Where are you staying and why?

SSR! It’s our home DVC resort and have not stayed there in a while and we miss it. We love how relaxing it is there, the proximity of Disney Springs ... and it’s a great value in DVC points world. Such a gem.

Our last stays were Aulani, AKV-Kidani, VGF, Poly bungalow and BWV. We loved all of them for different reasons, but early next year, it’s time to go home to SSR! :)

Wilderness Lodge - Girls trip. My first trip to Disney without my husband since I started dating him so I'm excited to do a girls trip again. My friend hasn't been to Disney since a little kid and Wilderness Lodge was the cheapest of the Deluxe hotels to choose from. Our main focus is Magic Kingdom so the location makes sense. Going this weekend really excited!
That is our absolute favorite resort and we've stayed there 10 times out of 11. You will love the upgrades and new Grill by the lake. Take the boat to MK and back, it's so relaxing and such a treat!

We try different resorts each trip. This time it's three nights at Pop because it looks fun and I know my kids will love it there, then five nights at AKL. I've always wanted to stay there and can't wait to have coffee watching animals from the balcony- seems so peaceful there!
How fun! We are staying at AKL for the first time this July and I was looking forward to the same thing!

I have 3 trips planned this year:

May - 3 way split stay, with 2 nights GF, 2 nights AKL Kidani, 5 nights BWI. FQ is my go-to, but I couldn’t resist the AP discount. With SWGE coming, I think that it will be a long time before I have an opportunity to book Deluxe at 40% off again. So I’m splurging. I also played around with my reservation a LOT and at different points, had days booked at CBR, AKL non-dvc, WL, YC, CR, and POR. I also considered Universal for 1, 3 and then 2 days before deciding on Disney only. But my plan is finally set now. I think. Lol

August - 8 nights BWI. This is my birthday trip, so I booked my favorite Resort when Sun & Fun was available in the Summer. I was initially planning to play around with the reservation and possibly split the second half of the trip, but the only thing currently available is rack rate. So I’ll be keeping an eye out for an AP discount, but may just keep the reservation as is.

November/December - 5 nights POR, 5 nights FQ. I’m planning to arrive on Thanksgiving, so discount availability will be questionable. I’m booked rack rate for now and am ok with the cost. But I’ll be on the lookout for discounts and may change to either all POR or all FQ if either becomes available for a cheaper rate.
I wanted to ask about AP discounts. This is my first year having it and I haven't gotten it yet - will activate it once I arrive at the resort in July. Can I get discounts on my AP before I activate it? How does that work?

Poly in June since it’s an extended family trip with four kids. The transportation choices and themeing made it an easy decision since it will be a first trip for everyone we are traveling with.

Boardwalk Labor Day weekend for an adults only trip. Easy access to epcot and restaurants/bars! First time staying there and looking forward to it.

This time DH is taking us all to the DVC part of GF. He has stayed there twice during the marathons. Otherwise we have stayed at GF and Poly.
I’m excited to have us guaranteed to all be together (there are 8 of us). With the last few trips we lucked out to have adjoining rooms, but this time we wont’ have to worry.

We try different resorts each trip. This time it's three nights at Pop because it looks fun and I know my kids will love it there, then five nights at AKL. I've always wanted to stay there and can't wait to have coffee watching animals from the balcony- seems so peaceful there!
Enjoy AKL! We loved it.

So which resort are you staying at for your next trip and why?
For our next trip we are staying at CBR. We are only bringing 3 kids so we can stay in a room for 5 and out of POR and CBR we prefer the pool and theming at CBR. Oh and I have my fingers crossed the Skyliner will be open for our trip :D

Next trip is our first stay at the Poly! Chose it for the view of the castle and fireworks, monorail and dining options, and for the kids splash area.

We’ll see if the Poly becomes my new favorite above BC and GF. Yeah, the bar is high :)

Shades of Green (though this year we're doing the first night at All Star Sports so as to take the Magical Express from the airport--first time doing this). We just can't beat the price of the rooms (my dad's rank is in the lowest cost category), we loooooove the breakfast buffet, have good experiences with the transport, I can easily go for a run around the grounds (and even pop over to GF/Poly if I want to run there too), and the room is huge and each adult gets their own sleeping space (my dad likes the couch-bed, so my brother and I each get a bed to ourselves).

BCV first week of September for our next trip. We had been planning on doing a trip to Hilton Head as a bit of a getaway but when the 7 month booking window opened there was availability at BCV for a studio. We have AP's so figured we would do HHI another time and take advantage of being able to get a BCV studio and relax there instead. They later announced Star Wars opening so we are now lucked out and now can just walk over for that. We are excited but it just became a bit less about relaxing and more about Star Wars.

Cabins at FW. It's our favorite! For our June trip, we booked CBR, but ended up switching back to the cabins. We like the boat to MK, and how quiet it is. Both DH and DS need quiet downtime to just chill, and sitting on the deck is perfect!

Staying at POP this May/June because we’re a family of five (I blinked and we’re all big kids now) and it’s an “economical” way to get the two bathrooms we need to get moving in the morning (twin DDs can suck the time right out of the room whereas DS can be out the door in five or less...). DH and I popped down last September for one night to snag the free QS bounce back deal. I’ve since upgraded one room to DxD. Celebrating the twin DDs college graduations and it’ll be the first time we’ve all been together for more than a day since the high school graduation trip four years ago! I guess we’re excited!!!!! pixiedust:

GF in December for 10 glorious days! This trip means a lot because it's a gift to my mom and I'm finally at a place where I can do things like this and treat her. Every time we go we obsess over the resort so this really will be our "dream" stay. Our trips are as much about leisure and relaxing as they are about going to the parks so being on the monorail line to come and go as we please plus relaxing at the resort are our top two priorities. Our favorite park is MK so being THAT close is a dream. We're one of those people where the resort/hotel is a huge part of our vacation. I know for some the room is just a place to sleep but we've never felt that way. Probably why we don't mind paying so much for the room although I can't deny, those deluxe prices are HIGH.

We are staying at the Boardwalk Inn for the first time for 4 nights this June prior to our 7 night cruise on the Disney Fantasy. We chose the BWI for it's close proximity to two parks and some of our favorite restaurants. Since we are only staying 4 nights and no park hoppers we wanted to maximize our trip as much as we could. That and we changed to club level last month so that we could buy 3 additional FP+ at 90 days out and there were not many options left for CL. So BWI it is. We are looking forward to staying there. :banana:

Well, we have stayed at Contemporary, All Star Sports, Caribbean Beach twice, Disney Springs area hotels twice, POFQ my favorite because of the small size and pool and food court, and off site totally twice (once at Lowes Pacific in Universal). I got outvoted for the upcoming trip and we will be staying at Art of Animation. Reasons are two boys age 3 and 6 whose parents think the theming will amaze them, and I agree with that, but the walking won't amaze me, the grandmother! Also it is cheaper than POFQ, and we had hoped would also have the Skyliner operating in early September when we go, and has great pools and a good food court. we are splurging in May 2020 for a few days in AK Lodge, then again in June 2020 for son's convention housed at Boardwalk.

We are staying at the GF in 58 days! We stayed at the Poly the last time and looked across the water at THe GF thinking how beautiful it looks. This trip is to celebrate my DS graduating middle school. He got a full scholarship to high school and deserves a surprise. My kids all love the MK so his one request was to be on the monorail. He thinks we are staying at the Wilderness Lodge and he didnt even complain about no monorail. I hope he is surprised.

We are staying at the Boardwalk Inn for the first time for 4 nights this June prior to our 7 night cruise on the Disney Fantasy. We chose the BWI for it's close proximity to two parks and some of our favorite restaurants. Since we are only staying 4 nights and no park hoppers we wanted to maximize our trip as much as we could. That and we changed to club level last month so that we could buy 3 additional FP+ at 90 days out and there were not many options left for CL. So BWI it is. We are looking forward to staying there. :banana:
Just returned from a week's stay at BWI CL last night. Lovely resort, the best overall CL staff I've met so far, and great locale for those who enjoy HS and Epcot. The nearby restaurants are just another plus and keep in mind that FF offers room service for those times when you just feel like hanging out in your room.

The CL FP system is a fantastic time saver especially on shorter trips no matter which CL you stay at:cool:.

Cabins at FW. It's our favorite! For our June trip, we booked CBR, but ended up switching back to the cabins. We like the boat to MK, and how quiet it is. Both DH and DS need quiet downtime to just chill, and sitting on the deck is perfect!

Ditto, we are in the cabins in July.... there will be 6 of us this trip so that is what pushed us to the cabins!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter