• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where are you staying and why?

May staying offsite with DD. Last minute trip.
Sept POP with DSIL and DN for 2 weeks. I love POP but also wanted to save money as we are also doing HHN at US and won't be in the room much.
Dec AKL Kidani (We are DVC) taking DM for Xmas and haven't stayed there during Xmas yet. It is one of our favorite (and Home) resorts.

Next week.. staying at CBR with the 4 kiddos.
It was reasonably priced compared to others . We had already stayed Pop and POR so we wanted to try somewhere different.
Staying onsite for fastpass+ and dining plan.. and DME from airport.. 4 kids two carseats on my on ease is my top priority.

CSR Halloween weekend

Why: DD, DS and I stayed there on a trip without DH a few years ago so we want him to try the resort. We really enjoyed it and are looking forward to staying there again. Our favorite place to stay is BC/YC when we go but this is a long weekend trip so DD can run the F&W 1/2 marathon. We hadn't planned on DW this year due to DS graduating from college then DD's wedding but...So, now a "budget" trip to my happy place!

So which resort are you staying at for your next trip and why?

POFQ...this will be our third time staying here out of 5 trips. we are going 10/1 to 10/10. I love size, the quietness, the decor. I am probably in the minority but I will pay more to stay here than at a value. I have stayed at ASM on our first trip but once I stayed here I was hooked. Love it.

The BoardWalk. Location. Location. Location!
We love Epcot and you can’t beat walking to 2 parks.

We are staying in All Star Sports because my son picked it out. The trip is for him in congratulations for making it to 6th grade. Even though I'm a resident, I typically always pick the value resorts. I'm only in the room to sleep and shower and do a couple of days pool time, so I don't need fancy. :D

Our next family trip will be at Pop. It's a longer trip than we've ever taken with the kids and we've added some extras, so in order to stay in budget we knew we had to go for less expensive choices somewhere, so between that and the gondolas we decided Pop was the way to go this time. :)

The BoardWalk. Location. Location. Location!
We love Epcot and you can’t beat walking to 2 parks.

This is why I love, love, love YC, BC, and Boardwalk. :) DH & I honeymooned at POR (in its Dixie Landings days), so I definitely have a soft spot for that one as well, but while we enjoyed the boat to Disney Springs (Downtown Disney at the time) nothing beats being able to walk to EPCOT.

Were doing a split stay the week of the 4th of July 3 nights at AKL and 4 nights at Polynesian. I have only stayed at each once before and only for 1 night when i was little. AKL because it looks so nice and we love animal kingdom . Theres a large group of my family going some who have never stayed before. Then were doing poly for the 4th of july location and large rooms. Love being that close to magic kingdom. Tried contemporary last year and it just wasnt for us. Some of the ppl in my family are worried they are going to regret not staying at YC because they love Epcot. Hoping they are not disappointed as I planned the trip.

AKL Jambo, because it was a childhood dream, my kids love animals, and on our last trip we ate there and I adored sitting at the overlook and using the night vision goggles to animal watch!

This is why I love, love, love YC, BC, and Boardwalk. :) DH & I honeymooned at POR (in its Dixie Landings days), so I definitely have a soft spot for that one as well, but while we enjoyed the boat to Disney Springs (Downtown Disney at the time) nothing beats being able to walk to EPCOT.
My first ever trip to Disney was a 14 night stay at Dixie Landings in 1996. It was my parents, siblings and my bf, now husband. It will always have a huge soft spot for us as well!

Until now we've only stayed in the Family Suites at AoA and ASMu. We're a family of 5 and strongly prefer 2 bedrooms, so that's where we'll continue to be for all of our family trips. Our next trip is going to be our first adults only trip. We're currently booked at POFQ. We wanted to try a moderate since we're not locked into a value suite this time, and when we researched we liked the small size and general ambiance of FQ. That said, the more we talk about specific plans the more I feel like staying Moderate is a waste of money this trip. It's such a short trip that DH and I are leaning toward being in the parks from RD to close. We were planning on taking the boat to DS one night, but now we've decided that we're skipping DS in favor of the parks. Trip isn't until November, so we'll keep things as-is for now and see what happens when fall discounts come out. I suspect that I'll be pushing to try POP and DH will insist on splurging since we expect this to be our only kid-free trip.

Last edited:
We are staying at All Star Music because we are a family of 6 and it is the least expensive options. Technically we could do a tiny bit cheaper with 2 standard rooms instead of a suite, but it’s was worth the extra $200 for the entire week to have one room so we don’t have to worry about them being near each other and have all the dining credits on the same magic bands.

In 9 days we will be headed to AKL Club Level for 9 days. Why? because we have never stayed there.
Christmas week we will be back at Beach Club Club Level water view. Why? Because it's our favorite so far and our girls love Storm along Bay.

Will be at AoA (cars suite) February 2020. Only two boys will be with us, but three sleeping surfaces are a must and I expect that two bathrooms will feel like a big plus. After learning about the suite layout, the boys haven't been interested in any one room accommodations I've shown them, no matter how nice. I am sooo looking forward to the trip!!!

ETA Gondolas! 8-)

Last edited:
Our other two trips, we stayed at POR, which we love, and will return to again in the future. This trip, we are splurging and staying at YC. Originally it was going to be BC, but YC's summer discount was significantly better. I think we'll be very happy there, anyway, because it seems like a great resort for a couple's trip. On our last trip, way back in 2013, we walked around the Boardwalk area one evening and just fell in love with it. It doesn't hurt that Epcot WS is our favorite part of WDW. We decided back then that we would stay there before we have kids, so we are doing just that this summer. It's also our 9th anniversary treat. Clearly most people do big trips for their 10th, but what's to stop us from doing it for our 9th instead? ;) We're so excited to walk to Epcot, swim in Stormalong Bay, and enjoy the Boardwalk area!

Last edited:
CR in July b/c we try to always stay at the MK resorts. We usually prefer Poly but decided to change it up b/c CR was slightly cheaper this time.

We are staying the first 7 nights in a studio at The Poly, the final 4 nights are at Kidani in a studio. This is the annual trip using DVC points. Kidani is a favorite and we wanted to try the Poly because we have never stayed there before.

For my October trip, it is just my son and I and we are going for Food & Wine Fest and MNSSHP. So we are staying at Beach Club due to the walking distance to Epcot since we will be spending most of our time there.

For my December trip we are staying at the Poly Club Level Theme Park View. This will most likely be the last trip to Disney with both kids so we are splurging.

This trip (my 10th!) is going to be a first time deluxe stay at the Poly. We originally began the trip staying at Coronado, then switched to All Star Sports...then we landed on the Poly. Its been a crazy change but I don't think we'll be changing again. My friend and I chose Poly because we'd always wanted to stay there, and its convenience to a lot of tours and events we're doing will be great. I've been on an active campaign to try new things, including resorts. So, Poly is going to be my new home in June!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter