When your party of 4 doesn't fit into the seat of 4....

smartmommy4

Earning My Ears
A few years ago I went on the AK safari ride with my two kids. We were a party of 3 and only occupied half the bench. The party behind me were 4 full size (not fat) adults. They squeezed very tightly in there and looked uncomfortable the whole ride. So the following year when I went on the safari ride again, I looked at the party behind me while we were waiting. They were 4 full size adults again, but I couldn't tell if they would fit in the seats. After we got on the ride, I immediately turned around and checked their seating condition, and sure enough, the last person had about half the space needed left. I immediately offered him to sit with us instead. He was puzzled at first but quickly came to sit in our row, which had plenty of space.

Another time, I was at the Pirates of the Caribbean when there were 4 super big adults in front of me, obviously a family and each one about as big as two adults. After we sat down, the father was left out because the 3 already filled up the row. So he said he would just skip the ride. I immediately invited him to sit with us, as our family only filled up half the row, so he did, and we all sat comfortably through the ride.

I don't understand why Disney doesn't consider guest size when assigning seats, but they don't (at the time of this writing.) So I recommend parties of 4 to speak up to the cast member and request an extra bench. But really, Disney needs to train the cast members to take into consideration guest size.

We have this happen on Primeval Whirl, Figment, and Living with the Land. We are currently Pooh sized and working on that but next trip will still be Pooh Sized. We've decided from now on, we will call ourselves parties of 2.

I find Safari seats just fine with 4 adults.
Also, I have seen many times when a CM at loading position (on numerous attractions) who will offer an alternate seating arrangement if guests appear to be incompatible with the one first offered.
(As with anything , some CMs are more attentive than others.)
But, absolutely, if you look to be “stuffed in” to a seating situation, speak up.

I find Safari seats just fine with 4 adults.
Also, I have seen many times when a CM at loading position (on numerous attractions) who will offer an alternate seating arrangement if guests appear to be incompatible with the one first offered.
(As with anything , some CMs are more attentive than others.)
But, absolutely, if you look to be “stuffed in” to a seating situation, speak up.
Yeah, we do fine on the Safari, Pirates, IaSW, and most others.

Only noticed it this time because it's the first time we had a group of 4.

Recently, I lost about 30 pounds. However, I am still 280 pounds. On our last trip, we went with another family. While I am the largest by far, we now had seven full sized adults, as well as my two teenage children, who are both skinny as a rail.

What I noticed two weeks ago is that we we were getting squished together on several attractions. The Safari being one where we bunch of us were squished into one seat.

What makes me laugh was at one ride (can't remember now if it was Peter Pan or Pooh) where they had one person in one seat a car or two in front of us, vet when it go to my family there were attempting to squish us all in.

Anyway, after a couple of days, when I would see that type of situation happen, I would just politely ask the cast member if we can break up into groups where we fit better. They always accommodated, and were normally very nice about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter