• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where can I buy WDW gift cards to use on trip?

sandymandr

DIS Veteran
Hi! I know this is not the correct forum for this question, but was not sure where else to put it, sorry! Can someone tell me what retailers sell WDW gift cards that I could get for my niece and neph to use on our trip? Their bday is upcoming and I want to give them each money to spend at WDW, but want to do so on a gift card. If I buy a disney card from like Walmart or Kroger (assuming they sell them?), can they be used in the parks to buy merchandise? TIA!!

I know Walgreens sells them as well as any Disney Store. We purchased gif cards & park tickets @ our Disney Store for our trip a few weeks ago.
Yes Disney gift cards can be used for anything clothes, food!

I know Walgreens sells them as well as any Disney Store. We purchased gift cards & park tickets @ our Disney Store for our trip a few weeks ago.
Yes Disney gift cards can be used for anything clothes, food!

You can also get them online at the Disney Store. They have a lot of really cute styles and shipping is FREE I just ordered some and got them within a week! Minimum amount to order is $25. :goodvibes

Oooh! I just realized this was my 1000th post!!!!! :cool1::cool1:

Others have already answered the first part of where (pretty much anywhere that sells gift cards)

But for the second, yes they can use them anywhere that can take a credit card which is pretty much everywhere. People have even reported that the walk around balloon vendors have portable swipers.

There maybe be some non Disney stores in the parks that don't take them like the main store in Japan.

I buy mine at Sam's Club. I get the $100 Disney gift card with bonus $10 Disney Store gift card for $99.96. Then I have my gift card to use at Disney and my gift card to use at the Disney Store.

I buy mine at Sam's Club. I get the $100 Disney gift card with bonus $10 Disney Store gift card for $99.96. Then I have my gift card to use at Disney and my gift card to use at the Disney Store.

Does your Sam's still have these. I haven't seen them since 2 Xmases ago?

This past holiday time it was 75 with a pin.

I'm sure there are a few places that don't take the cards, but we almost exclusively use the cards as our spending money and have yet to find a store, restaurant, or kiosk that doesn't take them. The large store in Japan definitely takes them as my DD has used them for her pick-a pearl. :)

When you go to your Sam's store ask the customer service, last week my Sam's Store had them in the back of the store, they said gift cards where not a big ticket item this time of year.

When you go to your Sam's store ask the customer service, last week my Sam's Store had them in the back of the store, they said gift cards where not a big ticket item this time of year.

Which one did you get the 75 or the 100.

The thing is though they do have other gift cards out. For itunes and all the other normal places like Olive Garden.

I get ours at Kroger.... plus they're having 4X fuel points for every gift card amount you purchase. I try to only get them when they're doing the 4X points. (but usually they do 2X points everyday on cards)

but yes, you can use them on Disneystore.com and in the parks and to pay your vacation! ( I also buy ours w/ our Disney Visa to get the Disney dollars too!) :thumbsup2

They sure do! I saw them there last weekend and I plan on going back this weekend to pick some up for my trip next week. I'm in SC; if it makes a difference.

:)I was wondering to, I noticed all the stores you are naming but, Sam's Club and Walgreens is in the south, is there any other stores up north that sells the wdw gift card?
:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter