Where can I get milk??

letsgoagainsoon

North Central PA
Can I get milk at all the Counter Service locations? Also, do they have milk at the Baby Care Centers?

TIA

Yes, they have those small bottles of milk at the counter service restaurants as well as the food courts in the resorts.
I have not been in a baby care center in years, someone else will have to answer that for you.

I've also read that you can buy milk at resort gift shops and it may be cheaper there than food court. We're planning to check both gift shop and food court.

Yes, if it is a resort with DVC attached they have a small grocery section in the gift shop. The prices and selection will be better in there.
If you are staying in a value or moderate they won't sell groceries in the gift shop at all (well, maybe candy and stuff but not real food that requires a kitchen to store and prepare.)

You can buy milk all over. In the baby care center they have formula for sure, I am not sure about milk though.

Yes, if it is a resort with DVC attached they have a small grocery section in the gift shop. The prices and selection will be better in there.
If you are staying in a value or moderate they won't sell groceries in the gift shop at all (well, maybe candy and stuff but not real food that requires a kitchen to store and prepare.)

That's not quite correct, all of the resort gift shops including value, moderate and deluxe will have a sundries section. You can find bread, peanut butter, donuts, milk, juice, soda etc. You can also find baby items like formula and diapers in a very limited selection. So, while the DVC will have more options like hot pockets and microwave meals all the resorts will offer a reasonable amount of sundries.

I have found like a pp that the the gift shop milk & bread for example is a bit cheaper than the food court.

You can find milk at every counter serve and sit down restaurant and all the food courts as well. Not sure about the baby care centers but its plentyful and easy to find everywhere.

TJ

Our child is still on whole mil and we consistently have trouble finding restaurants that offer whole as an option. Anyone have any insight into how WDW restaurants (sit-down and counter-service) handle this?

It varies at WDW as well but most have at least 2% milk. CBR had whole in the gift shop and sunshine seasons at Epcot definately had whole.

The difference in the milk fat is not that significant that for most typical kids drinking a few servings of skim, 1% or 2% won't make much difference.

IIRC my ped had the kids on 2% by 2 and then down to 1% not long after 3ish anyway.

TJ

I am wondering this as well, but rather than chance it, I think we will just order whole milk from Garden Grocer along with bottled water, juice and other things for the room. We are calorie boosting DD4 (we give her whole milk plus heavy cream at home) so 10 days of only 2% and without cream could make a big difference for her...especially since we will be on vacation and she probably will be not eating as much due to distraction and excitement.

Good idea, then! I can understand - my son has food allergies, and I used to have some soy milk and snacks always in the room for him to have (we also used to have to give him extra soy high calorie mix daily in some soy milk).

Maybe also call the gift shop of your resort - I'm sure if you call the resort they will connect you. Since it's a health issue, maybe they can arrange to have a supply of whole milk for you if they don't normally carry it? Or they may have it? If it were me, though, I'd feel more comfortable KNOWING it's there for you, so Garden Grocer may be worth the $.

Parmalat make whole milk juice boxes, too. So you could get enough for the whole time, and just chill a couple of days' worth at a time. Nothing worse than milk going bad (although the fat in whole milk makes it stay fresh much longer than skim).

I actually called coronado springs and asked this specific question. they said that they did have whole milk - though it was pricey - like 4.58 or something for 1/2 gallon I think...., but I am really only going to give it to my son in the morning, he is almost done with bottles as he is almost a year, but seems to really like that morning bottle of whole milk. Other then that, I will just give him milk at dinner and give him water or juice with lunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter