where are all the good single girls!!

22 is awfully young for you to be worried about him meeting someone!! He has so much time ahead of him, the right girl is bound to come along.

I married a man who (when he was in his early 20's) was shy, nervous around girls, and really only had one girlfriend before me. And let me tell you, he is such a wonderful husband and father! Caring, kind, funny, supportive, and genuine. Your son sounds a lot like him. Now my single girlfriends think I got the last good one. I tell them over and over...they need to look for a guy who is "2/3rds Nerd!" ;) Hehe.

Right now, there is a sweet girl out there who will not take him for granted, who will appreciate him for the great person he is. He just needs to take his time, not get discouraged, and stay true to himself.

But try not to rush things - I didn't meet my husband until we were both 26. Lots of my friends are in their late 20's/early 30's and are still single. It's pretty common these days, so the dating world is definitely NOT passing him by. :hug:

honugirl,

I can understand about being burned. If I didn't have such a good husband I'd probably just live alone with my pups too! A dog can be a much better companion than a man. I'd much rather scoop poop than clean pee splashed on my toilet seat :lmao:

honugirl,

I can understand about being burned. If I didn't have such a good husband I'd probably just live alone with my pups too! A dog can be a much better companion than a man. I'd much rather scoop poop than clean pee splashed on my toilet seat :lmao:

Oh, boy, I hear you there! At least I can train the dog... :rotfl2:

I'm just at the wrong age. The guys I want to date are generally in 35 and up, which means, usually the good ones are married or in a relationship, the rest are either divorced, divorced with children (knocks them out of contention immediately), schmucks that live with their parents and drink all the time, or video game junkies that only talk in bits, bytes, and all that other computer lingo. Oh well.

Well, i have never seen "good attractive girls" that arent attatched.
I also, have not seen "good attractive men" that arent attatched.
Maybe the single ones are either:
1. Not good.
2. Not good looking....
:confused3
popcorn::
Of course all this doesnt matter if the boy/girl CHOOSES to be single.

Unfortunately, too true. Most never-married unattached older people I know are simply not good looking. :confused3 The correlation is quite obvious.

Anyone who thinks "it's what's on the inside that counts" has their head in the sand. Appearances matter, or at least open the door for most people looking for relationships.

If I had the money and still cared about dating (pretty much decided to be forever single at this point), I would have cosmetic surgery to improve my appearance. That's how the game of life is played.

Unfortunately, too true. Most never-married unattached older people I know are simply not good looking. :confused3 The correlation is quite obvious.

Anyone who thinks "it's what's on the inside that counts" has their head in the sand. Appearances matter, or at least open the door for most people looking for relationships.

If I had the money and still cared about dating (pretty much decided to be forever single at this point), I would have cosmetic surgery to improve my appearance. That's how the game of life is played.

There are so many variables that can apply to people that never married and/or those that are unattached. I've known a number of women and men that are attractive, smart, have good jobs that have remained single and do not date. Some by choice, some not. Those that made that choice (that I know) actively shut themselves off from any opportunities. Those that didn't make that choice and would like companionship remained single mainly because they kept doing the same things (that weren't working for them socially).

I've seen many couples that have looked "mis-matched". Total opposites. I think they chose to be with each other because they communicated well and ultimately clicked.

Outward appearances do matter, but it's not a be all and end all deal.

I have to agree with that last statement. I think looks play a part in the beginning, but if you don't have more going on upstairs, you're looks aren't going to keep a quality person. BTW I totally disagree with the statement that older single people just aren't attractive. In my case, I just chose not to date for a while. I've only put myself back out there in the last few years and I really wasn't completely available until recently as I was preoccupied with somebody else. I've since let that person go and now I'm actively looking again. And I will also say, I won't settle. So, until THAT guy comes along, I'll just have a good time and make new friends for now.

My goodness he is only 22! If he has high standards, which is a good thing, he is better off waiting till he gets on with his life a bit and I bet he will find just the right person. Leave him alone for now. If you don't push him, he shouldn't be worried about finding a mate just yet. If he is lonely, well that is a different story.

Let him concentrate on his education and leave him alone. We tend to find our mate when we least expect to. ;)

I agree that 22 years old is a bit young to be so concerned with dating. I can understand wanting to meet new people and have new experiences but searching for someone to marry is probably a bit much for girls his age. Besides, it's the experiences we have finding the right partner (if that's what we want) that makes us appreciate them.

I'm sorry to those that feel they aren't willing to let themselves get hurt again. It can be devastating to open yourself up to the wrong person.

Good luck to everyone!!!

I'm just at the wrong age. The guys I want to date are generally in 35 and up, which means, usually the good ones are married or in a relationship, the rest are either divorced, divorced with children (knocks them out of contention immediately), schmucks that live with their parents and drink all the time, or video game junkies that only talk in bits, bytes, and all that other computer lingo. Oh well.

You could not have spoken truer words.

Dont worry and don't give up! He needs to focus on more important things right now (college) and not be so worried about not having a girlfriend. I'm sure he feels alot of pressure right now because he probably has friends who are in serious relationships and/or have gotten engaged.

My motto is, better off with no one versus the wrong one!

Tell him to hang in there, and someone will come along.

It took me 29 years to finally find a good guy. I found him on Myspace. I had met people online all the time and they were weird. Total loons. I met my DF and checked out his myspace page. It was nice to see him interacting with his family and friends on his page. It kind of gave me a view of how he interacts with people without putting on a show in front of someone. I hope that made sense...lol. My DF jokes with me and says that I stalked him..I kind of did I guess...:rotfl: but in all seriousness. He is young and I was glad that I was older when I found the person I was going to marry. These types of things shouldn't be rushed and when the right person comes along he will know it. :goodvibes

You could not have spoken truer words.

Thanks!

I totally agree here as well. Appearances do matter, a lot. I'm seriously considering cosmetic surgery as well.

Basic rule of thumb...Women love gangsters. Oh yea, they give a lot of talk about how they can't find a "good" man, but the fact is that very few look for them. They are attracted by macho men and recoil at the quiet semi conformist. If the body isn't hard and rippled you can practically hear the sound "ewwww" reverberating around inside the skull.

Men are always accused of being shallow, but women are at least side by side in the ankle deep pool if not closer to the shore than men. It instinctual, the procreation gene dictates that men be strong, virile and aggressive hunters. It's nature. None the less, it is why things are the way they are.

Has he tried the nudie bars? Lots of nice girls there. :teeth:

Least he's not 40 and looking. Every gal I meet has more baggage then a Samsonite warehouse.

Oh, you don't have to tell me.

I also don't do the bar scene (can't stand smoke), though I do drink some and tend to be quiet and shy except on certain subjects. I also don't do church or most social functions. All of my friends are either married with kids or they live out of state.

It seems that the only guys attracted to me are the 18-25 yo who only want sex, the 45+ guys who are only interested in sex, the Mexicans (mostly illegal immigrants around here) and the gangsta wanna-be's. Not what I'm looking for. :sad2:

Unfortunately, OP, I'm too old for your son. But he has lots of time yet. Don't push him into a relationship that you will al regret later.

Did he ask you to post this on the DIS? If so, I think I know what his problem is. Just kidding.

But in all seriousness, he's 22. Let him find his own way, make his own mistakes, meet the wrong person, meet the right person, find love, break up, be sad, be happy. He has to do this on his own, without any parental intervention, no matter how well intentioned.

I can't answer that. My daughter keeps going back to a 24 yr. old college drop out (well kicked out) unemployed alcoholic. She whines about his faults acutually leaves and sometimes meets nice guys just to go back with the loser. It's not just her there are several pretty, intelligent young ladies around here that seem to be attracted to these low lifes. Good luck to your son.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter