Where can I get my new AP and keep plans?

disndatworld

Mouseketeer
Hi,

We are going to WDW next week and I have a new AP that is not yet activated. We are arriving at MCO Tuesday mid-evening, and our plans were to do RD at DHS on Wednesday morning.

[edited] I am staying offsite...

I'm trying to figure out where to pick up the AP before parking (since parking is paid for by AP holders), and I'd like to try to keep our plans around RD at DHS.

Can anybody help me with what you think would be the best way to go about this?

Thanks!

Last edited:
You can get it any Guest Service locations and at Disney Springs, but not at the resorts themselves. I assume you are renting a car or something, hence the concerns about paying for parking?

Hi,

We are going to WDW next week and I have a new AP that is not yet activated. We are arriving at MCO Tuesday mid-evening, and our plans were to do RD at DHS on Wednesday morning.

I'm trying to figure out where to pick up the AP before parking (since parking is paid for by AP holders), and I'd like to try to keep our plans around RD at DHS.

Thanks!

Where are you staying? If it's an Epcot resort just go to International Gateway GS booth.

If not, then I would go to Disney Springs to do it.

If you can't swing either you can get your parking refunded at GS after you activate.

I don't have experience but heard someone say that if you pay for parking before you activate your AP they will just reimburse you with a Disney gift card. Also, i think I've heard you can activate your AP at Disney springs guest relations before you go to the park.

You don't need to make a special trip to DS. The APs are in your MDE account, correct? Then they will show up on your MB. We just did this last month: When we arrived at the park, we told the parking attendant that we had new APs that were not activated. He/She scanned my MB to verify a purchased AP and let us through. We then activated them at Guest Services, which took just a few minutes.

Hi,

[edited] I am staying offsite...

Thanks!
You might have to pay for parking but keep your receipt and show it to guest relashion and they will refund your money. Friend did this when she first got her AP

You don't need to make a special trip to DS. The APs are in your MDE account, correct? Then they will show up on your MB. We just did this last month: When we arrived at the park, we told the parking attendant that we had new APs that were not activated. He/She scanned my MB to verify a purchased AP and let us through. We then activated them at Guest Services, which took just a few minutes.

This doesn't always happen. We were told to pay for parking and get our refund after activation. This was at the TTC.

I would agree that stopping at Disney Springs would be your best option if you want to be 100% sure you won’t have to pay for parking. You could activate the pass and have dinner and then move on to your hotel.

I would agree that stopping at Disney Springs would be your best option if you want to be 100% sure you won’t have to pay for parking. You could activate the pass and have dinner and then move on to your hotel.
but Disney will 100% refund your money if you do have to pay

but Disney will 100% refund your money if you do have to pay

Sorry, I meant have to front up the money and get the refund, which could add time to a transaction that they sound like they don’t want to deal with first thing in the morning. I am assuming they are trying to get to SDD with the rope drop crowd and don’t want to spend time taking care of this when they could do it the night before. Plus, not everyone carries cash or wants to put small charges like the parking fee on a credit card. The best option if they want to put out zero money and zero time in the morning is getting it done the day before.

When I got my last AP activated, it took about 20 minutes start to finish. Not a huge amount of time, but when you’re watching the lines at the tapstiles get longer by the second, it will feel much longer. Why deal with that if there is an alternative?

I think I would just pay the parking and head to the first ticket window I see and get the AP activated and reimbursed for your parking. Unless you want to spend time at Disney Springs on your first evening at WDW.

Thanks, everyone. I will pay the parking and get the reimbursement. Minor work-around.
Get there early if you were planning to rope drop SDD. If not, you may be well behind the crowds. You will have to activate first which if others are in line, may delay you. I would go to DS the night before and be ready to go.

Like PPs have said, if it's essential that you activate the night before, then DS Guest Services is your best bet. I, on the other hand, would get to HS early the next morning and activate it at the Guest Services window outside the park. They have been very helpful to us in the past.

Got it the the night before from Disney Springs. We were able to make a good rope-drop at DHS this a.m. Unfortunately, Rock-n-Roller Coaster was down and so our main reasons for getting there early were kind of blown. We did everything we wanted to and left @2:30 this afternoon. Nice meal at Boma. Good day.

Thanks for those that pitched in on where to pick up the AP!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter