When will EPOCOT be Completed?

maxmouse

A Disneyland Kid who grew into a Disneyworld fan.
Trying to plan a future trip and with EPCOT being our favorite park would like to wait till the construction is done. I understand that EPCOT and all other parks will never be done but would like to wait till all the new rides are completed. Done anyone know what the time frame is for completion?

Most credible sources feel completion of the spine, new water area, kids area, spaceship earth refurb, space restaurant, gotg is likely 2 years out

Ratatouille is supposed to open this summer. Guardians of the Galaxy is scheduled for 2021 I believe. The whole "reimagining" of Future World will probably be 2022 or later.

Thank you, was hoping it was going to be sooner but it will probably be worth the wait. Maybe a longer visit when we head back.

Ratatouille is supposed to open this summer. Guardians of the Galaxy is scheduled for 2021 I believe. The whole "reimagining" of Future World will probably be 2022 or later.
While 2021 is the official target, I have seen two different sources who give GOTG an outside shot of opening very late this year. It’s still progressing well.

October 2022 is Epcot’s 40th so barring any major delays that is the target for a lot of the projects

2022 as that's the 40th Anniversary.
Ratatouille is supposed to open this summer. Guardians of the Galaxy is scheduled for 2021.
With Spaceship Earth closing this spring and opening 18-24 months, puts it in 2022.

I wouldn't bank on GOTG being done this year. With production of the 3rd movie delayed, that means the ride footage is delayed. It's supposed to be shot during the filming, just like Mission Breakout. I don't think they are going to be able to get it all done by 2022. I suspect most of it will be, but I think there will be some stragglers that don't come in until 2023. Although, maybe Josh D'amaro will be better about this than Cheapek.

The parks are never complete. There is always something going on whether its changing, being built, etc.

Epcot is a massive multi-year project. Pieces will open in phases. The first big piece will be Ratatouille this summer. Many expect this to open around Memorial Day.

Next will be Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind and the Play! Pavilion.

Visit the Rumors and News board for even more details.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter