Where can I get the biggest/best Steak on property?

the best steak i've had on property was actually at Flying Fish. I know it sounds weird, but it's great. by no means the biggest. i can't relate to the idea of wanting to optimize for the largest steak.

The Captains Grille at The Yacht Club resort is a favourite of ours.. the steaks are not huge, but really well prepared. Oh & the bacon cheddar mashed potatoes are to die for! (this from someone who detests mashed potatoes as a rule - lol) :)

Shula's is nice, but they charge for everything separately.
These prices are for the meat only...want a side? Pay more

And they are not on the Disney dining plan. Prices like this will keep riff raff like me out.

So your question is not really worded correctly is it?

You want a bargin on the big steak. Personally LeCellier was one of the worst places I have eaten when I look at the quality for the price but it "big" is the real deciding factor it might be fine.

I love LeCellier, but when I eat there, I am getting the filet with the risotto and although it is wonderful, it is not a huge piece of meat, I know it is now there biggest, but it is there best, by far. Yachtsmen is very good, it is a good choice, but, and I am a steak eater, I would go with Shula's, hand's down. I have had all three of these places and LeCellier is my favorite but, if I was gonna go for the steak alone, Shula's would be my choice. Everything is pay by the piece, but we only paid slightly more at Shula's than we did anywhere else, it has a very good, adult atmosphere, good service, food was excellent, steak was awesome and huge. The only reason that I am not going this year is because my husband is not going and it will be just me and the kids, if husband was going, it would be a must do. I have heard that California Grill has a good steak but I have not had it, and they recently made some changes so I don't know if that affected anything. But, if you eat at Yachtsmen's, Le Cellier or Shula's you can't go wrong, they are all good.

Thanks, found it!
Grilled Bone-In Rib-Eye - 18 to 20-oz Bone-In Rib-Eye with Herb-Parmesan Potato Wedges and Roasted Garlic Butter - $54.00

The lamb looks good too.
No rack of lamb anymore. They had a venison rack.

I love LeCellier, but when I eat there, I am getting the filet with the risotto and although it is wonderful, it is not a huge piece of meat, I know it is now there biggest, but it is there best, by far. Yachtsmen is very good, it is a good choice, but, and I am a steak eater, I would go with Shula's, hand's down. I have had all three of these places and LeCellier is my favorite but, if I was gonna go for the steak alone, Shula's would be my choice. Everything is pay by the piece, but we only paid slightly more at Shula's than we did anywhere else, it has a very good, adult atmosphere, good service, food was excellent, steak was awesome and huge. The only reason that I am not going this year is because my husband is not going and it will be just me and the kids, if husband was going, it would be a must do. I have heard that California Grill has a good steak but I have not had it, and they recently made some changes so I don't know if that affected anything. But, if you eat at Yachtsmen's, Le Cellier or Shula's you can't go wrong, they are all good.

I love the filet at Le Cellier, but it is too big for me. If my husband or son also get the filet, I can give them the rest. But if son isn't along and husband gets the ribeye, I have left over steak. I wish they had a five or six oz filet.

MinnieLovesMickey12, My 21 year old loves that steak! It's also pretty big! LOL!
I recommend anything at Yachtsman Steakhouse too.

Welcome to the Dis Mr. Mannn! I'll bet you have really good steak restaurants in Iowa. The chances you'll find anything as good are slim, the chances for anything better are probably none. I'd suggest trying something else, but if it's beef or nothing, go to Shula's.:earsboy:

Shula's is nice, but they charge for everything separately.
These prices are for the meat only...want a side? Pay more

And they are not on the Disney dining plan. Prices like this will keep riff raff like me out.

that is exactly how a real steakhouse operates. Ruth's Chris, Mortons, Shula's. they are definitely splurge moments

I thought the ribeye at Yachtsman was exceptional...one of the best steaks I've ever had, and I was born and raised in Nebraska, lived there for 24 years, have lived in Buffalo, NY for the last 15. You won't be disappointed with Yachtsman!

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive 32GB using the DISBoards App

No rack of lamb anymore. They had a venison rack.
Venison?! OK, that's something I have never eaten. Who would have thought roast Bambi would be available in Disney?

Has anyone tried the venison?

I've had rattlesnake, alligator, and frogs legs...but never succulent doe-eyed deer.

Yachtsman. I'm a steak snob, and Yachtsman (Aside from Shula's) has the best steaks in my opinion. If you want more of center cut, try the one at California Grill.

the best steak i have ever had in the world is the strip at flying fish, with cg running a very close 2nd. pixiedust: i have had shula's, lecellier, cg, narcoossee's, and yachtsman, but the best flavor due to the way it is prepared is at the flying fish. that is not to put the others down because they are also great. i found shula's to not be as tasty as the others,:rolleyes2 just bigger.

Venison?! OK, that's something I have never eaten. Who would have thought roast Bambi would be available in Disney?

Has anyone tried the venison?

I've had rattlesnake, alligator, and frogs legs...but never succulent doe-eyed deer.

Well, Bambi wasn't doe-eyed because Bambi was a stag. But we haven't had the venison either.

that is exactly how a real steakhouse operates. Ruth's Chris, Mortons, Shula's. they are definitely splurge moments

Shortly after my LAST (and I mean LAST) meal at LeCellier, I went to Gibson's steak house in Chicago.

And guess what, even though they charge "extra" for everything not only was it dramatically better then LeCellier, it actually cost about the same :rotfl2:

So based on that LeCellier is also a "splurge" moment (and for me it was more of a rip off moment LOL!)

Head off site to the Waldorf Astoria at Bonnet Creek and have dinner at the Bull and Bear. A huge tomahawk ribeye as long as MONEY IS NO OBJECT! We had an awesome meal there!

While not a rib eye I can honestly say that the Prime Rib at Boatwrights was one of our best meals!

Kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter