them out on saw horses. Put a tarp on the floor. No bending down, crawling on knees and accidentally getting paint on the new floors.

j

@Teamubr that is the plan. One of the reasons we are going down on Friday get painting going and yes planning to do the baseboards before they are installed. I am not looking forward to the painting but it will be the easiest right now. Want to come down and help? :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter