When will Riviera resales be available

Yes, that would get you around what apparently is the trigger. To consistently find such large rentals in quantity would take a fair amount of work I think.
Not to mention that one is actually supposed to be reporting and paying income tax on that income.

In Disney's perfect world, direct prices would be high , while resale prices would be very low, but so unattractive that you still would not want to buy resale. Then Disney could just ROFR any resales and resell them at direct prices, making a huge profit over and over again.

So what is something that would drive prices low, but still not make people buy them? Not being able to use the points to book a reservation would do that. Restricting were you can book, restricting when you can book, etc. They have already done the first by restricting were future resale owners can book making it harder for them to get a room. Changing the booking windows for resale owners would be another way to restrict the ability of a resale owner to get a room.

In Disney's perfect world, direct prices would be high , while resale prices would be very low, but so unattractive that you still would not want to buy resale. Then Disney could just ROFR any resales and resell them at direct prices, making a huge profit over and over again.

So what is something that would drive prices low, but still not make people buy them? Not being able to use the points to book a reservation would do that. Restricting were you can book, restricting when you can book, etc. They have already done the first by restricting were future resale owners can book making it harder for them to get a room. Changing the booking windows for resale owners would be another way to restrict the ability of a resale owner to get a room.

I've read something in the FL statues though that I believe indicated that a condo/timeshare needs to consider the owners/membership even to the point of reasonable booking. If DVC's decisions did lead to making it difficult to book at all then I think they'd be in violation and owners most certainly would have valid complaints to the state about that. It's kind of sad that DVC is becoming the type of timeshare that you need to look to states to control how they treat their owners but they do seem to be that now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter