Where did you play when you were small?

Usually in the hills behind the house. That was when we lived on base (Ft. Huachuca). Later mostly in the open field on the other side of the house.

Backyard...or friends backyards
The elementary school was through a walkway by my house and across the street.
Went there to use the playground equipment and fields

Backyard or front yard. Our zoning required lots be at least a half acre. My backyard was the Whiffleball stadium. Many neighbors had pools or even tennis courts in their backyard.

I grew up on a small rowhouse street in South Philly-we played in the street. Sometimes we went to the park a block away, but more often than not we played street games.

When I was 6-7 I was allowed to walk to the neighborhood park by myself. Seems rather quaint now.

Usually in the hills behind the house. That was when we lived on base (Ft. Huachuca). Later mostly in the open field on the other side of the house.

My youngest was stationed there for a few months, and when I went out to visit with him he showed me all around those hills and where they'd hike!

When I was a kid we lived in rural South Jersey and we'd be up and down the road (dead end), all over the neighboring farms, sneak out to the old gravel pit, thru the woods. Everywhere.

I played in our yard, I played in the playground at the end of our street, and I played at neighbors houses. This was back when it was safe to ride your bike anywhere, to walk after dark alone, and to be able to stay out all day and be called home at dinnertime. Good memories!

We had a little canal behind our house and us kids use to make mud pies. Also sat under my friend's huge pine tree reading Archie comics or playing rubber band guns in their front/back yard. We had the doughboy pool in the back yard so kids came over to swim.

Pretty much just on the street where I lived. Those were the kids you were friends with. Sometimes we’d go in each other’s backyard and rarely in each other’s house except for sleepovers. This was probably up to about 4 or 5 grade and then we explored further in the neighborhood and started making friends not on our “block”.

Yards and streets in my neighborhood, as well as the open fields/lots on either side of my house, and the wooded lot beyond one of those fields.

Backyard, Woods behind our house, our grandparents farm across the field.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter