Where and when to eat (with cocktails)prior to MNNSHP?

Rpsemont

DIS Veteran
Looking for suggestions. We have tickets to MNNSHP for 10/26. I think we'd like to try and eat before we go. And we usually like to get in a couple cocktails before entereing MK since it ends up being a dry night (LOL!) Many posts have indicated that you might be able to get into MK as early as 4 or 5 with MNNSHP tickets, so I'm trying to figure out when and where to eat. Maybe a late lunch at a monorail resort around 4PM ish. We'll have a car, so we could also just get a pizza and have it in our room at BWV before heading over. We really HATE to take time to eat when we're at MNNSHP - TOO much else to do.
Any suugestions for Monorail restaurants? or save money and eat in the room?

I had to snicker as dh and I love to have a cocktail with dinner on vacation and MK just dosen't serve (which is ok btw). That said we LOVE the Concorse Steak at CR. They have a wonderful 5 onion soup and I love the ceasar salad. We had the good fortune to be staying at CR last trip and went for dinner or lunch a few times in April it was just terrific. I would suggest a late lunch if you think you can enter early or an early dinner if not, then a leisurely stroll over to MK for the party.

TJ

This is the same dilemma we have for the 10/19 MNSSHP that we're going to!! We don't know where to get PS's for dinner..... Thinking maybe GF Cafe... We'll see...

They will also serve appetizers at the bar across from the Concourse Steakhouse or you could go up to California Grill and sit at the bar. The lounge at WL has fantastic pub food and the burgers are fantastic!

I got a grin about being dry in the MK. We have been known to bring in two little bottles of baileys to put in our cappucino on a cool evening. I know..bad, bad, bad...but, hey, we're close to fifty and need the extra pep and pain relief to get by....that's our story and we're sticking to it!

I have to laugh...all the replies here are from MA residents. Hmmm, makes you wonder about us, LOL?
DH & I are the same way. When we are on vacation with the kids, dinner time is basically our only chance to have a drink for the night so we dont like to eat in the MK(plus the one time we did it was horrible). Our favorite restaurant in all of WDW is the Kona Cafe at the Poly. Great atmosphere, food and service, all the times we have gone. And the drinks are just as good as the food! ;)
Another option if you want to save money and eat in the room, do that and then hit one of the lounges along the monorail loop before heading to the MK.

I also agree that Kona would be a great spot for dinner pre-MNSSHP. We dined here before MVMCP last year. I think they start serving dinner at 5pm, so if you get one of the first PS's, you will be in time for the party. I, for one, have never felt the need to get into the MK extra early before the party starts.

I was laughing at the Bailey's comment. I was at bag search one day and a man was trying to take in a six pack of Milller Lite. The gurard let thier snack food in, but took away the Miller Lite. The man was teasing the guard that MK took reinforcement. (I really think the person trying to bring in the beer did not know better, he was very aplogetic and told the guard just to take it. The gurad gave him the option of going back to his car or hotel. The man indicated they were planning to rent a locker and he figured he would just put it in the locker with thier snack food.)

I've been wondering where to "get fortified" before MNSSHP too! Hadn't thought about Kona but it's starting to sound like a good idea.

We had a wonderful time at Liberty Tree Taverrn--hubby I believe was enamoured with our Carribean waitress :) But unfortunately no drinks at the MK. Might I suggest a quick nip before entering the park--MNSSHP was a highlight for our trip!

Thanks for the ideas. I hadn't thought about Wilderness lodge and I know DD would enjoy anywhere at the poly. She seems attracted to that place for some reason. I called WDW today who would not confirm that you could get into MK early with just MNNSHP tickets. I think these will be our only hours in MK so this trip so I wanted to try and get a little more time.

We have been known to bring in two little bottles of baileys to put in our cappucino on a cool evening.

Have you ever noticed that CR seems to have an extraordinary supply of nips?LOL!

Hey, I like the idea of a little Baileys to keep warm. We're going in Dec. and it might just do the trick.

Just add another Massachusetts drinking vote for me :goodvibes

I'm not really from Mass but Michigan....but we have relatives in Mass so we are sort of honorary citizens (GO SOX!!).

Hey, I figure that they know when you buy the little bottles in their stores (along the monorail route) that some of them will end up in MK.

And anyway...it's entirely for medicinal purposes! Again...that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!!!!

Hmm... A little Bailey's in the camera case.....

hehe... I think the Poly is sounding like a good plan of attack. See you guys at Kona!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter