Where are the people who have actually used MB/FP+ and hated it?

roomthreeseventeen

Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher
It seems most of the posts on this board are from the following categories:

1. People who haven't been to WDW since testing was rolled out to all resorts.
2. People who have been, and loved MB/FP+
3. People who have been, had some criticisms but overall still liked the entire experience.

So, if you have actually experienced the new stuff and hated it, speak now, please.

We were part of the testing and our actual experience was that 3 FP+s per day aren't enough for our family. Tiers make that limit even worse.

FP+ is the only part of the MM+ that I don't like. The bands were convenient when they worked properly, which wasn't 100% of the time.

I agree with you but this is the internet where you should belive half (if not less) of what you read. You are going to have people on here saying they hated it just to prove you wrong. :thumbsup2'

But again I do agree with you, most of the post I have read from people who have actaully been there and used it have like it for the most part. You will alway have those people who hate change not matter what you do.

I had MagicBands and thought they were just meh. Convenient, sure, but I didn't care for wearing it on my wrist. Didn't help that mine didn't open the room the first time either without going back to the front desk.

I didn't have access to FP+ due to my particular situation and the test parameters in place at the time (visiting with a CM friend using guest passes). So you could say I hated FP+ because I didn't have access to it.

So put me in Category 4: People who have been, had some criticisms but overall were unimpressed.

So, if you have actually experienced the new stuff and hated it, speak now, please.

I've used it.

I really liked prebooking Soarin and TT from home, sleeping in, going over to Epcot, spending about six hours there which included riding Soarin and TT, having a meal and walking around WS at a leisurely pace.

Too bad I'll never get to do that again.

Yes, I am the apologist queen. Seriously, I want to know since I haven't seen any posts from people who have actually used these things and hated them. But thanks for being so mean.

WillAustin strikes me as too nice a guy and too measured a poster to use the word "hate", but it seems to me he didn't like them very much right there in Post #2.

I probably don't need to use FP+ to know that I don't want to be tiered.

Or limited to only 1 FP per attraction.

Or limited to using FP+ in only 1 park.

Guess I'm crazy that way.

Fast pass plus hated it. Magic band convenient but a pain to wear on hot sweaty day. If they place fast pass plus in permanently I will not go to Disney as often really hate it.

Ok so here you go. I just got back on Sunday, had MB/FP+ and yep, I hated it.

The MB part was all good for the most part. We had a few issues with it not opening the room door, or not scanning properly at the FP+ scanners but mostly the MB part was good. Although personally I didn't find it all that "easier" than pulling out a KTTW card to be honest. But I'm a tech geek so I found the idea of them at least interesting enough.

The part I hated was FP+. It completely changed the way we toured the park and not in a good way. It made park hopping difficult, it made doing the rides the way we are used to impossible and to be completely honest it frustrated the heck out of us. As long time Disney visitors, we found ourselves just over the whole thing. In fact we ended up leaving Disney 2 days earlier than planned and added nights to our Universal part of the vacation. Going from the frustration of tiered fast passes, schedules, no park hopping enjoyment and only 3 fast passes a day to unlimited Express Pass and no scheduling and easy park hopping was like heaven on earth.

So yeah, I can and will say I hated FP+ and next trip will just be Universal only, at least until Disney maybe fixes some things with this new system. It's just too much hassle, too much planning and too little reward.

Yes, I am the apologist queen. Seriously, I want to know since I haven't seen any posts from people who have actually used these things and hated them. But thanks for being so mean.

:wave2:

Hi. I was at WDW from October 19-26, 2013. I used the FP+ system and hated it. You can look at my old posts to see what I hated about it, because I have posted about it. I also filled out Disney's post-trip tester survey and told them I hated it.

The MBs were alright when they worked. I did end up liking them more than I expected to. FP+ was a big dud, though.

The orginal questions in this thread are flawed from the start.

Pass the Kool Aid. That really gets their juices flowing.

I know that they don't count but I would love to see even these skewed questions to this FAIL of a thread posed to off-site guests who like E ticket attractions but have no access to FP+ over the Holidays. They are going to love them some FP+ when there are no FP- available when the majority of them arrive for such attractions as RRC, Soarin, TT, TSM and Lord knows what else.

The 10 to 15 posters on here who think that FP+ is great........god bless.

The 100 to 115 posters who don't, we are just anti-Disney all of a sudden after giving them our business for 30+ years in many cases. You know buying their timeshares, staying in their resorts, etc. We just hate change. We are old and stuck in our ways.

Our family should be happy with 3 FP+ for our trip (even with tiering) for a single park a day during our trip right before Christmas.

Why? Because Disney has decided that is the way it should be. End of discussion, period.

MDE - for accessing the front gates, rooms, charging -- if Disney really wants to track their guests, fine by me.

They should have left FP alone. But, hey, those bean counters only have our best interests in mind when they do these sort of things, right?::yes::

And yet, still no responses that say, "I have been and hated." Thanks! Have a super day.

I liked FP+ in general, but what I liked is now gone because of the tiers.

So yeah, put me in the column of used it and hate it.

And that two hours of my vacation I wasted as the front desk was trying to get my room key to work on the band, that stunk too.

I'm sure second hand stories don't count, but my friend who is a TA didn't like FP+. She liked the MB concept, but hated prebooking and the limit of 3.

Yep, we hated it too - went in October.

If it wasn't for our KTTW working for FP- and the lack of tiering at that point then the trip would have been awful.

There is no way 3 FP+ in one park in a day is near enough for us and now that tiering is in place - well what's the point of that? Just means we are back to getting in at rope drop to ride what we want to and then to be limited to 3 FP+ - how is that an improvement?

Honestly, we would just book all our FP+ for early times and then leave the park to go swimming or shopping off-site. There's no way I am going to spend hours waiting in lines. Disney really have made a huge mistake with this (IMO)

The MBs worked fine - no problem there but didn't see any benefits over a KTTW other than a few seconds less for charging purposes.

It seems most of the posts on this board are from the following categories:

1. People who haven't been to WDW since testing was rolled out to all resorts.
2. People who have been, and loved MB/FP+
3. People who have been, had some criticisms but overall still liked the entire experience.

And how many of the people in the venerable category #2 used FP+ during low crowds and also had access to FP- and no tiering? hmmmm?

I agree with you but this is the internet where you should belive half (if not less) of what you read. You are going to have people on here saying they hated it just to prove you wrong. :thumbsup2'

But, of course, everyone who loves FP+ is just being honest about it. Only the naysayers would make something up to support their position. ;)

You will alway have those people who hate change not matter what you do.

I'm all for change if it makes things better and against change if it makes things worse.

Don't worry about it. It seems that there are DIS stalkers around here lately. I myself have one:rotfl: Especially if you are posting something other than FP+ negativity.

Kind of funny actually.:flower3:

I just keep hoping that those who claim they are never coming back mean it,lol. I think some do, and I think most are just doing the DIS equivalent of a temper tantrum.

Well, what's not to like about prebooking FP+ without tiers and still being able to pull FP-? Not surprised there haven't been loads of bad reports.

For my selfish reasons, I hope FP+ is an utter disaster over the holiday season and changes are made in time for my February trip. One can dream ;).

WillAustin strikes me as too nice a guy and too measured a poster to use the word "hate", but it seems to me he didn't like them very much right there in Post #2.

Exactly. :thumbsup2 Thanks!

Based on our FP+ experience we are letting our APs expire on December 1st and I'm not sure when we will be planning another trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter