• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When will we get our resort room number?

LarryGadget

DIS Veteran
Our family has booked resort stays in December 2023 and was wondering when we can expect to see the room number assignments. Can you share your experiences?

Yup - not until the room is actually available for you to enter and move into. I expect the front desk can actually see what room you're assigned to day-of before it's ready, but they've not shared the room number with us. If you do online checkin, and if the process is working, you'll get the text a couple minutes after you can see it in MDE. MDE seems to be the earliest indication for us over the years.

We were within 10 minutes of Disney property (very close to 3:00) and I refreshed MDE - My Resort and our room number popped up. Within a minute, I had a text that our room was ready.

At a previous stay at BC, we arrived pretty early in the morning from an offsite hotel, and I went to the front desk to be sure that the room we were potentially assigned had the extra day-bed. The CM confirmed that it did but said the room wasn't ready yet. We headed to the bus stop to go to Disney Springs and within 5 minutes had a text that our room was ready.

There are too many "what ifs" to be notified of your room number before the room is actually ready for occupancy.

Just an FYI - it’s been our experience that if you’re doing a split stay, you may have to check in at the front desk for the second resort. Perhaps it is a quirk in their system, random, or has just been our experience.

As others have said when it's ready. Some have gotten the text early in the day others later. Personally, I have maybe received the text 1/2 the time after I have checked into the front desk. I usually arrive between 1 and 3 and go to the front desk to let them know I'm there. If I'm staying at a value or moderate I ask where the room is located so I can at least move my car there. Sometimes, they will find me a room. Usually, if my room is not ready, I let them know I'm there, move my car if it needs it and head to a park. Around 5 or 6 I'll head back to the resort if I haven't received a text and go to the front desk and ask about the room, again. Then I'm usually told oh it's been ready for a while, didn't you get the text. I always verify my phone number when I go to the front desk (and I always check in on line about a week before I go) and my phone # in MDE is always correct. Maybe because I go to the front desk they note in the computer I'm there and something triggers to not send the text, who knows.

Just an FYI - it’s been our experience that if you’re doing a split stay, you may have to check in at the front desk for the second resort. Perhaps it is a quirk in their system, random, or has just been our experience.
Less likely if you actually check out, via app, TV or front. Definitely an issue if you don't formally check out of your first resort, you rely on auto check out.

I’m guessing random.

Multiple visits over many years frequently split stays and no issues with a room ready text. I never check out of resort 1 but do online checkin for resort 2. Always get a room ready notification. DVC can be later… have had texts as early as 1 PM but almost always by 5 PM.

Less likely if you actually check out, via app, TV or front. Definitely an issue if you don't formally check out of your first resort, you rely on auto check out.
Agreed - we have found that when we 'officially' check out of the room, it works better.

I always check out of my first resort and have not had this issue, I usually get a room ready text in the early/mid afternoon for resort 2.

My issue is that sometimes the billing keeps charging to the old resort for checkout day despite the front desk of the old resort telling my it will go to the new resort, so I’ve taken to charging on my gift cards in park that day.

I always check out of my first resort and have not had this issue, I usually get a room ready text in the early/mid afternoon for resort 2.

My issue is that sometimes the billing keeps charging to the old resort for checkout day despite the front desk of the old resort telling my it will go to the new resort, so I’ve taken to charging on my gift cards in park that day.
Yes, we've seen the same thing with the charging. I guess since we have privileges at the first resort all day of check-out, the charging still continues to the same resort. We've always gotten an updated folio of charges emailed the following day if we ended up charging anything back to the original room. It's not ideal, but makes sense, I guess - if it's the actual last day and we're enjoying the parks or shopping after checkout, we'd like to keep the ability to charge to the room. We've never been charged twice for anything, so we just let it go.

You will get your assigned room number only when the room is ready for check-in. If they gave it out earlier I could see issues with some self-absorbed individuals knocking on the door asking the prior occupants how soon they planned to leave!

Our family has booked resort stays in December 2023 and was wondering when we can expect to see the room number assignments. Can you share your experiences?
I think you will either get your room number or a mssg saying your room isn't ready about a half hr before the time you choose for your arrival.

We're here now and had a really late arrival and we didn't get anything until about 20 mins before I had originally told them we'd be arriving. In numerous trips we've never had it that late and when I thought about it realized that we always get a text about a half hr before the time we chose on the checkin page. - Doesn't mean our room is always, but we receive a mssg saying it's not quite ready.

Obviously our room this trip would've been ready well before 930pm, but I heard nothing from them until then.

Last edited:
If you do online check-in and your room number doesn't appear before you get to the resort, go to the front desk. They may or may not be able to get you your room, but it's worth a try and it's worked for me before.

But one can get the room number via MDE sometimes quite early in the day. In December, my sister got the room number before 11 a.m., before her plane to Orlando had taken off.

You will get your assigned room number only when the room is ready for check-in. If they gave it out earlier I could see issues with some self-absorbed individuals knocking on the door asking the prior occupants how soon they planned to leave!
Or asking housekeeping what's taking so long? Why don't you stop what you're doing and clean room xxxx now.

We stayed in the Tower at CSR and on check in day we received our room ready text at about noon. On check out day from the Tower we were checking into a CSR Preferred room and had put in a request for 3 rooms near each other, as we were meeting others for the remainder of our stay. They said they had 3 rooms next to each other planned for us, but, none of those rooms were ready now. We opted to substitute a room near our original 3 rooms as we just wanted them close, they didn't need to be adjoining. So they loaded us on a golf cart and took us to our room at 7:30 in the morning.

Upshot is, if you put in a request for a room location and haven't received a text, check the front desk and they may have a different room ready earlier.

It varies. I've had our room be ready as early as 830am, and as late as 430pm. I always do online check-in and provide a fairly accurate ETA. My last trip I actually got the text about 5 minutes before we pulled into POFQ

We always take a red-eye in from Seattle so we typically arrive at the resort anywhere from 7:30-8:30am. The year we stayed at SSR, after stopping by the front desk to check-in, we headed off to TL. And by 12:30 we had the text our room was ready. Last year at our stay at YC, we did online check-in but arrived to the resort by 8:00am. We had to check in at the front desk to add my mom's CC to her MB and I asked if they could possible get us a room early since we'd been up all night flying. The CM said our room was being cleaned and wasn't quite ready. After changing and heading out to breakfast, we got the text our room was ready at 11:00. We were so grateful for that room being ready early that we thanked the front desk CM on our way up. I know it's not a given, but since we have to stop by and add my mom's CC, we tend to always stop and ask if our room is ready early since we always arrive early. If not, we head to breakfast, the pool for a nap, and then head to the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter