• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where are your parents from?

Both my parents were from South Philly. My husband and I were in Disney a few years ago a met some people that actually knew my family. Something they said made me ask if they were from the area, and they were. My grandparents owned a bakery in South Philly that was somewhat well known in the area.

Mom- a small town in Utah but was raised in Las Vegas
Dad- Las Vegas, Nevada

My mother was a beach girl from Los Angeles, my dad was born in a barn in rural Texas.....guess how that turned out

My parents grew up in the same small town in the coal fields of southern West Virginia. If you've ever seen the movie "Matewan," that's about 10 miles from where my parents grew up.

Dad's family had lived there for generations. Mom moved there when she was 7. Her father died and my grandmother moved the family there to be near my grandfather's sister and husband, who helped them.

Last edited:
Dad was from a small town outside of Altoona, PA and Mom was from McKeesport, PA. After the US entered WWII both of my Grandfathers end up getting jobs at the Navy Shipyard in Philadelphia. The families ended up living across the street from each other .

My dad was born in Shanghai, China, moved to San Mateo California when he was 2, and to Sacramento when he was an adult.

My mom was born in Winslow District, Saskatchewan, Canada. No high school there so she and her siblings went to boarding school in Saskatoon 110 miles away during the school year. Moved to Winnipeg as an adult, then Minneapolis, then Sacramento.

Me, In 62 years I've never lived more than 6 miles from where I am right now.

My mom is from a small town in Indiana, my dad is from a small town about 30 miles from Pittsburgh. They met in San Antonio thanks to the Air Force

My mom was from Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
My dad was from Aberdeen, Washington. My parents were first cousins but no blood relation. My mom and her twin sister were adopted by my paternal grandfather's sister and her husband as toddlers

Both born and raised in a remote, rural community in northern Alberta. There was never a time they didn't know one another and they lived and died never having lived anywhere else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter