When you stay at DVC what supplies do you take?

scottb8888

DVC: SSR, HHI & BVI
Last year before our trip to SSR, we made a list of supplies that we sent down via UPS. I am curious if other folks have done the same thing and what would be any suggestions. Our theory was to send things down that were expendable and obviously would not make the trip back. pirate: pirate:

scottb8888 said:
Last year before our trip to SSR, we made a list of supplies that we sent down via UPS. I am curious if other folks have done the same thing and what would be any suggestions. Our theory was to send things down that were expendable and obviously would not make the trip back. pirate: pirate:

I never take any supplies but my wallet. On the other hand I do take some Windex and paper towels for my car window, bugs can be a problem.

We only pack a very few things that are in a little "DVC" container. It is salt, pepper, coffee filters and laundry detergent. The rest of the stuff I usually buy when we make a grocery run. I can't think of anything we have ever needed that wasn't available from housekeeping other than food.

I bring this stuff to all Disney resorts:
coffee
coffee filters
laundry detergent & dryer sheets

In a 1BR or bigger:
salt and pepper
small bottle of olive oil
spice-o-matic with italian spices
dishwasher detergent

Any and all of it can be bought on my grocery run. Sometimes I bring stuff and sometimes I wait :).

No need to bring dishwasher detergent. It is supplied by housekeeping, and they will bring more if you run out.

We don't bother with a grocery store run since prices in FL are so much higher so we bring laundry detergent/softner sheets, a case of bottled water, 12 pack soda, granola bars/bagels for breakfast, and a few snacks (chips, pretzels, etc). Maybe when there's more than just the two of us we may have to break down and do that grocery run, but for now this works for us.

3 of us get contact dermatitis so we use only soaps/detergents that don't make us break out. We drive down as well. I don't, but maybe 1 day.

Here's what I take:

Laundry detergent
Soap/lotions bath fizzes, etc.
Laundry Basket
A case of Propel Water and Aquafina Flavorful water
A freezer ziploc bag full of snacks
A few big trash bags for dirty laundry (for trip down and back)
a box of freezer ziploc bags (gallon size) they hold everything.
a bottle brush to clean out DD's sippy cups.
Wet wipes
Suntan lotions
Beach towels
Cooler with ice and drinks.
toilet paper

We make a grocery run when we get there and usually buy milk, soy milk, breakfast stuff, a few snacks. We eat out most of the time. Although we're going for 10 days this coming summer so my DH may cook 2-3 dinners and we'll eat about 8 breakfasts in the room. Lunch is almost always out and dinners too. IMO, by the time you get all the ingredients to make some meals you could have gone out (depending where you go). Ti us, eating out is part of the vacation..no cooking, no cleaning up afterwards!! That's just us though. Last year it seemed like we overpacked (we took a lot more stuff) so we;re sticking with the above items.

For our first trip home we brought our own king size fitted sheet. I read it here on the boards :)

It worked really well too!

Deb

dianeschlicht said:
We only pack a very few things that are in a little "DVC" container. It is salt, pepper, coffee filters and laundry detergent. The rest of the stuff I usually buy when we make a grocery run. I can't think of anything we have ever needed that wasn't available from housekeeping other than food.

That's my list too, Diane except I bring teabags instead of coffee filters. And since I'm down to three or four laundry tabs, that is now going to have to be part of the grocery run as well. :sad1:

PinotFan said:
Are towels supplied at all of the DVC pools?

Yes. We always end up with 3-4 in our room every night. We drop them off in the towel return in the morning or on our next visit to the pool.

:dog2: We have a small travel tote for DVC trips and it includes:

sweet and low/equal
salt/pepper
sharp knife (this obvious goes in checked luggage)
tiny scissors
coffee filters
extra plastic ware
spatula (cuz we usually have a bbq at the pool once while there)
matches (for same reason)
2 bag clips
laundry soap

that about covers the essentials for our mini kitchen in the studio!

Cindy :banana: :Pinkbounc ::MickeyMo :dog: :cool1:

dairyou said:
For our first trip home we brought our own king size fitted sheet. I read it here on the boards :)

It worked really well too!

Deb

This may be a silly question, but why do you bring the sheet? We're going for our first trip soon, so I really appreciate this thread. :wave:

Josie

Coffee (enough fort he first few days) and Mr. Coffee type filters. The rest we buy at Publix or the Wal Mart Superstore when we get there. BTW, Publix has great zucchini muffins for a quick breakfast.

Oz-Ma said:
This may be a silly question, but why do you bring the sheet? We're going for our first trip soon, so I really appreciate this thread. :wave:

Josie
Some folks don't like the flat sheet Disney (and most hotels) put on the beds. I happen to like the soft feel of their 800 Thread count sheets, and it's no problem to re-tuck them if they come out.

A small non-stick fry pan and unscented laundry detergent.

Large ziplock bags and large squares of tinfoil folded up (to wrap up leftover pizza or line a baking sheet).

WDWNewbie said:
A small non-stick fry pan and unscented laundry detergent.

Large ziplock bags and large squares of tinfoil folded up (to wrap up leftover pizza or line a baking sheet).

Thanks for this tip. I have a small box of supplies that I take when we drive to any timeshare that has freq. used spices, sugar, coffee, tea, ziplock bags and a roll of tin foil. I never thought about pre tearing the foil.

While we do eat out, we also eat alot of breakfasts, lunches and snacks in the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter