• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When Will Tickets Increase?

DisneyStarWisher

Love My DVC!!!
So in January 2020, my DH and I bought our first APs because we figured the prices would increase in February, the month they had consistently increased in the past. Well, we had no idea that Disney would be shutting down, and we would not be using them. They are still sitting in our account, and we have no plan on activating them until we have the desire to go at least three times in a year. That may be awhile. Anyway, we are going on a quick 3-night trip next month just for a resort-only stay. Because I just have to see the 50th celebration, we are doing a 5-night trip in November and plan on buying two 2-day PHs. I'm trying to decide if I should go ahead and buy them now. When is the next price increase predicted? I'm hesitant to buy them so far out because I don't want to be stuck with them if we end up not being able to go. (I know we can get a credit toward new tickets later, but don't want to be stuck with our money bound up in them.)

i thought price increases for tickets came out recently? regardless, i would buy them now. i can only imagine how much disney will raise their ticket prices during this calendar year and justify it with the release of the new attractions

So in January 2020, my DH and I bought our first APs because we figured the prices would increase in February, the month they had consistently increased in the past. Well, we had no idea that Disney would be shutting down, and we would not be using them. They are still sitting in our account, and we have no plan on activating them until we have the desire to go at least three times in a year. That may be awhile. Anyway, we are going on a quick 3-night trip next month just for a resort-only stay. Because I just have to see the 50th celebration, we are doing a 5-night trip in November and plan on buying two 2-day PHs. I'm trying to decide if I should go ahead and buy them now. When is the next price increase predicted? I'm hesitant to buy them so far out because I don't want to be stuck with them if we end up not being able to go. (I know we can get a credit toward new tickets later, but don't want to be stuck with our money bound up in them.)
To tell you the truth, my belief is that Disney doesn’t have to announce price increases for regular single-day or hopper tickets, since they’re date based. They can quietly raise the prices for some dates and not others, and no one would know unless they had been checking the price for those specific dates periodically for some time. So all you can do is check the price today for those dates in November and keep checking until you’re ready to buy. You may or may not see an increase, and I’ll be surprised if Disney announces any price increases other than for APs or for tickets that are not for specific dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter